Vic

Lorain, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

I have had the noise, have ab 02 with 106K miles and changed the idler pulley , tensioner /pulley assy, and water pump, still have the noise, currently believe it's the fan clutch !!
tenth st

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2009

i have a 05 trailblazer, paid OVER 30,000 for it. It too has a loud whining noise. I just ignore it. No wonder Chevrolet is going belly up! I'll NEVER waste my money on these machines again!
Vic

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

Have an 2003 TB W/ 108K milesd had noise in front of eng, changed w/pump, idler pulley, and tensioner assy, still had noise, changed fan clutch now quiet...Had front wheel noise, changed r/front w/bng now quiet again !!!
Vic

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

Vic wrote:
I have had the noise, have ab 02 with 106K miles and changed the idler pulley , tensioner /pulley assy, and water pump, still have the noise, currently believe it's the fan clutch !!
It was the fan clutch !!
Vic

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

2002 TB,.... FYI to prepare for extended trips with 100K+ miles had the alt re-built, had less than 2K left on brushes, and the com is so thin cannot be turned smooth had to replace the com, brushes, and bearings..still better than what would have happened on the hwy !!! Vic
Thurman

Fort Wainwright, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

"Michigan Man" is correct in that in 98% of the cases of the "strange noise under the hood" with GM products--it's the cooling fan clutch. Some say it even sounds like an airplane propeller. A fan clutch change and PCM re-program is the solution. A DIY job for person with advanced auto repair skills.
william

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

my 2003 trailblazer has a humming/whineing sound which seems to be coming from the rear end. anyone have any ideas? i've added about a quart and a half of lubricant to the differential.
Don B

Oakley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

Tom wrote:
We have a 2003 Trailblazer LT, with the 4.1L engine. It has 157,000 miles, and we have had no problems. Recently,we've had some really cold weather, and I've noticed a humming sound that wasn't there before.
The noise increases and decreases with the engine RPM's. It does it all the time, not just when the engine is cold. It's coming from the front of the engine compartment, so I'm thinking maybe alternator? I thought they usually made a squeak or a squeal when they are going out. Could it be the serpentine belt?
Other than this, we have had no problems with the car! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Look at the "Idler Pully." It should be a cheap fix if that's the problem.....
Shanen

Hamilton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2009

Mujo wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah i have an 04 TB ls and its making a similar noise in the back. when i accelerate hard. i don't know, it wounds like the license plate its like scratching against the ground. its so annoying and ive never heard this before. i thought one of the doors in the back were open but they're not.
I'm having the same issue with the noise. I just bought this vehicle a month ago. My thinking was that the drive axle was shot. I haven't tried to do anything to it yet, but I am definitely doing some research to figure out what it is.
GeeMelen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Hey there, I'm getting some noise when I speed up a little I feel like my 05 TB is lazy. Just got back from the mechanic because it was making a humming sound as well. Well, he tells me I need bearings, which I also read above, does this sound right, just wanted to do some research before I bring him in!

Thanks.
yup

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

GeeMelen wrote:
Hey there, I'm getting some noise when I speed up a little I feel like my 05 TB is lazy. Just got back from the mechanic because it was making a humming sound as well. Well, he tells me I need bearings, which I also read above, does this sound right, just wanted to do some research before I bring him in!
Thanks.
When you rev the engine, does the noise get louder as the engine rpm's get higher? If so, this the exact problem that I had. It is the Idler pulley. It costs about 15-20 dollars, and about 15-30 mins to change. One bolt holds it in. The noise will be gone!!
Matraw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

I had the same problem it was one of the bearin that was the noise check that out
yup

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Matraw wrote:
I had the same problem it was one of the bearin that was the noise check that out
Do you mean the bearings in the Idler pulley? If so, that is what the problem is. The seal on the bearing broke, causing it to tear itself apart (get loud). I hear allot of Blazers on the road that sound exactly like mine used to. When I brought it to Chevy, they told me that it was my Alternator. I didn't agree. So, I checked the closest accessory, bingo, Idler pulley. Problem solved...They wanted to charge me $600.00... Paid $15.00...
07TBLS

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

i have a 07 trailblazer and i have the same humming noise. my truck only has 48XXX so i dont no what could be the problem. any suggestions? thanks
kevin

Harrison, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

have a 04 trailblazer makeing aloud sound like theres a hole in the exahust coming from under the hood,think it could be manifold gasket.just changed oil.
Dano

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

95% of you it is going to be the ac clutch bearing NOT the fan its about a 30$ part but it is a little pain to change. make sure you get the correct bearing the part stores do not take into consideration there are different ac pumps made for this vehicle and some have different size bearings!!! i did it in 2 and 1/2 hours and that includes tacking the cooling fan out to make room so those that are getting charges 5 hrs to replace are ripping you off big time thats a 1 hour job all day long
Lisa

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

I have a 2003 TB LT and I am having the same problem. Mechanic said I could drive with it and quoted about $1,500 to fix it. Fan clutch is the problem.... it is very annoying to drive with the loud sound....ready to trade it in fast!!!!
Tom

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2010

Does anyone know what the labor is to change a water pump on an 03 trailblazer?
Thanks in advance!
adam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

j r page cville va wrote:
my wife had the same problem. it turned out to be the clutch fan. had a mechanic replace. parts and labor was approximately $650.00. the new part is almost $300. it contains some sort of electrical/computer piece. took approximately 5 hours to install
.......... clutch fan is 1 hour job i change this 3 time for my self

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of63
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Chevrolet TrailBlazer Forum right now

Search the Chevrolet TrailBlazer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
trailblazer just shutting off on me (Jun '07) Tue AID12 48
2003 Chevy Trailblazer instrument panel malfunc... (Dec '07) Mon Shaysa 68
2007 Trailblazer Transmission Problem (Feb '10) Apr 10 gary 35
Swapping badges on holden Colorado 7 to chev ba... Apr 9 Craig rains 1
Car shuts off when A/C on (Jul '07) Apr 7 Twin81 92
2006 Chevy Trailblazer Apr 5 Jim 1
Transmission in my '03 Trailblazer dead (Sep '06) Apr 4 Michelle 79
•••

Buy a New Car