“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#4007 Jul 13, 2012
Americans Will Work More than 6 Months to Pay Cost of Gov't in 2012.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/americans-wil...

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#4008 Jul 13, 2012
Obama: My Biggest Mistake Was Not 'Telling a Story'.

President Obama believes that millions of Americans have lost their homes, their jobs and their livelihood because he failed to tell a good story. Being president is not about telling stories. Being president is about leading, and President Obama has failed to lead.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4009 Jul 13, 2012
General Robert E Lee wrote:
Obama: My Biggest Mistake Was Not 'Telling a Story'.
President Obama believes that millions of Americans have lost their homes, their jobs and their livelihood because he failed to tell a good story. Being president is not about telling stories. Being president is about leading, and President Obama has failed to lead.
+1 well stated.
Ricko

New York, NY

#4010 Jul 13, 2012
wassup wrote:
President Obama saved the country from another great depression , he giving everybody free insurance,he enforces the constitution even for terrorist ,he gives to the poor,he protects immigrats from the racist,he extended unemployement,he making jobs,he ,s ending the war,President Obama is the best president in American history.
Obamas stimulus failed. He's not giving anyone free health insurance he's raising taxes so that everyone can have coverage. Terrorist do not deserve our constitutional rights. Immigrants from racist? That's just retarded, he's reforming immigration to get votes... Otherwise he would have made these changes as soon as he became president. He's the first president to have negative job numbers. The economy is failing and welfare has quadrupled. He's top 10 worst presidents the us has seen.
Ricko

New York, NY

#4011 Jul 13, 2012
Wassup, you are an idiot. You should atleast know what Obama is and isn't doing.
RWC

Irving, TX

#4012 Jul 13, 2012
Obama Guts Welfare Reform.

1) The underlying concept of welfare reform was that able-bodied adults should be required to work or prepare for work as a condition of receiving welfare aid.

2) In the four years after welfare reform in 1996, the caseload dropped by nearly half. Employment surged and child poverty among affected groups plummeted.

3) Today the Obama Administration issued a new directive stating that the traditional TANF work requirements can be waived or overridden.

4) In the past, state bureaucrats have attempted to define activities such as hula dancing, attending Weight Watchers, and bed rest as “work.” These dodges were blocked by the federal work standards.

5) Now that the Obama Administration has abolished those standards, we can expect “work” in the TANF program to mean anything but work.

The new welfare dictate issued by the Obama Administration clearly guts the law. The Administration tramples on the actual legislation passed by Congress and seeks to impose its own policy choices—a pattern that has become all too common in this Administration.
RWC

Irving, TX

#4013 Jul 13, 2012
What Spending Cuts?

Earlier this week, the CBO published a report on the budget deficit for the first 9 months of Fiscal Year 2012 (October 2011-June 2012). The headline figure of the report shows that the 9-month deficit stands at $905 billion, down from $971 billion this time last year. But here’s the kicker: the entirety of that $66 billion “shrinkage” in the deficit came from the $90 billion increase in revenues.

After revenues are factored in, spending actually increased by $24 billion relative to the same period in FY 2011.

Despite the increase in revenues, we have added almost $1.6 trillion to the debt since the passage of the Budget [Out of] Control Act almost a year ago. The debt now stands at $15.88 trillion.
RWC

Irving, TX

#4014 Jul 13, 2012
Millions Will Lose Their Current Insurance. Period. End of Story: President Obama wants Americans to believe they can keep their insurance if they like, but research from the government, private research firms, and think tanks show this is not the case. The economic incentives plus a government-run health plan as proposed in the House bill (H.R. 3200), would cause 88.1 million people to see their current employer-sponsored health plan disappear.

Individual Mandate Means Less Liberty and More Taxes: Although he once opposed the idea, President Obama is now open to the imposition of an individual mandate that would require all Americans to have federally approved health insurance. This unprecedented federal directive not only takes away your individual freedom but could cost you as well. Lawmakers are considering a penalty or tax for those who don't buy government-approved health plans.

Your Health Care Coverage Will Probably Change Anyway: Even if you kept your private insurance, eventually most remaining plans--whether employer plans or individual plans--would have to conform to new federal benefit standards. Moreover, the necessary plan "upgrades" will undoubtedly cost you more in premiums.

The Umpire Is Also the First Baseman: The main argument for a "public option" is that it would increase competition. However, if the federal government creates a health care plan that it controls and also sets the rules for the private plans, there is little doubt that Washington would put its private sector "competitors" out of business sooner or later.

The Fed Picks Your Treatment: President Obama said: "They're going to have to give up paying for things that don't make them healthier...If there's a blue pill and a red pill, and the blue pill is half the price of the red pill and works just as well, why not pay half for the thing that's going to make you well." Does that sound like a government that will stay out of your health care decisions?

