rag

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2009
just got a 09 ram 1500 with a 4.7engine. Thinking of using synthetic oil have never used it anything else worried about pouring it into a new truck feed back please
jared

Winfield, IA

#2 May 4, 2009
I have a 04 ram with a 5.7 hemi and have used royal purple synthetic oil. It is great stuff and increases horsepower and gas mileage. Also used it in my dakota, lawn mowers, etc. I would recommend using royal purple or mobil one synthetics. I have never had a problem in anything. All my vehicles have been new and have used it since they were new and still do.
Robert Sanchez

Arlington, TX

#3 Jun 12, 2009
It's great oil back went back to conv.oil because of $$$$$ it's cheaper
twolucky c bluffs ia

Omaha, NE

#4 Jun 16, 2009
mobil 1 5/20 full synthetic its on sale at advance auto though the 24th of june just bought some along with bosch platinum plugs $130 worth of plugs yikes. it will be worth it though i have used bosch plugs before and recommend them. treatin my hemi right
rag

Valley View, TX

#5 Jun 19, 2009
i decided to go with castrol syntec 5w 20 so far i like it
Leslie

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Aug 11, 2011
I think that the Royal Purple synthetic oil is pretty good. What do you guys think? I like using it because it is synthetic and synthetic is good, neh? http://www.lucky7trucks.com
MOPARBOY

Baie-comeau, Canada

#7 Jan 23, 2012
I use synthetic oil since 1989 in my dodge daytona that i bought new at this time. 23 years later this car run fine. I have to tell that this car run only 6 month/year.(no winter driving)
I plan to put synthetic oil in my 5.7 ram truck because i want to haul a camper in the box.
I also want to convert the transmission, transfer case and front and rear differentials.
Synthetic oil has the particularity of absorbing the heat without the inconvenient of loosing viscosity.
The viscosity is ever at the same level in winter or summer, so winter morning coldstart is not difficult.
You have to know it is heat causing oil deterioration, so synthetic oil is a good choice for long time or heavy use of your truck.
Anonymous

Port Huron, MI

#9 Dec 15, 2013
I use synthetic in everything I own even my 2 strokes I just switch back to semi synthetic in my 07 ram did not like it running at a lower oil pressure witch caused my check engine light t come on and give me
a low oil pressure code since I have went back to semi synthetic no more problems

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Ram 1500 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dodge Ram 1500 2004 model thermostat location (Mar '07) Oct 19 steedrock2 107
Chrysler September 2014 Sales Jump 19 Percent, ... Oct 2 rglassman 1
2004 1500 4.7L Temp - Sometimes hot sometimes not (Jul '08) Sep '14 dnyberg 13
2004 ram door lock stuck down (Feb '10) Aug '14 MarioB 57
Changing 3rd brake light Aug '14 OKC1 1
'Keep on Truckin' - Ram Truck Month at Gary Mat... (Mar '13) Jul '14 cat 6
P0303 and losing coolant - yikes! Jun '14 Coy 1

Dodge Ram 1500 People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE