Southern Girl

Chattanooga, TN

#543 Aug 3, 2012
Phantom309 wrote:
<quoted text>

The real story that you will never hear the truth about is that Emmitt tried to rape that Woman and got something else instead.
Where did you hear this?

“Love is”

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

A Beautiful Thing

#544 Aug 3, 2012
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of my response was attacking your intelligence level and your low moral compass ..... Apparently you can't even tell the difference between a verbal attack and excuses...
You can't attack anything about me...I think you're a sicko...stick to attacking the dead who can't answer for themselves.

“Love is”

Level 6

A Beautiful Thing

#545 Aug 3, 2012
Lunarblitz wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not even amazed anymore at peoples stupidity. Common sense hardly even exists in today's world.
Co sign.
Hope you are enjoying the Olympics.

“Love is”

Level 6

A Beautiful Thing

#546 Aug 3, 2012
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a sad day when someone needs validation from someone who doesn't even think they should exist in the first place. You are beyond weak.. Weak men come from weak women (and vice versa). Your stupid mentality is sickening.
They didn't do anything when the man came to the house to get his blood relative who wasn't even an adult yet.. He simply sat there and watched .. That makes him a coward. He doesn't get to be called anything else for observing and finger pointing in a court room.. In fact that makes him even more pathetic. Now if his goal that night was simply to survive no matter the cost.. He achieved that goal BUT because of how he survived he is correctly labeled a coward.
He doesn't get to be called a hero after he sat back and let another guy roll in his at two in the morning acting a fool.
Plus he lost his family anyway.. So that was the universe sending a clear message he didn't do anything normal that night.
Life isn't simply about surviving.. Life is mostly about thriving and progress.
Lol @ this heartless desperate cruel imbecile.
Fck off scum.
Southern Girl

Chattanooga, TN

#547 Aug 3, 2012
Phantom309 wrote:
Emmitt's uncle was a coward though but then all black people are cowards.
So what are Malcolm X and Harriet Tubman

“Love is”

Level 6

A Beautiful Thing

#548 Aug 3, 2012
Ever heard of the phrase R.I.P?
it means let the dead Rest In Peace.
Very important to "civilised humans".
Southern Girl

Chattanooga, TN

#549 Aug 3, 2012
To the person that started this thread "Big Ups"

Very, good discussion

actually the best disscusion I have ever had on topix...Very eye opening

Since: Feb 09

My Own World

#550 Aug 3, 2012
Judy wrote:
And if he did put his hands on that lady ( first in the case of the money exchange and another when he was getting fresh with her).. That certainly could be considered attempted rape.. Especially given the time, he had no business doing that. But no matter the time, strange men shouldn't put there hands on a woman they don't know. Emmett was a husky boy and she was a small woman.. I totally get both the husbands and wife's reaction.
So once again, the mans anger was justified.
However when it comes to them going to someone's house at two in the morning to do harm is where the old man should have stood his ground. That's where the VICTIM becomes wrong because he shouldn't have went to that guys house like that. And that's where the old mans true cowardly nature gets revealed.
Well, I had seen a pbs documentary about this incident and it said he just whistled at her on the way out. I googled 'emmett till grabbed' and then a few things came up about the woman saying that he grabbed her hand and waist, asked her for a date, said nasty stuff, etc. She said she went to get a gun and that's when they left the store. I thought he whistled at her AS they were leaving. So, now I'm not sure what happened. I don't know if she had told people this right after the incident- or if she was saying it to help her husband at trial (?)
Southern Girl

Chattanooga, TN

#551 Aug 3, 2012
Phantom309 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda remind you of a more recent story about another not so innocent Black young thug killed in Florida ?
How do you figure this?
Southern Girl

Chattanooga, TN

#552 Aug 3, 2012
Phantom309 wrote:
<quoted text>
race of morons ,criminal's thieves,murderers and rapists that 80 % of Black Americans really are.
I agree with you on this
Southern Girl

