Ford to Open New Engine Plant in China

Full story: ABC News

Ford and Chinese partner, Changan Ford Mazda Automobile Ltd., plan to build a $500 million engine plant in China.
Comments
1 - 20 of 43 Comments Last updated Aug 9, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Comment

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 25, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Give the U.S. a break ! It's time for - Obama - to focus on Americans Jobs The economy 'Where are the jobs ?

These TRAITOR COMPANIES like G.E. and Ford are in with CORRUPT- CAREER- POLITICIANS. So they can take their jobs offshore to other countries.

American people need to find out how these CORRUPT- CAREER- POLITICIANS- are and vote them out.
jobs lost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 25, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Ford shut down the Atlanta Assembly Plant because of government regulations. EPA regulations, product safety standards, affirmative action laws, and more. No such nuisances in China.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 25, 2010
 

Judged:

4

1

1

jobs lost wrote:
Ford shut down the Atlanta Assembly Plant because of government regulations. EPA regulations, product safety standards, affirmative action laws, and more. No such nuisances in China.
Bull! Ford is looking for dirt-cheap labor. Period~
Comment

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Ford motors building a 500 billion-dollar engines factory in China, General Motors being sold off to China, they will hold controlling shares.

General Electric and all general appliance factories in the United States, they are building more factories in China to avoid US taxes.

That is why there is no work in the United States, President Barack Obama better start focusing on this problem, all big U.S. companies are TRAITORS they ABANDONED the American people to avoid U.S. taxes and aggressive union tactics.
Deng

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 25, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

1

It will not stop until a few ropes are put around a few Treasonous necks
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 25, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

Finally a few smart Americans... who know its not the Chinese fcuking them over it is the top 20% of America who own 87% of the wealth
Rick

Allen Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 27, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

This is great news for Ford Motor Co. Being competitive is what's all about. Cut cost and build better products over sea. Ford will not invest in U.S. until the Unions are dead. Great plan Ford.
Comment

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 28, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Go after these “”TREASONOUS”” U.S. companies building all of these factories in China and other Asian countries.
“”This is the reason why there is no work in the United States”” because of these treasonous big companies; they are avoiding U.S. taxes and U.S. labor unions.
2663
Steve

Allen Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 29, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

This is how American companies stays in business and make profits. Stay away from the lazy Americians and exspecially the Union workers.
Jobu

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 29, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Are all of you people morons? Ford is building an additional engine plant in China to meet the demand that exists in China. All of the engines produced there will be used in cars produced there for sale in China and surrounding Asian countries.

This is not a transferring of jobs from the U.S. to China. It is an attempt to produce product where it sales. Plain and simple.

If the U.S. sales ever get going again you will see more hiring in the U.S. The first place that looks to have potential to increase hiring is Chicago. They are planning two shifts right now but if the economy takes off by the time the new Explorer comes out you will see them moving to 3 shifts within a year from now.

I can see it now. Chinese consumers complaining about Ford for giving jobs to Americans in Chicago instead of building Explorers in China and shipping them halfway around the world. ME NO BUY FORD EVER AGAIN! THEY NO TREAT CHINAMAN GOOD.
jones

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 29, 2010
 
Jobu wrote:
Are all of you people morons? Ford is building an additional engine plant in China to meet the demand that exists in China. All of the engines produced there will be used in cars produced there for sale in China and surrounding Asian countries.
This is not a transferring of jobs from the U.S. to China. It is an attempt to produce product where it sales. Plain and simple.
If the U.S. sales ever get going again you will see more hiring in the U.S. The first place that looks to have potential to increase hiring is Chicago. They are planning two shifts right now but if the economy takes off by the time the new Explorer comes out you will see them moving to 3 shifts within a year from now.
I can see it now. Chinese consumers complaining about Ford for giving jobs to Americans in Chicago instead of building Explorers in China and shipping them halfway around the world. ME NO BUY FORD EVER AGAIN! THEY NO TREAT CHINAMAN GOOD.
We're all morons, my next car in a few weeks will be a Subaru Forester . Give me a break ? Chicago , of all places !
ws w

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 29, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Comment wrote:
Give the U.S. a break ! It's time for - Obama - to focus on Americans Jobs The economy 'Where are the jobs ?
These TRAITOR COMPANIES like G.E. and Ford are in with CORRUPT- CAREER- POLITICIANS. So they can take their jobs offshore to other countries.
American people need to find out how these CORRUPT- CAREER- POLITICIANS- are and vote them out.
Lets see
Obama didn't give Ford a bailout
Ford sends jobs to China
CAFTA signed by Bush
The Chinese cheat
on
labor(forced and or slave)
value of their currency
and imports from the US
I'll bet you were at Walmart this week though
Quit complaining and stay out of Walmart
ws w

