Libya says building case against Gaddafi son: ICC prosecutor

Apr 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Comments
1 - 20 of 71 Comments Last updated May 2, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Panafrican

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 22, 2012
 
Meaning << NTC building case in haste against Gaddafi son !>> .
These jihadists thugs don't know what the rule of law in a civilized society means.

Since: Jul 11

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 22, 2012
 
Panafrican wrote:
Meaning << NTC building case in haste against Gaddafi son !>> .
These jihadists thugs don't know what the rule of law in a civilized society means.
What do you mean "in haste". They've had the guy in custody now for well over three months. How long do you think the should still wait until the start their case then? Maybe until he dies of old age?
Panafrican

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 22, 2012
 
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean "in haste". They've had the guy in custody now for well over three months. How long do you think the should still wait until the start their case then? Maybe until he dies of old age?
139 days to be charged over camels!!!! that right, you call this a judicial system !!!
Reading from The Independent.ie April 6,2012
<< the son of Gaddafi has only been charged with trivial matters, such as failure to licence his camels, human rights campaigners have claimed.

International Criminal Court (ICC) officials warned that Saif al-Islam Gaddafi was in a "legal black hole" having been held by Libyan militias in informal detention facilities for 139 days.>>
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/africa/g...
kiwi

Frenstat, Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 22, 2012
 
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
139 days to be charged over camels!!!! that right, you call this a judicial system !!!
Reading from The Independent.ie April 6,2012
<< the son of Gaddafi has only been charged with trivial matters, such as failure to licence his camels, human rights campaigners have claimed.
International Criminal Court (ICC) officials warned that Saif al-Islam Gaddafi was in a "legal black hole" having been held by Libyan militias in informal detention facilities for 139 days.>>
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/africa/g...
For all that time Saif was nothing more(or less) than a pricey argument during negotiations between Zintan brigades and so-called NTC officals. Showing the former controlling the situation and the latter as toothless. What would interests me is what was a price to pay for Saif handover and/or is it true a resistance would be able to free Saif from NTC hands? This was the biggest argument of Zintan for all the time having him in custody.
Mohamed Abdusallam

Geneve, Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 22, 2012
 
Some people from " prodemocratic" side denay crimes by rebels because they dont caunt black people as Libian.
Panafrican

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 22, 2012
 
Mohamed Abdusallam wrote:
Some people from " prodemocratic" side denay crimes by rebels because they dont caunt black people as Libian.
They are the same people who denied slavery ruined Africa. They are just thugs !
God Bless Muammar.
Observer

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 22, 2012
 
Mohamed Abdusallam wrote:
Some people from " prodemocratic" side denay crimes by rebels because they dont caunt black people as Libian.
you are so hateful that you can't even make a credible sensible testimony
Observer

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 22, 2012
 
kiwi wrote:
<quoted text>
For all that time Saif was nothing more(or less) than a pricey argument during negotiations between Zintan brigades and so-called NTC officals. Showing the former controlling the situation and the latter as toothless. What would interests me is what was a price to pay for Saif handover and/or is it true a resistance would be able to free Saif from NTC hands? This was the biggest argument of Zintan for all the time having him in custody.
I ilke your "so-called NTC officals", it does tell something about the poster, doesn't it? It nullifies his/her objectivity, I think.
Observer

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 22, 2012
 
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>They are the same people who denied slavery ruined Africa. They are just thugs !
God Bless Muammar.
Blessing does not go with brutality, tyranny and criminality dude.

Since: Jul 11

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 22, 2012
 
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
139 days to be charged over camels!!!! that right, you call this a judicial system !!!
Reading from The Independent.ie April 6,2012
<< the son of Gaddafi has only been charged with trivial matters, such as failure to licence his camels, human rights campaigners have claimed.
Common practice in most countries by public prosecutors. It gives them time to prepare the more serious and usually more complex charges. Do you know that Al Capone was convicted and imprisoned on charges of simple tax evasion although he had committed far graver crimes such as homicide?
International Criminal Court (ICC) officials warned that Saif al-Islam Gaddafi was in a "legal black hole" having been held by Libyan militias in informal detention facilities for 139 days.>>
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/africa/g...
And whatís your point? First you go on about charges against Saif being hastened now itís too slow. Make your mind up, will you.

