Fire David Letterman

Full story: Salon.com

Inside the Ed Sullivan Theater on Tuesday afternoon, Letterman had a little fun with the protest in his honor.
Comments
1 - 20 of 240 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2012
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Judged:

Those protestors are bunch of flaming losers. Palin does not know how to take a joke.

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Since: Oct 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Yeah, right. Fire Letterman because he ruffled the feathers of Palin. Give me a f'ing break. If she wants the national media exposure, she needs to develop a thicker skin. They don't play... Oh, and if she wants her kids kept out of the media, she needs to quit exploiting them herself.

She's just a political-ladder climbing wh-re like all the rest! Poor Sarah, my heart bleeds for you,....dumbass!!!!
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

I don't think it is about Palin. I think it is about a 62 year old man who thinks a latino man raping a 14 year old is funny. It is about demeaning women. You liberal facists are blinded by your hate and fear of Governor Sarah Palin. She is a great American.

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

If Sarah Palin is your idea of a female leader of this country, you need to head back to your kitchens--pregnant and barefoot. That's her goal for you. Baah-baaah! She's all about Sarah Palin and nothing about women in general.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Bout time wrote:
If Sarah Palin is your idea of a female leader of this country, you need to head back to your kitchens--pregnant and barefoot. That's her goal for you. Baah-baaah! She's all about Sarah Palin and nothing about women in general.
So a Governor of a State want women barefoot and pregnant? Please explain your delusional theory so we all may laugh at your vile hatred for a great American woman.

“I Might Know!”

Since: Dec 08

Seattle,WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Palin is just looking for another excuse to bitch about people who don't live in Alaska. All I have to say is Palin can suck it.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Star_Girl wrote:
Palin is just looking for another excuse to bitch about people who don't live in Alaska. All I have to say is Palin can suck it.
Actually, Palin was in New York to help raise money to fight Autism. Americans love her. Letterman took a cheap shot which offended Flight Attendants, Latino Men, All Women, and most men who have daughters. Please do not buy Kellog products or visit the Olive Garden until Letterman is fired. Thank you!

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
So a Governor of a State want women barefoot and pregnant? Please explain your delusional theory so we all may laugh at your vile hatred for a great American woman.
"Great," LOLOLOL, yeah, right...I don't hate her. I just think her idea of women's role in the world is medieval--except for herself.
RUSH IS RIGHT

Manila, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

discocrisco wrote:
Those protestors are bunch of flaming losers. Palin does not know how to take a joke.
And you look just the part for a long haired, dope infested, sniveling young Neo-Marxist.

“I Might Know!”

Seattle,WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Palin was in New York to help raise money to fight Autism. Americans love her. Letterman took a cheap shot which offended Flight Attendants, Latino Men, All Women, and most men who have daughters. Please do not buy Kellog products or visit the Olive Garden until Letterman is fired. Thank you!
Now, how did this affect latino women? As far as I know, not all americans love her.

“I Might Know!”

Seattle,WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

RUSH IS RIGHT wrote:
<quoted text>
And you look just the part for a long haired, dope infested, sniveling young Neo-Marxist.
Haha do you know what Neo-Marxist even is? Yeah a joke buddy, take a joke. But then again Rush and his teachings aren't very wise.

“Tullahoma--my new home”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

FYI, Curtis Lowe is well-known as a a white male chauvinist pig on the message boards. Probably suffers from little man/little tool syndrome. Sit back and see the flames and you'll see what I mean.
just lookin

Goshen, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Curtis Lowe wrote:
I don't think it is about Palin. I think it is about a 62 year old man who thinks a latino man raping a 14 year old is funny. It is about demeaning women. You liberal facists are blinded by your hate and fear of Governor Sarah Palin. She is a great American.
he was joking and it wasnt about the 14 yr old it was a joke about the 18 yr old daughter wich palin failed to say she had. also you are right that was a bad joke but dont the producers have writers that write these? but yes it was just a joke. but to fire him? what about people like radio jockeys who do even worse. or hate mongols, etc... david letterman isnt a pervert. he cant see past his teeth to be that hahah
just lookin

Goshen, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

RUSH IS RIGHT wrote:
<quoted text>
rush l.? he is a complete moron. ship him to n korea hes lude and stupid. whats wrong with long hair?
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

just lookin wrote:
<quoted text>he was joking and it wasnt about the 14 yr old it was a joke about the 18 yr old daughter wich palin failed to say she had. also you are right that was a bad joke but dont the producers have writers that write these? but yes it was just a joke. but to fire him? what about people like radio jockeys who do even worse. or hate mongols, etc... david letterman isnt a pervert. he cant see past his teeth to be that hahah
The 14 year old was at the game. He was joking about her. Time for a polygraph?
RUSH IS RIGHT

Manila, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

just lookin wrote:
<quoted text>he was joking and it wasnt about the 14 yr old it was a joke about the 18 yr old daughter wich palin failed to say she had. also you are right that was a bad joke but dont the producers have writers that write these? but yes it was just a joke. but to fire him? what about people like radio jockeys who do even worse. or hate mongols, etc... david letterman isnt a pervert. he cant see past his teeth to be that hahah
The only girl at the game was the 14 yr old, Willow. She would be the only one that A-rod could knock up.. Good try but you failed.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Star_Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, how did this affect latino women? As far as I know, not all americans love her.
I didn't say Latino women. I said all women. And A-Rod is a latino man. Do all latino men rape 14 year old girls? Letterman seems to think so.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Bout time wrote:
<quoted text>
"Great," LOLOLOL, yeah, right...I don't hate her. I just think her idea of women's role in the world is medieval--except for herself.
I never heard Governor Palin say anything about a woman's role? You are just making shit up because you fear her.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Bout time wrote:
FYI, Curtis Lowe is well-known as a a white male chauvinist pig on the message boards. Probably suffers from little man/little tool syndrome. Sit back and see the flames and you'll see what I mean.
Guilty as charged.

“I Might Know!”

Seattle,WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say Latino women. I said all women. And A-Rod is a latino man. Do all latino men rape 14 year old girls? Letterman seems to think so.
I think people took everything out of context. I am sure he didn't mean to insult a 14 year old girl.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Theater Discussions

Search the Theater Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
a The Threepenny Operaa a fitting beggara s ope... 8 min James 1
Teen Who Wore Tux Welcomed at NCLR Gala 18 hr Belle Sexton 7
Monday Night Murder Mystery: Cursed in the Act:... Mon Jumper The wise 1
NGO founder visits Badgett Playhouse Mon Amy 3
Calendar Jul 26 Mark not of the Beast 1
Hub Network Announces 'Super Summer Saturday Gi... Jul 26 jade 1
Theater district needs police presence (Jul '10) Jul 25 the city I hate 32
•••
•••