Higher Taxes Than Europe Hurt Small Businesses: A proposed surtax on the wealthy, included in the House Bill (H.R. 3200), will actually hit hundreds of thousands of small business ownerswho are dealing with a recession. If it is enacted, America's top earners and job creators will carry a larger overall tax burden than France, Italy, Germany, Japan, etc., with a total average tax rate greater than 52%. Is that the right recipe for jobs and wage growth?

Who Makes Medical Decisions? What is the right medical treatment and should bureaucrats determine what Americans can or cannot have? While the House and Senate language is vague, amendments offered in House and Senate committees to block government rationing of care were routinely defeated. Cost or a federal health board could be the deciding factors. President Obama himself admitted this when he said, "Maybe you're better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller," when asked about an elderly woman who needed a pacemaker.

Taxpayer-Funded Abortions?Nineteen Democrats recently asked the President to not sign any bill that doesn't explicitly exclude "abortion from the scope of any government-defined or subsidized health insurance plan" or any bill that allows a federal health board to "recommend abortion services be included under covered benefits or as part of a benefits package." Currently, these provisions do not exist.

It's Not Paid For: The CBO says the current House plan would increase the deficit by $239 billion over 10 years. And that number will likely continue to rise over the long term. Similar entitlement bills in the past, including Medicare, have scored much lower than their actual eventual cost. A new study released by the Peterson Foundation estimates the House bill would add $1 trillion to the deficit in the second decade.
Rushing It, Not Reading It: We've been down this road before--with the failed stimulus package.
RWC

Irving, TX

#4015 Jul 13, 2012
Obamacare deciphered:

Millions Will Lose Their Current Insurance. Period. End of Story: President Obama wants Americans to believe they can keep their insurance if they like, but research from the government, private research firms, and think tanks show this is not the case. The economic incentives plus a government-run health plan as proposed in the House bill (H.R. 3200), would cause 88.1 million people to see their current employer-sponsored health plan disappear.

Individual Mandate Means Less Liberty and More Taxes: Although he once opposed the idea, President Obama is now open to the imposition of an individual mandate that would require all Americans to have federally approved health insurance. This unprecedented federal directive not only takes away your individual freedom but could cost you as well. Lawmakers are considering a penalty or tax for those who don't buy government-approved health plans.

Your Health Care Coverage Will Probably Change Anyway: Even if you kept your private insurance, eventually most remaining plans--whether employer plans or individual plans--would have to conform to new federal benefit standards. Moreover, the necessary plan "upgrades" will undoubtedly cost you more in premiums.

The Umpire Is Also the First Baseman: The main argument for a "public option" is that it would increase competition. However, if the federal government creates a health care plan that it controls and also sets the rules for the private plans, there is little doubt that Washington would put its private sector "competitors" out of business sooner or later.

The Fed Picks Your Treatment: President Obama said: "They're going to have to give up paying for things that don't make them healthier...If there's a blue pill and a red pill, and the blue pill is half the price of the red pill and works just as well, why not pay half for the thing that's going to make you well." Does that sound like a government that will stay out of your health care decisions?
RWC

Irving, TX

#4016 Jul 13, 2012
More - Obamacare deciphered:

Higher Taxes Than Europe Hurt Small Businesses: A proposed surtax on the wealthy, included in the House Bill (H.R. 3200), will actually hit hundreds of thousands of small business ownerswho are dealing with a recession. If it is enacted, America's top earners and job creators will carry a larger overall tax burden than France, Italy, Germany, Japan, etc., with a total average tax rate greater than 52%. Is that the right recipe for jobs and wage growth?

Who Makes Medical Decisions? What is the right medical treatment and should bureaucrats determine what Americans can or cannot have? While the House and Senate language is vague, amendments offered in House and Senate committees to block government rationing of care were routinely defeated. Cost or a federal health board could be the deciding factors. President Obama himself admitted this when he said, "Maybe you're better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller," when asked about an elderly woman who needed a pacemaker.

Taxpayer-Funded Abortions?Nineteen Democrats recently asked the President to not sign any bill that doesn't explicitly exclude "abortion from the scope of any government-defined or subsidized health insurance plan" or any bill that allows a federal health board to "recommend abortion services be included under covered benefits or as part of a benefits package." Currently, these provisions do not exist.

It's Not Paid For: The CBO says the current House plan would increase the deficit by $239 billion over 10 years. And that number will likely continue to rise over the long term. Similar entitlement bills in the past, including Medicare, have scored much lower than their actual eventual cost. A new study released by the Peterson Foundation estimates the House bill would add $1 trillion to the deficit in the second decade.

