Steve P

Miami, FL

#183 Jun 10, 2011
Another evaporator not working, will not spend 1500.00 to fix! I will NEVER buy another Chrysler product and I suppose the product will get even WORSE since the government owns them. Also, for that reason, will NEVER buy GM. FORD you have my business from now on.
OldSkoolGuy

Raynham, MA

#184 Jun 24, 2011
Glenn Vice - wrote:
Chrysler should however recall this evaporator coil......
Chrysler just told me that it is not there problem. I guest if anyone buys a chrysler they will have to plan on spending 1200.00 dallors after 6 years.
I do not believe this part is considered a wear item, it is not a movable item. I believe it had a defect that caused this failure. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Sincerly
An unhappy 215M owner.
I know this is an old thread, but let me add my experience. I've either owned or driven five Dodge vehicles since 1988 and all have had evap coil go bad. Two vehicles were employer vehicles. My most recent problem is on a 2006 Grand Caravan. Evap coil has failed. Estimated repair:$1400.

I'll get it done because I need A/C in my car, but know this. This is the LAST Dodge or "American" car I ever own. I'm 58, have owned nothing but American cars since I was 17, but this is the end of the line. A nice new Honda, Hyundai, or even a Kia is a better deal.

Where's the damn class action lawyers when you need them?
Rosie

Memphis, TN

#185 Aug 1, 2011
Johnny B wrote:
Hey guys, I bought a used evaporator core of the internet, and the guy sent me detailed instructions on how to do it youself. If any of you want a copy of this e-mail just post ur e-mail address and i'll send it ASAP!!!
P.S. After I read theis e-mail, i knew why they are charging so much to do this repair. You have to have the right tools and alot of time (1 1/2 -2 days at least) to work on your vehicle.
Can you send me the instructions? I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 with 50k and i was just told the Evaporator needs to be replaced!

rosieamavizca@yahoo.com
rnelatc

Kissimmee, FL

#186 Aug 3, 2011
Can someone send me the instructions also to replace the evaparator core. knel1971@yahoo.com
chris

Saginaw, MI

#187 Aug 3, 2011
Dave wrote:
I have a 2000 grand caravan that stopped cooling about 3 weeks ago. I took it to the dealer and they told me with parts and labor it would be $1100 dollars to repair.
I called a local salvage yard and priced the part. It was 75 bucks from them. I know that part is not guaranteed but man 125 bucks (parts plus installation guide and misc.) is so much easier on my wallet than $1100.
would not happen to have installation guide copy would ya?

I have same problem that I need to do job myself on 1998 dodge grand caravan

Thanks
Michael

New Orleans, LA

#188 Aug 18, 2011
Glenn Vice - wrote:
I live in Louisiana and have a 2000 grand caravan with 215,000 miles on it. I fix everything as it breaks and the vehicle is in good shape. My evaporator coil also went out and the mechanic wants $1400 to repair it cause he says the whole dashboard needs to come out. Wel I think this is crazy that the evaporator coil goes out so soon and the condensor coil (as hot as it gets under the hood) is still ok. Rip off from Dodge. I will do the repairs myself then. I don't mind saving $1000 for a week end project. Chrysler should however recall this evaporator coil......
Chrysler just told me that it is not there problem. I guest if anyone buys a chrysler they will have to plan on spending 1200.00 dallors after 6 years.
I do not believe this part is considered a wear item, it is not a movable item. I believe it had a defect that caused this failure. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Sincerly
An unhappy 215M owner.
I have a 2005 Grand Caravan, 2K estimate. can you do it for a lot less?
GBecker

Waterloo, IL

#189 Aug 20, 2011
Can someone send my the instructions please 2006 T&C Evap Coil went out.