Chattanooga, TN

#553 Aug 3, 2012
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I had seen a pbs documentary about this incident and it said he just whistled at her on the way out. I googled 'emmett till grabbed' and then a few things came up about the woman saying that he grabbed her hand and waist, asked her for a date, said nasty stuff, etc. She said she went to get a gun and that's when they left the store. I thought he whistled at her AS they were leaving. So, now I'm not sure what happened. I don't know if she had told people this right after the incident- or if she was saying it to help her husband at trial (?)
Its just a mess and a shame
Judy

Brooklyn, NY

#554 Aug 3, 2012
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly I'm more apt to believe her version because she allegedly didn't really want to tell her husband what happened.. And it, IMO, after the dust settles is the only version which makes some sense.

The cousin who admitted Emmett whistled at the lady also told the common story of them running to get to there cars and driving off real quick.. He also said his cousin was so nervous driving he dropped his cigarette from shaking.. Also they were so scared someone was after them that they at one point stopped the car and most of them jumped out of the car and ran.

Now why would they do all of that over a whistle?

Something more had to have occurred...

And honestly if he simply whistled when leaving the store would she had seriously heard him .....??... Or felt so threatened to go and get her gun? So the families story doesn't make much sense.

Grabbing her is probably a stretch because I'm sure he would have known that would have been certain death as she wasn't in the store alone.

But I bet he grabbed her hand during the money exchange and held it and/or carressed it.. Basically showing off.

It's said his wife was known for her beauty so he most likely thought he was going to show country bm how to do it when it came to ww. Basically to show them that they could treat ww and bw in the same manner when clearly wm made it clear they would not tolerate such a thing.
Southern Girl

Chattanooga, TN

#555 Aug 3, 2012
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly I'm more apt to believe her version because she allegedly didn't really want to tell her husband what happened.. And it, IMO, after the dust settles is the only version which makes some sense.
The cousin who admitted Emmett whistled at the lady also told the common story of them running to get to there cars and driving off real quick.. He also said his cousin was so nervous driving he dropped his cigarette from shaking.. Also they were so scared someone was after them that they at one point stopped the car and most of them jumped out of the car and ran.
And honestly if he simply whistled when leaving the store would she had seriously heard him .....??... Or felt so threatened to go and get her gun? So the families story doesn't make much sense.
Grabbing her is probably a stretch because I'm sure he would have known that would have been certain death as she wasn't in the store alone.
But I bet he grabbed her hand during the money exchange and held it and/or carressed it.. Basically showing off.
It's said his wife was known for her beauty so he most likely thought he was going to show country bm how to do it when it came to ww. Basically to show them that they could treat ww and bw in the same manner when clearly wm made it clear they would not tolerate such a thing.
Yeah, stereotypically white men are very protective over a woman they love, and thats real
Judy

Brooklyn, NY

#556 Aug 3, 2012
Southern Girl wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, stereotypically white men are very protective over a woman they love, and thats real
Well most men are -tbo. Women are protective also.. But more importantly touching a mans wife like that is more about respect.. Heck that guy could have hated his wife's guts but he most likely would have still been just as angry about what happened.

The social norms were extremely clear and for whatever reason (I believe youthful delusions that nothing would happen to him) he seemingly wanted to challenge them. I believe he was a good kid who simply got carried away that day.. He was having too much fun and forgot how blunt the time he was living in was.

My Own World

#557 Aug 3, 2012
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
This was WAY before my time, so I don't know what was really going on. To hear most modern versions you would think that all Whites in the south were frothing at the mouth racists and if Blacks made eye contact they were automatically lynched. Well, I know that's not true. I did suppose, though, that a Black teens' whistle at a White woman might elicit a different reaction from certain White men of the time than if it came from a White teen.