Rushing It, Not Reading It: We've been down this road before--with the failed stimulus package. Back then, we also heard that we were in a crisis and that we needed to pass a 1,000-plus-page bill in a few hours--without reading it--or we would have 8% unemployment. Well, we know what happened. One Congressman even said it's pointless to read the reform bills without two days and two lawyers to make sense of it. Deception is the only reason to rush through a bill nobody truly understands.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#4017 Jul 14, 2012
Too Damn funny!

Lawmakers were livid to discover that the United States’ Olympic team uniforms were made in China. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) even suggested “they should take all the uniforms, put them in a big pile and burn them and start all over again.”

The company who designed the uniforms, Ralph Lauren, has received less scrutiny. Few outlets have noted that Ralph Lauren himself is a prominent contributor to President Obama and the Democratic Party.

Advice to the liberals, stop the "outsourcing" campaign strategy, it is backfiring. Why not focus on the results of your policies?

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#4018 Jul 14, 2012
Did you know:

There are 47 new IRS tax provisions within Obamacare?

An estimated $385 billion dollars goes uncollected by the IRS every year?

The IRS has asked for $13.1 billion dollars through 2013 to implement Obamacare?

The current IRS tax code is that is four times longer than "War and Peace"?
ussurf

York, PA

#4019 Jul 14, 2012
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
The internet has created an artificial galaxy of mind. I'd call it the "Ilky Way" but I doubt it is a neat, ordered disk-shaped configuration tossed about by the whims of nature. It is not a place where logic prevails. Instead opinions and ridicule determine the success of concepts.
Grobbbbbbb
The Internet is a complex intertwined series of interconnections that make it possible for mass communications on an international level.These networks allow for freedom of speech and higher learning, to name a few positive qualities of this marvelous creation.I applaud anyone who has the tenacity to express their opinions in an open forum, and I thank God everyday day for our modern day PC and the ability to engage in the Internet.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#4020 Jul 14, 2012
Yet another reason Obama is a good President...

Romney declares "I aint' givin' up no more tax returns!"

http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-ta...

There must be something in those returns Romney doesn't want the voters to see.

The same kooks who demanded and dug for every minute piece of information imagineable on President Obama are now silent on Romney's refusal to release his tax returns. Every other Presidential candidate - including Obama - did so.

Can we all join in the spelling of...

"h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y"?

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#4021 Jul 14, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
The same kooks who demanded and dug for every minute piece of information imagineable on President Obama are now silent on Romney's refusal to release his tax returns. Every other Presidential candidate - including Obama - did so.
"h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y"?
Romney has disclosed everything that he is required to. It is the liberal media that did not, and is not, doing it's due diligence on Obama. There are far more "issues" with Obama, than Romney, inclusive of a failing record.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#4022 Jul 14, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
"h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y"?
Also, there is no reason for Romney's team to take the bait on such attacks. Just like most attacks on Obama, they are news today, and have no bearing on tomorrow.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4023 Jul 14, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
"h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y"?
LMAO again.

What does something Romney will or won't do have to do with BO being a good President (NOT)?

I really look forward to reading your ignorant, uneducated posts, particularly about taxes. You really crack me up.

Bless you little heart...
why obama why

Bayside, NY

#4024 Jul 14, 2012
wassup wrote:
President Obama saved the country from another great depression , he giving everybody free insurance,he enforces the constitution even for terrorist ,he gives to the poor,he protects immigrats from the racist,he extended unemployement,he making jobs,he ,s ending the war,President Obama is the best president in American history.
He has screwed us all to much. He's spending the money of the next generation and the next on useless things. He's also trying to force people to pay health insurance! You can't do that!
why obama why

Bayside, NY

#4025 Jul 14, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
"h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y"?

Romney has every right not to let his tax info out to the public. Even though this is off topic i thought i would let the world know that there's nothing wrong with that.
Jbea

Casper, WY

#4026 Jul 14, 2012
What the Heck wrote:
Wassup I think you lost your mind. He has done more harm for the citizens of this country and he himself has questionable ethics when it comes to his own birth records. I wouldn't trust him another four years if my life depended on him and Thank God it don't.
I think the first reply was a little uneducated, However I do not believe he was the best president in history. Clinton was a model for all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 min tcaud 19,486
In welcoming immigrants, congregations see future 6 hr Curmudgeon 16
Why GOP won: Shifting white votes hurt Democrats 10 hr spud 378
iron order mc, what a joke (May '13) 15 hr The Waco Kid 11
Rebecca Chase Williams Wed Crazy train 2
Obama and the muslim brotherhood Tue OMTE 7
You are invited to visit the home of the KKK by... (Jun '12) Tue American_4life 20

Atlanta News Video

Atlanta Dating
Find my Match

Atlanta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Atlanta News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Atlanta

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:04 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:04PM