Since: Jul 11

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 22, 2012
 
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>They are the same people who denied slavery ruined Africa. They are just thugs !
God Bless Muammar.
Slavery ruined Africa?? Loool! Whoever said that? It's a well known fact that black slavery was the prime industry of black Africans well over 400 hundred years before Europeans even appeared on the continent. If anybody ruined Africa through slavery it was black Africans themselves. The world owes nothing to black Africans or their continent so get a life will you.
Fed Up

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 22, 2012
 
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery ruined Africa?? Loool! Whoever said that? It's a well known fact that black slavery was the prime industry of black Africans well over 400 hundred years before Europeans even appeared on the continent. If anybody ruined Africa through slavery it was black Africans themselves. The world owes nothing to black Africans or their continent so get a life will you.
Same old rethoric from criminals. Yeah, we all know that
Black africans brought chains and boats to Africa and started the triangluar trade ( Europe -Africa- America-Europe ).
Now people can believe you when you say your folks couldn't help
the irish during the patatoe famine due to transportation problems.
kiwi

Frenstat, Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 22, 2012
 
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I ilke your "so-called NTC officals", it does tell something about the poster, doesn't it? It nullifies his/her objectivity, I think.
The so called NTC is the nicest name I can give to those criminals. If I accepted your theory about a popular uprising or even a revolution for democracy, Jalil&comp. are those who would have stolen it. Ignorant collaborators of Sarkosy, responsible for the bloody way Libya went last year. Have you thought about where these todays problematic militias came from? They did not fall from somewhere in Mars didnīt they? For a whole year of a revolt, hundreds of armed groups could join the like-to-be NTC forces, later even the NLA. Why did they stay separately? Because they did not believe Jalil&Jibril, especially after Yunis assassination, because thy knew NTC did not represent anybody.
Just fresh, well almost fresh from Benghazi: "Participation in the Benghazi voter registration process have been marked by apathy. Many of the Benghazi activists were displeased with the NTCís rejection of candidates that Misrata Local Council elected to replace the self-appointed NTC members remaining from the war. Why bother with elections if they are not going to have any impact?Ē
The NTC reduced boundaries of Benghazi to the towns of Sidi Khalifa, Benina and Terria. Not only that people in the towns were angry that they had been eliminated from the local election, but the amount of money allocated to the city will be reduced as well.
Gosh those guys know how to make friends.
Observer

Tripoli, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 23, 2012
 
Fresh from Benghazi:

Libya future / Agencies: Counsel confirmed "Solomon Alzoubi" the President of the Supreme Committee supervising the elections of the local council of the city of Benghazi, the number who have applied for candidacy to run for election to the Council amounted to (455) people, including (22) woman. Counsel indicated that the Committee will be announced during the next two days, probably on the preliminary list of candidates to the public to give their comments on it as soon as supplemented by specialized committees reviewed the applicants' files, and to ascertain compliance of the documents and papers required, and was advisor satisfaction of Statistics preliminary inventory of the voters in Benghazi, which were estimated to now two hundred thousand citizens.
He said (if this number is good compared to international standards generally accepted in the proportions of people's participation in elections), and Chancellor at the end of his statement, he hoped to succeed the city of Benghazi in providing a model for the elections to be compatible with the standards of integrity, transparency, and renewed his thanks and appreciation for the efforts of volunteers and activists, civil society organizations who are working around the hours and days to assist the Supreme Committee for the good preparation for elections, to show the proper manner that meets the aspirations and hopes of the people of the city.
Observer

Tripoli, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 23, 2012
 
Fresh from Tripoli:
Date: 22/04/2012
The first session open to the transmitted through the air, the Transitional National Assembly: Turn off the salaries of his work did not join the army and police
National Transition Council held this morning in Tripoli its regular meeting in open session to discuss a range of topics on the agenda of its work on local issues ... Council has commenced for the first time on the air in the discussion of items included in its agenda, which include discussion of the security situation, military, and the report of the Audit Committee of the Council ... The table, which will be discussed during this meeting, introduced the note by the Committee in charge of the study terms of reference of the Executive Council and the report of the Interim National Health Committee of the Council on the injured body part to review the report on the visit of President of the Council Adviser Mustafa Abdul Jalil to Algeria during the last few days ... The Council will discuss during this meeting, the transitional government's performance ..

