jbc

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

does anyone knows what happen at the new hires orientation.
Highland Park

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

jbc wrote:
does anyone knows what happen at the new hires orientation.
I went last week it was a lot of fun ,and great food both days,we learned a lot and got to meet General.
jbc

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

do they give you a start date after the new hire orientation for chrysler and also do you have to take any test at that orientation.
Highland Park

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

jbc wrote:
do they give you a start date after the new hire orientation for chrysler and also do you have to take any test at that orientation.
WE went through two days of orientation,and we were assigned to two more days of orientation this up coming week.We have a tentative start date later in the month.As of now there have been no tests nor were any mentioned by the union reps or Chrysler reps.
jbc

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

did they mention would the new hires start off at 14 dollars or 16 dollars.
Highland Park

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

jbc wrote:
This is the deal we are being hired as full time people but the jobs are temporary and virtually open ended,there are no benefits for these jobs despite what you hear on television.The jobs pay $14 and change..any $16 dollar jobs for permanant employment is being given to current part timers and temps these jobs will get benefits.any body coming in for these jobs at orientation are getting temp. full time jobs at 14 plus with no benefits,I was with hundreds of people last week and we all got temp full time jobs.
Highland Park

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

jbc wrote:
You will also be paying union dues every month,even as a temp with no benefits.
jbc

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

what happens if you make your 90 days?
Highland Park

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

jbc wrote:
what happens if you make your 90 days?
This is a new era, 90 days or 120 days doesn't matter with the jobs that they are currently hiring for.you could potentially be there for years under their new hiring program without being permanently hired while working for no benefits.This was explained by both Chrysler and UAW.
jbc

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

so that means they dont offer any wage increase just 14 dollars forever.
Highland Park

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

You get a 5% premium for second shift,but the wages stay where they are until the current contract expires or if one happens to get hired on as a permenant hire.What facility are they hiring you for?
Don Draper

Woodstock, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

At Belvidere Assembly we have temps who have been working for 4 years without being hired permanently. First you'll sign paperwork stating you are a vacation replacement and 120 days later you'll be forced to sign a paper stating that you will continue on a temporary basis and the time spent working will NOT go towards seniority. You basically wave all rights to become a permanent employee.

Oh, and that sting you'll feel, that's just you realizing that you'll never have what your fellow "brothers and sisters" have. You'll do the same work and see first hand how well paid the 1st tiers are. You are there to help fund their pensions. Enjoy that.
jbc

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

jefferson north what about you. also do they offer vac. and time off
Highland Park

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Don Draper wrote:
At Belvidere Assembly we have temps who have been working for 4 years without being hired permanently. First you'll sign paperwork stating you are a vacation replacement and 120 days later you'll be forced to sign a paper stating that you will continue on a temporary basis and the time spent working will NOT go towards seniority. You basically wave all rights to become a permanent employee.
Oh, and that sting you'll feel, that's just you realizing that you'll never have what your fellow "brothers and sisters" have. You'll do the same work and see first hand how well paid the 1st tiers are. You are there to help fund their pensions. Enjoy that.
That's right Don. One thing that I really disagree with was one of the guys at orientation was really concerned about not being able to participate in Chryslers 401k program.Turns out he was a chrysler retiree who already got his buyout ,car voucher,veba healthcare and pension. He wasn't the only retiree there doing this.They got theirs, why not give a young person with a family a crack at a job? You union brothers got all the pie you can eat.Why not take a job elsewhere and let others have a chance?
Don Draper

Woodstock, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Agreed.
Don Draper

Woodstock, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

I would also like to note that 1st tiers are NOT our equals. They are our bosses. We work for them. You know why I say this?

-They make double (if not even more with overtime) what we make.
-They have excellent benefits (pension, matching 401k, generous vacation, educational reimbursement), we do not.
-They can bid on jobs.
-Chrysler is owned primarily by the UAW VEBA.
-Best of all, the UAW looks out for them.

The UAW and 1st tiers are our bosses. What we need is a separate union that will represent the downtrodden working man/woman at Chrysler, Ford & GM. We will never get a fair shake with the tyrannical UAW. Those union reps are the same 1st tiers we are working for. Do you think they would fight to get us better pay and benefits? Why would they, they already make $60K plus.
jbc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Don Draper wrote:
I would also like to note that 1st tiers are NOT our equals. They are our bosses. We work for them. You know why I say this?
-They make double (if not even more with overtime) what we make.
-They have excellent benefits (pension, matching 401k, generous vacation, educational reimbursement), we do not.
-They can bid on jobs.
-Chrysler is owned primarily by the UAW VEBA.
-Best of all, the UAW looks out for them.
The UAW and 1st tiers are our bosses. What we need is a separate union that will represent the downtrodden working man/woman at Chrysler, Ford & GM. We will never get a fair shake with the tyrannical UAW. Those union reps are the same 1st tiers we are working for. Do you think they would fight to get us better pay and benefits? Why would they, they already make $60K plus.
But do the new hires get vac time or sick time
Don Draper

Woodstock, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

You get nothing, you are a temp.
jbc

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Don Draper wrote:
You get nothing, you are a temp.
What kind of job is this I thought this was a union job
Don Draper

Woodstock, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

It's only a good job if you are a 1st tier. Otherwise it's not much better than being a cashier at a Wal-Mart. Only difference is you don't have a union taking your money and the company is very profitable (unlike bankrupt Chrysler).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 4 min overload 14,061
Wtap tpt 57 min wtap 29
Kokomo Chrysler Hiring News ? (Jan '12) 1 hr john 2,168
lawsuit against chrysler 2 hr sniveling little ... 27
fmla 2 hr smash n trash 5
Chrysler Hiring Process 2 hr wanted 3
Why do team leaders get .50 cents more 2 hr private heaven 13
Good Bye C shift BAP 4 hr Warren 2 18

Search the Chrysler Forum:

Buy a New Car