|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Judged:

Regarding Lee Richards,

Found out from the original owners family that mine was purchased from a furniture store as an accessory. One of those buy now & pay interest for ever kind of stores. Leads me to believe it may have been mass produced for the North American market. Found nothing in any search engine this. Still like mine though.
John Tysick

Saint Catharines, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

I have a large painting from lee richards. I'm from Toronto,did antone find anr info on painter
caroline

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

I have the same or similar painting do u have a pic of yours so we can compare....email me carolinevalleyfieldhoa@gmail.c om
kayla wrote:
my family has the painting of the city thats in gold and orange and black dark colors. my dad told me to research the painter R.Styles becus he wants to kno if this painting could be worth money. but i showed him that most ppl dont kno who hes is so he is now uninterested. but this has happened to spark my interests and now i would really love to kno who this painter is. not to sell the painting, just becus now im curious. so please anyone with Any info just email me at kaylaLaAdorada@hotmail.com thank you and i really hope to get some info, any info would help. thanks
Linette

Delhi, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Shuron wrote:
I have a very large oil painting by artist Lee Richards (at the bottom left corner). Top right corner stamped "Avante Studios, Inc". A hand written number on the bottom right wood bracket "952". The picture is of a large Black Panther with a tree behind him that has raised silver tone paint as the tree bark. Any info on the Artist or value apprciated.
I also have a large painting from the same artist have you found any information on this painter ?
Christian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Just purchased a 37x37 framed sailing ship. Mostly black with white, yellow, and orange highlights. Signed R. Style in bottom right-hand corner. Found an artist, but wasn't the same one. Any information would be greatly appreciated.- christianbyrd@yahoo.com
dezzie

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2011

Rockman wrote:
I just bought a nice R. Styles painting that I was going to paint over. It's 37" x 37" and sounds very much like Wm West's in Valley Cottage, NY. Im in Orchard Park, NY. It's a very bright yellow with flowers in the forfront (pink, white and green) and a small pair of people holding hands walking towards the sunset and surf. I bought it for 5$ because it was on canvass and hand a nice frame. STill does any one know of this R. Styles????
Rockman
Hey I have just adopted that same painting from my grandmother. Was just wondering if you found anythin out. I am 27 and as long as i can remember she has had that painting

Since: Mar 11

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2011

Kamila wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I also have a beautiful approx 37x37 oil paiting signed R.Styles right hand corner. Represents the view of a city at night (I am not sure which one) from across the bay or river, it is black, gold and dark orange. Have you found any pieces of information about this artist? Would you like to exchange the photos of the paitings ?
I have this exect same painting on my living room. I paid $10 for it been trying to find out information about this artisit. can you help me.
susy_Brooklyn-ny

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

I have a beautiful oil painting of the twin towers, and brooklyn bridge painted by Lee Richards. Wanted to know the value. Does anyone have a clue? help lol
betty thompson

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

BRETT wrote:
HI I HAVE A LARGE OIL PAINTING OD MANY ABSTRACT SAILING VESSELS,SAILS DOWN AND BIRDS.THERES A TAG ON BACK NUMBERED 3913 SOLD BY AVANTE STUDIOS INC . SAN GABERIEL CA. PAINTING IS BEING OFFERED FOR 10,000.00 PLUS INSURED SHIPPING BRETTNWANDA@EARTHLINK.NET FOR INQUIRIES AND INFO THANK YOU
i have that same painting
betty thompson

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

I have that same painting
Kelsey

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

I have what sounds like the exact same painting! My parents found it along side the road near Tulsa Oklahoma in the late '70's. I have always loved it and am now really intrigued.
Kamila wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I also have a beautiful approx 37x37 oil paiting signed R.Styles right hand corner. Represents the view of a city at night (I am not sure which one) from across the bay or river, it is black, gold and dark orange. Have you found any pieces of information about this artist?
Eva

Lake Bluff, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

deville wrote:
<quoted text>
I also have a 37x37 of R. styles in the right corner it looks to be Manhattan from the statue of liberty in beautiful orange brown and yellow. I love this painting I've had mine for 10 years I got it at a thrift store in Texas
I have one too...I hope someone finds some information on R. Styles
Eva

Lake Bluff, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

I have a painting too of a 37x37 Black ship with gold and orange. Can't find anything on R. Styles. His signature in the right corner looks like R Stytes because when he crossed the first "t" it reaches across to the "l" so I always thougt it was Stytes, but I could not find anything on that name either. Hopes somebody finds something.
Josh Amey

Kingston, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

Does anyone here know who signs their oil paintings in the bottom left hand corner with "Richards"?
Josh Amey

Kingston, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

If anyone does can u please email me at jcamey@fullsail.edu....Thanks!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

Gail Schmidt

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Hello All,

I have a painting of the same nature, big yellow bold color, boats at a dock with some birds, by R Styles. Same as everyone else i got this in a random place for a few bucks. I work at an auction house and i had an art appraiser look into this for me as I've been vexed about this artist for years, and she told me that it is a figticious name and these paintings were probably done by students in the mid to late 70's and were most likely mass produced. this does not diminish the value as they are beautifully done but these are no diamonds in the rough. A bonus though, they were only made during this time frame by this specific group, so to me they are still very unique and i would suggest to all of us to keep them on our walls. I hope this helps some of you :)
S A Martin

Barnesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Thanks for the update, it rather adds to the mystique.
Gail Schmidt wrote:
Hello All,
I have a painting of the same nature, big yellow bold color, boats at a dock with some birds, by R Styles. Same as everyone else i got this in a random place for a few bucks. I work at an auction house and i had an art appraiser look into this for me as I've been vexed about this artist for years, and she told me that it is a figticious name and these paintings were probably done by students in the mid to late 70's and were most likely mass produced. this does not diminish the value as they are beautifully done but these are no diamonds in the rough. A bonus though, they were only made during this time frame by this specific group, so to me they are still very unique and i would suggest to all of us to keep them on our walls. I hope this helps some of you :)

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Lil Ticked wrote:
http://www.xanecomic.com/
lesen sie diese Scheisse
Pedro Guarderas

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

I have a large oil paint,Itis a pictura of city with a big moo colors black, brown on back #3611 it is signed R.STYLES I' ll like to sell Guardea3 @AOL.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Painting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New U.S. stamp features a little bit of Utica Tue No tech 4
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum: 2014 Septembe... Aug 19 isabelle riggs 2
Speed Painter, Robert Channing, Impresses Howar... Aug 3 Habanero Harv 3
Recent work by New York artist Walter Robinson ... Jul 30 goedkope uggs kopen 1
Cyclorama moving to Atlanta History Center Jul '14 General Robert E Lee 8
24 Live Another Day: 5 things we want to see in... Jul '14 Karen 1
Using Beauty to Examine Ugly Political Truths Jul '14 bablu 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••