The Chairman of the Transitional National Assembly adviser Mustafa Abdul Jalil that the Council form a committee to follow up the situation in Kufra and Sebha in the Bani Walid in the western region ... He pointed out that he was assigned to Mr. "Khaled Sayeh" Member of the National Assembly and with him Mr. "Embarek Alaftmana" and a representative of the Chiefs of Staff to travel to the city of Kufra this morning to meet with a delegation from the tribe of Azwaip and a delegation from Tabu to stand more closely on the events there and access to real information of fact ... Turning Chancellor Abdul Jalil on the principle of separation of powers in the state, explaining that the Transitional National Assembly is not the authority of a presidential rather it is a legislative authority only, and said, We are currently legislative authority do not give ourselves what we deserve, we are not head of state we only legislative authority ... He cautioned that the Committee on the crisis that had already been set up by the Council under the chairmanship of its President and the membership of some of its members and the prime minister and some ministers have their role is over the end of the problems of Kufra and Sebha and assigned tasks to other competent, therefore, it must give the devil his due ... He pointed out that the government and although many of the requirements proposed as a platform for their work but in return it has to fulfill their obligations and to achieve many accomplishments under very difficult circumstances experienced by the Council and the transitional government ... He pointed out that among those things that hindered the work of the government demonstrations, sit-ins which take place between now and then ...

As the face of the Transitional National Assembly in its meeting held this morning in Tripoli a letter to the transitional government to stop the salaries of employees of the army and the police who did not attend to their work until the present time.
Observer

Tripoli, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 23, 2012
 
Fresh from Casa Blanca:

For fear of being handed over to Libya: flight number of the Qaddafi regime officials from Morocco

Newspaper, the "evening" of Morocco unveiled a number of officials fled the Gaddafi regime of Morocco for fear of arrest ... The newspaper quoted on Saturday issued for Moroccan source as saying that the early departure of these former officials came after a surge in talking about them and asked Libyan authorities extradited Moroccan counterpart on the sidelines of the recent visit by the Moroccan Interior Minister "Amehnd element" of Tripoli ... The newspaper added that the source did not refer to the party that left to them, likely they have gone to countries that do not collect in Libya, the Convention on extradition and not subject to the influence of the international police "Interpol," noting that the elements of a tyrant who had fled to Morocco entered the forged passports... She explained that among those who entered Morocco, "Amar Latif" and "Imran Boukraa", "Abdul Hamid Sayeh," and "Ali Abdul Samad" ...
kiwi

Frenstat, Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 23, 2012
 
Observer wrote:
Fresh from Tripoli:
Date: 22/04/2012
The first session open to the transmitted through the air, the Transitional National Assembly: Turn off the salaries of his work did not join the army and police
National Transition Council held this morning in Tripoli its regular meeting in open session to discuss a range of topics on the agenda of its work on local issues ... Council has commenced for the first time on the air in the discussion of items included in its agenda, which include discussion of the security situation, military, and the report of the Audit Committee of the Council ... The table, which will be discussed during this meeting, introduced the note by the Committee in charge of the study terms of reference of the Executive Council and the report of the Interim National Health Committee of the Council on the injured body part to review the report on the visit of President of the Council Adviser Mustafa Abdul Jalil to Algeria during the last few days ... The Council will discuss during this meeting, the transitional government's performance ..
The Chairman of the Transitional National Assembly adviser Mustafa Abdul Jalil that the Council form a committee to follow up the situation in Kufra and Sebha in the Bani Walid in the western region ... He pointed out that he was assigned to Mr. "Khaled Sayeh" Member of the National Assembly and with him Mr. "Embarek Alaftmana" and a representative of the Chiefs of Staff to travel to the city of Kufra this morning to meet with a delegation from the tribe of Azwaip and a delegation from Tabu to stand more closely on the events there and access to real information of fact ... Turning Chancellor Abdul Jalil on the principle of separation of powers in the state, explaining that the Transitional National Assembly is not the authority of a presidential rather it is a legislative authority only, and said, We are currently legislative authority do not give ourselves what we deserve, we are not head of state we only legislative authority ... He cautioned that the Committee on the crisis that had already been set up by the Council under the chairmanship of its President and the membership of some of its members and the prime minister and some ministers have their role is over the end of the problems of Kufra and Sebha and assigned tasks to other competent, therefore, it must give the devil his due ... He pointed out that the government and although many of the requirements proposed as a platform for their work but in return it has to fulfill their obligations and to achieve many accomplishments under very difficult circumstances experienced by the Council and the transitional government ... He pointed out that among those things that hindered the work of the government demonstrations, sit-ins which take place between now and then ...
As the face of the Transitional National Assembly in its meeting held this morning in Tripoli a letter to the transitional government to stop the salaries of employees of the army and the police who did not attend to their work until the present time.
A lot of writing though. I felt like as if I were back in the eighties with all that communists meeting talks crap for a moment.
What about something shorter?
NTC member Fathi Baja (Benghazi representant on the Council)claimed that two thirds of the NTC had signed a memorandum demanding the Al-Kib government be dismissed for ďfailure to perform the tasks entrusted to it.Ē
Baja is a one of very few names I was able to track during last year revolt in contrary to the hidden names majority of The NTC or IG.

