Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

Who's say's Ford doesn't get tax payer money?

They may have not gotten "bail out" money, but they still get govt funding from time to time.

Ontario provincial govt is investing $81 mill in the Ford Essex Engine Plant in Windosr Ontario.....
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/windsor/story/2010/0...

Ford has been given millions more long before this here to upgrade some other plants as well.

Since: Jan 10

Cary NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

Naturally Wired wrote:
Who's say's Ford doesn't get tax payer money?
They may have not gotten "bail out" money, but they still get govt funding from time to time.
Ontario provincial govt is investing $81 mill in the Ford Essex Engine Plant in Windosr Ontario.....
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/windsor/story/2010/0...
Ford has been given millions more long before this here to upgrade some other plants as well.
As have other automakers (including Toyota)...but Ford remains the only one of the big 3 to not panhandle in DC with hats in hands. Why some may ask? Because Ford had the foresight to leverage their debt before the market completely tanked, putting them in a better position to recover without federal bailout oversight.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

91XLH wrote:
<quoted text>
As have other automakers (including Toyota)...but Ford remains the only one of the big 3 to not panhandle in DC with hats in hands. Why some may ask? Because Ford had the foresight to leverage their debt before the market completely tanked, putting them in a better position to recover without federal bailout oversight.
Yes, but the Canadian federal govt and the Ontario provincial govt have already given Ford lots of money(in the millions) in the recent past to upgrade certain plants here etc..

I think it's Fords way of saying to the govt and people of Canada...'invest in us or the plants will shut down and move".
Consumers Choice

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

Ford has borrowed billions from private lenders, which is why it is debt-laden.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••