Comments
1 - 20 of 54,907 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
First Prev
of 2746
Next Last
Katia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 5, 2009
 

Judged:

15

4

3

Today I was in a dollar store, The man in front of me at the checkout was an Hipanic. He appeared to be very poor. He stood, clutching a box while he worriedly counted out his pennies, nickles and dimes. What was he holding? A box of doggie treats. The man loves his dog very, very much. I will remember this. What did you see today?

“Talk is Cheap”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 5, 2009
 

Judged:

4

2

2

this is what happens when they close all the state run mental facilities. instead of improving the care and delivery of care for the mentally ill with people trained in dealing with them ,they throw them out on the street and then the horrors begin for others!......
Katia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 5, 2009
 

Judged:

7

7

3

skinwalker wrote:
this is what happens when they close all the state run mental facilities. instead of improving the care and delivery of care for the mentally ill with people trained in dealing with them ,they throw them out on the street and then the horrors begin for others!......
What I saw was beautiful and touching. I saw love and caring. I saw a poor man who made sure that his dog had a treat. That is what I saw.
Katia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

10

7

6

Today I was taking a little walk in my neighborhood. I was at the corner of my street and I saw the retired race horse who lives on the lot there. He has to live there by himself; his owner won't get him another horse or a goat or anything. I stood at the fence and gave a whistle. The horse's head came up, he looked around, and I whistled again. He spotted me and trotted over. I stroked his neck and talked to him, and suddenly he thrust his head under my arm by my side and held it there, absolutely still. Even horses need need to touch and be touched. Everyone needs to love and be loved.
We will not forget

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

your racism. Go find another member of the KKK for snuggling. We don't want you here.

“Talk is Cheap”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Do you believe LOVE IS BLIND and LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT? Don't throw yourself out on anothers whim. People change, as do intentions and as a result, consequences. Live for yourself. Love those around you, but realise that they've got their own agendas." - Alex Gaskarth.....
Katia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

CornDaddy wrote:
<quoted text>
1- mental illness is real, but it is also highly abused as an excuse
2- I wouldn't be so sure that this person is ME. I see a person with a small amount of money who apparently loves his pet, a pet who is probably his best friend and buddy. He's taking care of that pet in his own way. I think that is a good thing and hardly something I'd see as being ME.
Thank you, C.D. I'm glad that you saw what I saw. How is your family, Candy, Carmel, etc? I loved it when you posted that. Thanks again.
Katia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

skinwalker wrote:
Do you believe LOVE IS BLIND and LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT? Don't throw yourself out on anothers whim. People change, as do intentions and as a result, consequences. Live for yourself. Love those around you, but realise that they've got their own agendas." - Alex Gaskarth.....
I'm not familiar with any of that quote, however I DO believe in love at first sight, and I know that love is blind, and I've gotten myself in to a lot of trouble over the years because of both of those concepts. I don't get blinded any more, so I don't get blindsided, but I still believe in love at first sight. Thanks for your input. Did you or C.D. see anything today? Beautiful sights are everywhere, and you see them if you look.

“The Travelling Grandpa!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

6

2

2

I watched and played with 3 of my 6 grand children today and was so pleased to see the trust they placed in myself and their parents with the different activities they engaged in. They don't EXPECT you to be there to catch them if they fall or need you, they simply KNOW you'll be there. It's a given and by far exceeds the bounds of love and trust.
Katia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Well, it wasn't today, but it was this evening that I was scrolling right along through the list of threads, and to my fright, I realized that I've started two "Today I Saw" threads. I don't get how that happened, except that you can judge me "clueless". I didn't know that I was doing it and I didn't mean to do it and I wish that I hadn't done it. Does anybody know of a way to merge them or something or anything? I feel like a little fool, and this is just an example of why.
Sean

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Katia wrote:
Today I was in a dollar store, The man in front of me at the checkout was an Hipanic. He appeared to be very poor. He stood, clutching a box while he worriedly counted out his pennies, nickles and dimes. What was he holding? A box of doggie treats. The man loves his dog very, very much. I will remember this. What did you see today?
What is "an Hipanic"? You are the one that said Concha' s post were always funny. I am the one who told you she called a dead teenaged girl an idiot MORE THAN ONCE! You do not know that the man was buying treats for his dog, they could have been for a stray. Most people love their dogs "very, very much".
Sean

