Gnome Panic

Mar 11, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox News

“This is no joke. We are still afraid to go out - just like everyone else in the neighborhood now.”

Video captures little person dressed as a 'creepy gnome' in Argentina. A town in South America is living in fear after several sightings of a 'creepy gnome' that locals claim stalks the streets at night, The ... via Fox News

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
George Goss

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Judged:

I saw the video and it looks real. It must be a deformed midget or something. Call me crazy but if I was a deformed midget I would not wear a pointy hat to further exaggerate my midgetness.

This is why I need to become a millionare. I would fly so fast to that town and find it. Man it would be fun.
Steven Holt

Liverpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

Did the South Americans not claim they had a goat sucker a few years back, I think they called it cupacabra or something similar, and now they have a creepy gnome figure? Intresting!
Rise of the Gnome

Hungary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

The goat sucker is called the chupacabra. What if people would simply just go to this midget, and say hello. Maybe he's a nice guy...
LytMyFire

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Real or not real? Well real as far as dressing up as a garden gnome. Not real if you're THAT bored to walk the streets at night scaring the hell out of everyone. What's with the sideways walk? Surely this creature is not fast, capture him...see what's up.
Pak31

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Exactly Sunnie, capturing it should be easy. I always love these stories because part of me wants to think it's real I guess. But seriously, it's probably a prank. I would like to know what happended right after filming stopped. Did they all run or did they continue to watch it? It seems like if they know this thing is out there then they should have someone wait for it and capture it in a net. It doesn't look like it can run fast. That would put an end to it real quick.
noobcybot

Hull, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

I was instantly reminded of that South Park episod "imaginationland" where Eric sets out to capture a leprechaun, we are living in interesting times as a lot of strange things seem to be happening in the world.
However it did also remind me of a video in South America where some kids are playing and then a grey alien trieds to grab them, these two videos have a very simular feel and the circumstances are very much alike.
I will say though that I was very creeped out when I saw whatever it is do a sideways walk.
LytMyFire

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

I watched this video again with several family members. It was almost like it was waiting to be filmed. However what convinces me otherwise is the way these young men scream.*lol* Who knows. Maybe there are things that are out there that we just don't know about. Or maybe, someone who decided to don a dunce cap and walk sideways for therapeutic purposes. Either way, c'mon hispanic race (me being one). Capture this "Gnome" and ask it "Que Tal"?
Gnome lover

Aledo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Ok, I think I figured out the sidways walk; did you see how low his pants crotch was? I think I'd walk sideways too or I'd fall over. I'm betting this is some kind of publicity stunt; however, I'm not sure who would be willing to risk getting shot at or caught in a net. Maybe they're getting paid really well...I will say that this video gave me a well-needed laugh!
Sunnie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Ok, I must be really bored or intrigued with this topic. You are right Gnome lover...walking that way, one would assume that one would fall over, since us humans are used to walking front or backwards. Anyway, maybe this person was/is hired to freak out the people of Argentina.
Gnome lover

Aledo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Yep, Sunnie, like you, I am intrigued. You know, a few of our larger cities have passed the "no sag" pants law. Maybe this is the result of such law; they have to sneak around under cover of darkness now wearing funky disguises!
pendeje

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

haha yes capture the gnome. you realise how stupid that sounds?
Ashley

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Will we ever hear the rest of this story? I wanna know who/what this is. Seriously! I seem to always find an interesting story, but they never do a follow up!
Pilar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I wish the other people in Argentina who say they saw the gnome too would film it. This video really freaked me out. For real. Some one should catch it. I want to meet this guy or watch him one day on Good Morning America. And does anyone have the link for the grey alien trying to capture the children? I wanna see that.
dil

Walkertown, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

arnt gnomes soppose to be nice idk...
tho cupacabras are real tho!
Rise of the Gnome

Budapest, Hungary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

It seems that dwarf people tend to wear pointy hats, that makes them look taller. Sideway walk can be caused by some kind of deformity. Add a camera and you have a gnome story - anyway, I am curious about the follow-up, this story has a potential, c'mon!
THE OUTER LIMITS

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I think it's the traveling gnome from travelocity. Hes just checking out Argentina, lol. It does look real though the body movement in very lifelike, but with all the hoax's out there it's hard to really believe. I personally believe there are things out their that we don't know about though.
Kevin

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

IMAGINATION! GNOMES! PANCAKES! YAY!
Callejas

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

So my husband is from Mexico and his sister's are married to men from Peru and Honduras. They ALWAYS talk about gnomes, chupacabras, people that turn into animals, and the devil being infact very real and they get angry when I dismiss their beliefs. They all come from different parts of the Latin American countries, but they all beleive in these things and know people who have seen them. My oldest brother in law told me when he was 10, he was on their farm in Mexico all by himself and a gnome approached him out of nowhere and he never ever went back to the farm because he was so afraid and everyone believes him.
My husband and his siblings often dispute the whole chupacabra, but their in-laws and extended families do not.
Who knows!!
Dj Plasmic nebula

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

I think it's Real.:) I believe Gnomes aren't creatures, i believe their Smaller then Little People known as midgets.:)
Hey remember that i Fairy Tales they can exaggerate in true stories.:) maybe Gnomes are Humans and Not creatures.
Think this, it's true what I'm about to say. People Been telling Lies for what, about more then hundreds and hundreds maybe i say thousands of years.:) it's possible that who ever made the first and other old old old old fairy tales, exaggerated and lied to us saying gnomes aren't real and that their creatures, when in reality their human.:) Remember Humans now a days Lie a lot, even in the medieval times their were people who lied, even in George Washington's days people lied, no matter what year it is and what year it was when certain things came about, People Lied.:) so you can't really say Fairy Tales are fake,
Anybody can get the truth and put it in fairy tales and changing the info a bit and exaggerate the info a lot.:)
A lot of things are based on true Stories, and Lots of people don't know that.:)
You really can't say someone is a lier when they see a gnome, i know the saying "Seeing is Believing' true in some ways, heck, those youth dudes did see it, so they can say they saw and believe it. It's like you Seeing a Real Unicorn, and now you believe in them, while others would just mock you, make fun of you and saying your either paranoid/crazy or you pulled a prank.
Not everybody is going to belelive
Dj Plasmic nebula

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

Ashley wrote:
Will we ever hear the rest of this story? I wanna know who/what this is. Seriously! I seem to always find an interesting story, but they never do a follow up!
Maybe cause the people who saw them didn't go after the gnome, i mean were human we are capable of fearing things when we think it's fake and turns out to be real, I hear that gnomes scratch people and bite people (although i believe that's a form of self defense), and that those people that got bitten either end up becoming ill or end up becoming ill and die.(in this case i believe th gnomes either have disease or they don't brush their teeth or rabies)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Salta, Argentina Discussions

Search the Salta, Argentina Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Former Mountie charged with indecent assault of... Mar '14 Allison 1
Pimp who forced 90 transsexuals into Paris pros... (Oct '13) Oct '13 sarahomo 1
Joseph expects Pumas to show their claws (Jun '13) Jun '13 mark revill -bristol uk 1
Two Foreign Tourists Brutally Assaulted and Mur... (Aug '11) Feb '12 che guevarra 4
Argentina: An Andean Adventure (Jan '10) Jan '10 Mark Sanford 2
Britain's Next HOT Model (Sep '09) Sep '09 Models 1
UFO files: Argentineans claim encounter with EBE (Feb '09) Feb '09 Something In The Air 1
•••
•••
•••
•••