|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Even Maureen Dowd in the NY Times has turned on him:

On Thursday, Bill Clinton once more telegraphed that he considers Obama a lightweight who should not have bested his wife. Bluntly contradicting the Obama campaign theme that Romney is a heartless corporate raider, Clinton told CNN that the Republican’s record at Bain was “sterling.”

On Friday, an ugly job market report led to the stock market’s worst day of the year. As the recovery flat-lined, the president conceded to a crowd at a Honeywell factory in Golden Valley, Minn., that “our economy is still facing some serious headwinds” and getting sucked further into Europe’s sinkhole. In depressing imagery for the start of the summer campaign, cable channels carried the red Dow arrow pointing down while Obama spoke; the Dow wiped out all of its 2012 gains.

The president who started off with such dazzle now seems incapable of stimulating either the economy or the voters. His campaign is offering Obama 2012 car magnets for a donation of $10; cat collars reading “I Meow for Michelle” for $12; an Obama grill spatula for $40, and discounted hoodies and T-shirts. How the mighty have fallen.

Once glowing, his press is now burning.“To a very real degree, 2008’s candidate of hope stands poised to become 2012’s candidate of fear,” John Heilemann wrote in New York magazine, noting that because Obama feels he can’t run on his record, his campaign will resort to nuking Romney.

In his new book,“A Nation of Wusses,” the Democrat Ed Rendell, the former governor of Pennsylvania, wonders how “the best communicator in campaign history” lost his touch.

The legendary speaker who drew campaign crowds in the tens of thousands and inspired a dispirited nation ended up nonchalantly delegating to a pork-happy Congress, disdaining the bully pulpit, neglecting to do any L.B.J.-style grunt work with Congress and the American public, and ceding control of his narrative.

As president, Obama has never felt the need to explain or sell his signature pieces of legislation — the stimulus and health care bills — or stanch the flow of false information from the other side.

“The administration lost the communications war with disastrous consequences that played out on Election Day 2010,” Rendell writes, and Obama never got credit for the two pieces of legislation where he reached for greatness.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/opinion/sun...
good

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

hope he drowns in his own pool of corruption he built over the last three years, good riddance in November
dpb

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

VIVA OBAMA - Romney is totally out of touch with the working people of our Nation, as is most of Texass, and an arrogant rich POS who will lose in 2012 and whine on as he has always done. OBAMA 2012!
texas ranger

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

dpb wrote:
VIVA OBAMA - Romney is totally out of touch with the working people of our Nation, as is most of Texass, and an arrogant rich POS who will lose in 2012 and whine on as he has always done. OBAMA 2012!
we will see come Nov numb nuts. you're buddy Obammy has no record to run on, so his only strategy is to attack Romney, just like you're doing.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Quit wrote:
<quoted text>
lying
The only lie around here is the one your living.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Polls show Obama and Romney virtually tied, so none of you should count your chickens before they hatch. And a lot can happen between now and November in the way of scandals that could tip the scales.
fscott

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

When democrats including some black dems start turning on Obama you know things are getting bad. How about Bill Clinton saying Romeny's business record was sterling. You think Obama liked that one.
texas ranger

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Obama is little more than a run-of-the-mill Hollywood extra hired to play president of the United States.

He entered office unorganized and unstructured. Nothing in his background suggested that he knew anything about management, organization, or leadership. Nor did anyone see the need for bringing in talent with these skills. As a result, the Hollywood mannequin was almost immediately exposed as nothing but flair, hype, and hot air. The public had bought a product that did not perform.

Obama is now down to bombing caves in Afghanistan trying to bolster his ratings.
bolbobaggins

Yuma, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Obama the skunk is sunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Albuquerque Forum right now

Search the Albuquerque Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Water Bills To Go Up Because Of Conservation 5 hr Eeeeeee I know huh 19
Las Cruces Greyhound LIES & PROPAGANDA 5 hr Eeeeeee I know huh 4
Let's talk about the Mexican Revolutionary war 5 hr Eeeeeee I know huh 5
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 6 hr fmer505-1951 105,328
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 6 hr fmer505-1951 54,386
Man who shot retired Marine may have also tied ... 15 hr CornDogz 1
Chemtrails in Albuquerque (May '13) 16 hr Brad 214
•••

Fire Warning for Bernalillo County was issued at April 24 at 2:16PM MDT