Is new Barracuda Chrysler's next retro muscle car?

Feb 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Automotive News

Chrysler Group is rumored to be developing a 21st century Barracuda to replace the Challenger, according to a story on the Motor Trend Web site .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Chuck - IrvineCA-Tuttle- C

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Did someone say -Replace- the Challenger? Not Hardly!! See, back in 1970, there was a Plymouth division -and- a Dodge division to what was _only_ known as 'Chrysler Corporation'. Plymouth introduced a version called the Barracuda, while the Dodge division gave us the only slightly cosmetically different Challenger. The Challenger was produced in the same factory the Barracuda was produced in. Both models sold side by side just like the Valiant & Dart did; and I believe the same factory Hamtramk (sp?). Them was the good ol' days just prior to 'Direct Connection' add-on custom Chrysler parts. Sad thing -now- is seeing Daimler-Benz working OT to kill Chrysler for good.:(
Dodger

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Chuck - IrvineCA-Tuttle-C wrote:
Did someone say -Replace- the Challenger? Not Hardly!! See, back in 1970, there was a Plymouth division -and- a Dodge division to what was _only_ known as 'Chrysler Corporation'. Plymouth introduced a version called the Barracuda, while the Dodge division gave us the only slightly cosmetically different Challenger. The Challenger was produced in the same factory the Barracuda was produced in. Both models sold side by side just like the Valiant & Dart did; and I believe the same factory Hamtramk (sp?). Them was the good ol' days just prior to 'Direct Connection' add-on custom Chrysler parts. Sad thing -now- is seeing Daimler-Benz working OT to kill Chrysler for good.:(
Daimler-Benz Who?.......
neil82

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

daimler has little to do with chrysler. they dont own chrysler anymore, fiat does.the barracuda is replacing the challenger because it is bigger and heavier than the mustang and camaro making it slower!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
•••
•••