DesignatedKnitte r

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2006

Also, now that cold weather is here, I've discovered that my car doesn't produce heat when idling. Once I'm driving along, it gets nice and warm, but if I stop at a traffic signal, the air gradually cools off. It did not do this last winter.
The car's temperature gage runs close to the middle - a little below.
DesignatedKnitte r

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

Turns out this issue was that I was losing coolant. The car is in the shop now for them to diagnose that.
same thing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2007

DesignatedKnitter wrote:
Turns out this issue was that I was losing coolant. The car is in the shop now for them to diagnose that.
Mine is doing the same thing now, what was ur diagnosis????
DesignatedKnitte r

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2007

It was the famous "Intake Manifold Gasket" issue which has been covered at length elsewhere in this forum. I needed the gasket plus a water pump, but fortuanately I did not need a new head gasket. The faster you get it fixed, the less damage it causes.

And for the record, I never had coolant on my garage floor or any sign that I was losing coolant until I didn't have heat. The pressurized the system to diagnose it.
Frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2007

DesignatedKnitter wrote:
Also, now that cold weather is here, I've discovered that my car doesn't produce heat when idling. Once I'm driving along, it gets nice and warm, but if I stop at a traffic signal, the air gradually cools off. It did not do this last winter.
The car's temperature gage runs close to the middle - a little below.
Sounds like a bad engine thermostat.
Scott

Wise, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2007

It sounds to me like you got robbed!! A simple heat issue with no coolant leaking at all is certainly NOT a bad intake gasket!! Plus you didn't have any engine overheating problems? I hate shops that take advantage of people! You really need to take this to another shop, an honest one if one still exhists. Get a statement and have the first shop explaining to the better business beauru why they came up with this diagnosis and charged you for work not needed!!
a mitchell

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2007

some body told me that i needed to have my system power flush , but now that i hear this i don't think this will work. I need some advice I just bought the thing the end of december and I have a feeling the dealership knew about this problem i think the sold me a lemon
a mitchell

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2007

Judged:

same thing wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine is doing the same thing now, what was ur diagnosis????
mine is doing the same thing and I just bought the car and i feel like the dealership knew about this problem i wonder will the charges be covered under my extended warranty.
ROY

Pasadena, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2007

Scott wrote:
It sounds to me like you got robbed!! A simple heat issue with no coolant leaking at all is certainly NOT a bad intake gasket!! Plus you didn't have any engine overheating problems? I hate shops that take advantage of people! You really need to take this to another shop, an honest one if one still exhists. Get a statement and have the first shop explaining to the better business beauru why they came up with this diagnosis and charged you for work not needed!!
DOOD THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THAT IS IF YOUR NOT AMECH OR HAVE ANY MECH ABILITY YOU SHOULDNT TELL PEOPLE THAT THATS WHY US PROFESSIONAL MECHANICS GET A BAD RAPP FROM YOU PEOPLE WHO DNT KNOW AND THAT TICKS ME OFF IM A VERY HONEST MECHANIC MY FATHER TAUGHT ME THAT WAY
Dianne

Pleasant Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2007

I have a 2003 Buick Rendezvous that feels like it runs out of gas when the tank has gas in it. It only seems to happen when the car runs for long periods of time or when its hot. Any clues
New_Rendezvous_o wner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2007

Hey guys!
I just bought a 2003 Rendezvous and noticed that everytime I ran A/C, the temperature guage goes over half of the mark. At times specially at the traffic lights, it goes to 3/4 of the 125 mark. Not sure what the issue is? Any suggestions? I don't have an extended warrranty however, I still have 2 weeks dealer warranty out of one month initially I got. Any help/suggestions would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
cplnomads2002

Two Rivers, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2008

Dianne wrote:
I have a 2003 Buick Rendezvous that feels like it runs out of gas when the tank has gas in it. It only seems to happen when the car runs for long periods of time or when its hot. Any clues
hi there I just got a letter from Buick saying that the fuel line mak crack and if you have or had the ploblem they will pay for it..customer center# 18006088080 8:00 to 11;00pm m-f
cplnomads2002

Two Rivers, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2008

hi there I just got a letter from Buick saying that the fuel line mak crack and if you have or had the ploblem they will pay for it..customer center# 18006088080 8:00 to 11;00pm m-f
Aziz

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

I have a buck rendezvous 03 and the heat isn't working for two days now. It was working fine before, but now it's just blowing a cold air. Any ideas?
envoy13

Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

my 03 was doing the same thing i replace the thermostat and i check the chamber inside of the car but nothing since to work, but then i check some videos and my conclusion was the heater core i got the engine flush and the heater core to and my mechanic put in CLR into the heater core for about 20 minutes an i have to tell you is working awesome.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Buick Rendezvous Discussions

Search the Buick Rendezvous Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 Buick Rendevouz - Loseing antifreeze but n... (Mar '06) Jul 28 nicole guiden 298
Buick Rendezvous 2002 - very strange problem... Jul 27 Bailey 3
rendezvous gas gauge (Jul '06) Jul 16 Kelly 126
2004 anti-lock and all wheel drive light (Nov '06) Jun '14 Alan w 53
Rendezvous problem with power outlet May '14 Bill 1
lighter fuse (Mar '10) May '14 Rob 2
AWD Disable and Rear End Issues (May '07) May '14 poppy 200
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••