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 29, 2010
 
Jobu wrote:
Are all of you people morons? Ford is building an additional engine plant in China to meet the demand that exists in China. All of the engines produced there will be used in cars produced there for sale in China and surrounding Asian countries.
This is not a transferring of jobs from the U.S. to China. It is an attempt to produce product where it sales. Plain and simple.
If the U.S. sales ever get going again you will see more hiring in the U.S. The first place that looks to have potential to increase hiring is Chicago. They are planning two shifts right now but if the economy takes off by the time the new Explorer comes out you will see them moving to 3 shifts within a year from now.
I can see it now. Chinese consumers complaining about Ford for giving jobs to Americans in Chicago instead of building Explorers in China and shipping them halfway around the world. ME NO BUY FORD EVER AGAIN! THEY NO TREAT CHINAMAN GOOD.
Explain why the Mazda 3 is built in Japan exported to the US for sale
with that same philosophy
those motors should be built here and imported by China
they cheat
and the biggest cheater
is
CAT
if you want to purchase heavy equipment choose
DEERE

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 30, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull! Ford is looking for dirt-cheap labor. Period~
No, that person is actually correct. There is so many regulations and rules to follow here that it's very difficult for a large company to operate. Thank our bleeding heart country for that.
Flatwoodsflyer

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 1, 2010
 
the best thing we can do is "BOYCOTT", if you dummies will quit buying the "CHINA JUNK", these companies will quit building them, when I hear of a US company making proucts in China and sending them to the US I boycott them, every thing that I have bought that was made in China has been junk, numerous TV`s, radios, clothing ,toys lead in thier paint products, wake up , " CHEAP" is not better, DAMN IT, WAKE UP, they are stealing your JOBS, BOYCOTT<BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
Pinky

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 1, 2010
 
Yeah!
guta

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 3, 2010
 
Saturday Sep 25 Judge

Ford shut down the Atlanta Assembly Plant because of government regulations. EPA regulations, product safety standards, affirmative action laws, and more. No such nuisances in China./////////
IT DOES NOT TAKE TOO MUCH SMARTS TO REALIZE THE WASHING MACHINE IS THE PROBLEMO.ITS BEEN destroying ITSELF,THE SO CALLED MIDDLE CLASS,WHICH IS ONE STEP ABOVE POVERTY LEVEL,small business and all legitimate business squarely in the A$$. taxation ,overspending,pandering ,stupidity have been spinning this washing machine for decades.just wait for us corporations move to move out
neweng 2011

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

any american company that left to go to china or anywhere but hear we should tax them enough so it's not worth being in another country. listen people we really do need to stop buyind from china our trade deficit with china is staggering it's something close to 634,000,000,000 dollars.if we do this we will bring our manufactoring companies back home. china is still comminist,they are out to destroy our economy,that is the only way they can beat us. we better wake up quick, i will not buy chinese products,it's worth the extra money to get our country thriving again. think back 20 years or more and try and remember how cool it was to be in the u.s. give it some serious thought.
Typical

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

neweng 2011 wrote:
any american company that left to go to china or anywhere but hear we should tax them enough so it's not worth being in another country. listen people we really do need to stop buyind from china our trade deficit with china is staggering it's something close to 634,000,000,000 dollars.if we do this we will bring our manufactoring companies back home. china is still comminist,they are out to destroy our economy,that is the only way they can beat us. we better wake up quick, i will not buy chinese products,it's worth the extra money to get our country thriving again. think back 20 years or more and try and remember how cool it was to be in the u.s. give it some serious thought.
Hey genius, the computer you posted this ignorant rant from, probably was built in china. You should through it out right now.
Homer Hickem

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 24, 2010
 
throw

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Ford Forum right now

Search the Ford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Experience With Ford Focus Mon ExFocus 1
1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (Jul '07) Jul 25 MIKE THE KNIFE 63
Feds Urged to Act on Ford Spark Plug Blow-Outs (Jan '06) Jul 24 Leslee 1,336
Ford Assembly Jobs Jul 24 Eastside Fox 1
A trip down memory lane: Cruisers get nostalgic... Jul 19 fodder of the bride 3
Local man run over by own vehicle Jul 14 boomshakalakaBOOMbaby 2
Ford Hybrids C-Max and Fusion Fail to Meet Fuel... (Dec '12) Jul 10 rich 2
•••

Buy a New Car


Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••