Mike

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

can an external speedometer be substituted for the in-dash one, like in the old days? Would love to fix my truck, but $500 is ridiculous!!! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Dave

Eatonville, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

2005 silverado 1500.Digital Odometer. When calculating mileage, using the odometer I come up with a different figure than what the trip ODO says. Ususlly about 20 miles. Makes it kind of rough to keep accurate track and the MPG display is WAY off to show you phenominal numbers. Anybody out there experiencing the same? 160K miles and no real serious problems.

Since: Jan 12

Lorton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

Hi, I have a 2004 Silverado SS and my speedometer is going all the over to 120mph and stays there.I unplug the battery and it reset back to zero. Can anyone help me on this why its doing this kind of problem. I heard if enough people come forward to this matter then chevy will put out an recall to all the owners has this issue.
Dean

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

bajaman35 wrote:
Hi, I have a 2004 Silverado SS and my speedometer is going all the over to 120mph and stays there.I unplug the battery and it reset back to zero. Can anyone help me on this why its doing this kind of problem. I heard if enough people come forward to this matter then chevy will put out an recall to all the owners has this issue.
Call GM USA. There is a 'good will' program for this. they should replace with labor at no cost to you.
ross

La Crosse, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

We sent ours to www.gmgaugerepair.com and they rebuilt it for $110.00.
Mike

Menoken, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

If I recall about 3 years ago chevy did have a recall on the speedometer issue. See if you can do a recall search or a TSB (technical service bulletin) search.
lynnwp

Paton, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Ny 1994 chevy is having trouble with the gages. They keep going out of control, then back oncan anyone tell me the problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Forum right now

Search the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
2007 Sliverado Transmission Shifting issues (Jan '12) 9 hr edward-b 8
2003 Chevrolet Silverado - Reduced Engine Power (Nov '07) Apr 16 B Wright 434
HELP me figure out hitch weight??? Apr 6 Lui 1
2001 Chevy Silverado Transmission (Oct '07) Apr 5 Jus Joan 117
2008 Silverado Battery Goes Dead (Oct '09) Apr 3 My foreigner 109
ac problems on 1993 chevy c1500 (Jun '09) Mar 27 jp7feet 10
Backup Camera Install (May '07) Mar 21 Harrison 27
•••

Buy a New Car