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Katia wrote:
<quoted text>
What I saw was beautiful and touching. I saw love and caring. I saw a poor man who made sure that his dog had a treat. That is what I saw.
You do not know the man was poor, lady! There have been a hundred times when I have had to run to the store in clothes I was working in the yard in (with little money) and I am sure I did not look my best. You are judging people by how they look.
Sean

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

We still wrote:
<quoted text>
do not like you. You can try to clean up your image after all your racist comments about hispanics, but we won't forget.
Thank YOU, We Still!
Katia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sean wrote:
<quoted text> What is "an Hipanic"? You are the one that said Concha' s post were always funny. I am the one who told you she called a dead teenaged girl an idiot MORE THAN ONCE! You do not know that the man was buying treats for his dog, they could have been for a stray. Most people love their dogs "very, very much".
If he was buying the treats for a stray, or his own dog, or his mom's dog, it was still an act of love. I hope, as you feel, that most people do love their dogs, and any pet that they have, very, very much. That's one of the many, many things that I worry about--that people are loving and caring for their pets. Thanks, though, for your comment. I made myself a promise not to say mean things about anybody anymore. It's just as easy to say nice things, and it's better for my soul.
Sean

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Katia wrote:
Well, it wasn't today, but it was this evening that I was scrolling right along through the list of threads, and to my fright, I realized that I've started two "Today I Saw" threads. I don't get how that happened, except that you can judge me "clueless". I didn't know that I was doing it and I didn't mean to do it and I wish that I hadn't done it. Does anybody know of a way to merge them or something or anything? I feel like a little fool, and this is just an example of why.
You sound a little crazy!
Sean

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Katia wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was buying the treats for a stray, or his own dog, or his mom's dog, it was still an act of love. I hope, as you feel, that most people do love their dogs, and any pet that they have, very, very much. That's one of the many, many things that I worry about--that people are loving and caring for their pets. Thanks, though, for your comment. I made myself a promise not to say mean things about anybody anymore. It's just as easy to say nice things, and it's better for my soul.
You were judging people by how they look and dress!
Katia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Please don't yell at me.......
We know

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Katia wrote:
Please don't yell at me.......
that you are a spineless, sniveling coward. That's why you have chosen to make ethnic slurs, and call a hapless impulsive kid an idiot. You have felt momentarily superior that way. But we know you have low self esteem. Probably because there's not much to respect in you or your lifestyle. Did the ex express racist hatred and put-downs too? Or just get sick of hearing you do it? Or get sick of your sniveling helpless act?

You say you are finished with the ethnic slurs. We doubt you. We'll see. Meantime, quit whining about your admitted incompetence. We don't like listening to that, either.

“Talk is Cheap”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Katia wrote:
<quoted text>
What I saw was beautiful and touching. I saw love and caring. I saw a poor man who made sure that his dog had a treat. That is what I saw.
After thinking of my last post, you are so right, and the CD reminded me also of how melancholy can be quite beautiful. A man fumbling for change from small coin container to purchase his "Best Friend" something of a treat. I saw today, Sunday as being Sunny, mild, with birds flying without care throughout the trees. This often times fill my mind with images of landscape of a Sunday afternoon of vacant buildings and minimal human activity. Then comes Sunday evening, which are difficult for some people and quite healing for others, it gives you that quiet time you never had during the week...Your post prompted me to think it through. Human nature is such that we tend to live a little bit in the past and a lot in the future. There is an eloquence in a Sunday afternoon....
fmer-505-1951

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Katia wrote:
Please don't yell at me.......
Katia, I generally hate bigotry and racism and people who spew such hate, but I don't think that is you. I am assuming that maybe you are not originally from here or that somehow you have become jaded about hispanics. I am hispanic, and very proud of who I am. I think that you are having a hard time right now. I hope that things will brighten up for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2746
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Albuquerque Forum right now

Search the Albuquerque Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Border Patrol Under Fire 58 min Willothewisp 4
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr Mister Chix 105,853
Homeless slayings underscore dangers on the street 2 hr LuzAranda 12
Lawyers volunteer to help Artesia detainees 3 hr Go Home 2
Crop circle in Germany attracts many visitors 5 hr Horace 2
Drug Free Zones Don't Work 12 hr like 2
Push to lower penalties for marijuana possessio... 12 hr one 6
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Bernalillo County was issued at July 31 at 12:17PM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Albuquerque Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Albuquerque People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Albuquerque News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Albuquerque
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••