Thanks
gbecker@htc.net
Glen
David

Cape Coral, FL

#190 Sep 17, 2011
hi please send me the instructions to repairmaster1@hotmail.com. I have a 2001 chrysler town and country. Thanks johnny
Bob

Tulsa, OK

#191 Sep 18, 2011
Hi Johnny B, I made it through the summer with my Town and Country but don't want to go through another. Would you please send the instructions you mentioned to me? My email address is bobdiskerud@hotmail.com. Thank you.
Steyphaney

Pasadena, TX

#192 Oct 15, 2011
2007 Dodge Magnum here .... 70k miles. Super glad I have an extended service policy and only gotta dish out $80 because thank God its covered!! If this is a huge problem across the board with Chryslers and Dodges they need to rectify this problem!
sadnky

Ashburn, VA

#193 Apr 3, 2012
2007 Magnum owner here. I was just told that my evaporator coil is bad and the repair is $1100.00. The car has 60,000 miles and I just bought it December 15th. Guess the joke is on me if I thought the car was a good deal.
albert

Cape Coral, FL

#194 Apr 26, 2012
hi can i oplease get a copy of evaporator remove a4261jb@netzero.com ty so much
Mary

New Ulm, MN

#195 May 6, 2012
I have a 2001 Chrysler 300M; I bought it used, after a short time it smelled like someone smoked cigars in it, I cleaned the vents, had the evaporator coil cleaned last year, and had the cooling system recharged numerous times. This year my mechanic said I needed to replace my evaporator coil at a cost of $1500. I took it to a different shop, they replaced it for $1000. They showed me the coil after they removed it and it was plugged. I, too, wonder how to get Chrysler to recall these faulty evaporator coils.
Natalie

Charlotte, NC

#196 May 12, 2012
I've had terrible problems with the air conditioning on my 2006 PT Cruiser. The car currently has 33,500 miles on it but the air has not worked properly for the past 2 years. I've gotten the runaround from the dealer; replacing freon, repairing/sealing leaks, replacing the radiator fan module and finally, this week, they replaced the evaporator coil - which I now believe MIGHT have been the problem from the beginning. Regardless,the air system is crap.
charles

Webster, NY

#197 Jun 20, 2012
Lou wrote:
I have a 1999 300M as well with 58K miles on it. Taking to dealer tomorrow. Local shop charged system beginning of last summer. When I took it back few months later after A/C wasn't cooling, they diagnosed as a bad evaporator. They did multiple leak tests and this was their conclusion. Wasn't sure I was going to keep car so didn't spend the $ on it then.
Taking to dealer tomorrow for them to diagnose and replace if needed. Sucks but figure $1200 better than cost of buying new car, assuming I keep this one a couple of years longer.
Ihave a 300c with the same problem and was told it would cost me 1200 as well. That really sucks think i will be getting rid of mine. Both of them
charles

Webster, NY

#198 Jun 20, 2012
I have a 07 300 with the same problem.
And was told it would cost 1200. That really SUCKS..
marilyn lawson

Anniston, AL

#199 Jun 26, 2012
Navin wrote:
The cost estimate for this is $2000.00 and the Pacifica has only 31,000 miles. Now wonder Chrysler and Russ Darrow are not facing the problem.
i had the die and replaced freeane put in my car 139.00 for two weeks my air were find and then it went out again, i went back to the shop were i had the work done only to be told that my evapertater had went out and for 989.00 they were chargeing me 379.00 for a 110 dollar eveaperater and over 600.00 to install it, they said the hold dash streening wheel and all would have to come out and this would take 2 days i left.
JAtkinson

Sumter, SC

#200 Jul 4, 2012
If anyone has the instructions could you please email them to me. Thanks. pooh1873@ftc-i.net
web smithster

Palm Coast, FL

#201 Jul 17, 2012
hey all chrysler are good
Jim Raines

Hampton, VA

#202 Sep 13, 2012
I bought a 2001 Chrysler 300M new. I have had a multitude of problems with that car since new. 3 major transmission failures, numerous check engine lights AC evaporator failure, suspension failure headlamp switch failure and numerous other problems. The car has always been properly maintained. It will be a cold day in h--- when I buy another Chrysler or Chrysler product.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler 300M Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2002 Chrysler 300 special front bumpercover Dec 2 Steven Agnitsch 1
Where is battery situated on Chrysler 300m (Mar '06) Nov '14 leo 39
Bought 2001 300m, need some help....new to me. Nov '14 martell12 1
2002 300m special tranny problems (Oct '07) Oct '14 kwaljames 36
2000 Chrysler 300M Engine Stall / Failure (Apr '06) Aug '14 Miranda 351
Chrysler 300M Check Engine Light (Sep '10) Aug '14 Lilayea 10
Tires on 300M special (Apr '14) Aug '14 KelH 3
More from around the web