Since: Jul 11

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 23, 2012
 
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old rethoric from criminals. Yeah, we all know that
Black africans brought chains and boats to Africa and started the triangluar trade ( Europe -Africa- America-Europe ).
Itís the rhetoric of historic facts, pal. Slavery was already a wide spread crucial part of black African culture way before Europeans appeared on the scene. In some cases over a third of the black African population were enslaved to black African masters.

All the Europeans did was take advantage of an already developed black slave economy. Thatís no excuse of course but no more barbaric then what black Africans had already been doing to their brothers for hundreds of years. BTW it was thanks to the Europeans that the black slave trade was abolished all over Africa and to the Americas.
I have books on the subject but you can read up the most important details here as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_slave_trad...
Now people can believe you when you say your folks couldn't help
the irish during the patatoe famine due to transportation problems.
You are deep in denial, arenít you! You do know that at the time there were only horse drawn carriages and a rudimentary railway infrastructure to transport the masses of food, donít you? You also know that there was no such thing as refrigeration, donít you? Also you do know that there were hardly any highways to speak of to transport all that stuff, donít you? And any highways they had were in reality just badly maintained dirt tracks with potholes that turned into deep swamps when it rained, donít you? And you do know that potato crops had also failed in most of Europe because of the potato blight so that there were anyway hardly any reachable food reserves to speak of, donít you?

Get your facts right, dude, before you try impressing me with half baked BS.
Observer

Tripoli, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 23, 2012
 
kiwi wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of writing though. I felt like as if I were back in the eighties with all that communists meeting talks crap for a moment.
What about something shorter?
NTC member Fathi Baja (Benghazi representant on the Council)claimed that two thirds of the NTC had signed a memorandum demanding the Al-Kib government be dismissed for ďfailure to perform the tasks entrusted to it.Ē
Baja is a one of very few names I was able to track during last year revolt in contrary to the hidden names majority of The NTC or IG.
In short:
April,23rd, 2012
Observer

Tripoli, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 23, 2012
 
Fresh from the bakery:
News

Issa Abdul Majid Altbawi: ousted the former regime are behind the problems and sedition between the sons of Tabu tribe and other tribes in Kufra


Lighthouse
April 22, 2012

The Libyan news agency

Infidels, April 21, 2012 (Wall)- accused of a leaders Tabu "Isa Abdul Majid," ousted the former regime, Sedition and problems among the people of Tabu and other tribes in the city of infidels ... and warned, "Abdul Majid" in a telephone interview with the Libyan News Agency, the need to take precautions The caution of the ousted the former regime who seek to destabilize the security and stability of Libya, and cut the road in front of them to limit the broadcast intrigue and strife, and Tohmanm to try to go back through this area in case of loss of power in Libya ... and said, "there are a number of the symbols of the former regime are still engaged in their activities of suspicious as they were it during the rule of a tyrant, "... and called on both of the National Assembly and the Transitional Government to rapid and immediate intervention to infanticide and suppression of sedition that tried enemies Azcaha between the people of the city, and stop them, and adhere to the terms of the truce that was agreed upon and which culminated in the return of calm and security and stability of the cities of the South ... The" Isa Abdul Majid, "that the events that were renewed yesterday between Tabu and the tribe Azwaip resulted in the death of one person and injuring another Tabu ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Photography Discussions

Search the Photography Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Things To Do 8/14-8/20 Aug 14 Golly Gee 1
25 Reasons Why 303 Magazine Loves Colorado Aug 1 Petal Power 1
List of Photo Sharing Websites Aug 1 fotosonrisa 1
Cool River Gallery steps into nature (Jul '08) Jul 28 Steve 13
Art Star Legend Bruce Lurie Gallery Hosts Moira... Jul 20 Guest 1
Putting Taiwan into focus (Nov '13) Jul '14 TW_sugar_daddio 21
Flairsen Photography Tricks Jul '14 darksudip 1
•••
•••