However, most any man of that time period would have been furious if any male beyond the age of puberty put his hands on his wife and said nasty stuff to her and this would have not been an unusual reaction- regardless of race.
Judy

Brooklyn, NY

#558 Aug 3, 2012
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>
This was WAY before my time, so I don't know what was really going on. To hear most modern versions you would think that all Whites in the south were frothing at the mouth racists and if Blacks made eye contact they were automatically lynched. Well, I know that's not true. I did suppose, though, that a Black teens' whistle at a White woman might elicit a different reaction from certain White men of the time than if it came from a White teen.
However, most any man of that time period would have been furious if any male beyond the age of puberty put his hands on his wife and said nasty stuff to her and this would have not been an unusual reaction- regardless of race.
Well the threat of harm was real.. Plenty of blacks were harmed because of real or false allegations or misinterpretations of intentions.

So the rule was to simply avoid eye contact to prevent any misunderstandings of any kind. There's still lots of blacks alive today who lived during the Jim Crow era and all those I've spoken with flat out say it was not a game.

Emmett's mom also knew this which is why her initial answer to her son going south was no in the first place.. She said most of the country had strict racial codes to some degree but the south was even moreso snd she eas afraid her sons personality would get him in trouble. She had to be convinced to change her mind.

So it was a dangerous time. That is not an exaggeration. This is why Emmett's actions made even less sense.. He should have followed the rules .. Paid for his things and left.. His cousins should have stayed on top of him to ensure he did this or told him he had to go back home if he didn't.

But I agree with your last paragraph.. I've said repeatedly that the mans anger was justified. However he still had no business going over to soneones house at two in the morning and killing a teenager over it.

My Own World

#559 Aug 3, 2012
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the threat of harm was real.. Plenty of blacks were harmed because of real or false allegations or misinterpretations of intentions.
So the rule was to simply avoid eye contact to prevent any misunderstandings of any kind. There's still lots of blacks alive today who lived during the Jim Crow era and all those I've spoken with flat out say it was not a game.
Emmett's mom also knew this which is why her initial answer to her son going south was no in the first place.. She said most of the country had strict racial codes to some degree but the south was even moreso snd she eas afraid her sons personality would get him in trouble. She had to be convinced to change her mind.
So it was a dangerous time. That is not an exaggeration. This is why Emmett's actions made even less sense.. He should have followed the rules .. Paid for his things and left.. His cousins should have stayed on top of him to ensure he did this or told him he had to go back home if he didn't.
But I agree with your last paragraph.. I've said repeatedly that the mans anger was justified. However he still had no business going over to soneones house at two in the morning and killing a teenager over it.
No, the husband shouldn't have gone over there.

I'd just never heard of the woman saying that anything other than a whistle had happened. I still haven't read up on it- just saw one documentary.

My Own World

#560 Aug 3, 2012
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hadn't heard that either. Do you know of a book on the crime?

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 10

and so was I

#561 Aug 3, 2012
Southern Girl wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, stereotypically white men are very protective over a woman they love, and thats real
A lot of people say it's because white women are so much better than black women.. But these are just stereo types were talking.. but if one is true, then the other most likely is as well. They also say that black men, hispanic men etc that are with white women are very protective of them as well.

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 10

and so was I

#562 Aug 3, 2012
sONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Definitely a difference between yourself and these other two dumb loser females... and then they wonder why men are more protective over women like you :)

... and it just so happens... neither of them have a man... and you do. go figure :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 1 min Ben YISRAEL 6,157
Can Maceo at close to 60 years old change? Yes! 2 min BWInterracial 1
old racist white man takes it too far!!!! 4 min BWInterracial 57
MMR Vaccine/Autism Revelation: Another "Tuskege... 10 min anothervoice 23
How has Africa from the begining of time influe... (May '13) 16 min johnplustwomore 2,069
Look What Brain Said About Daniele Watts While ... 23 min squeezers 8
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... 24 min Imgreat 6
Was Jesus or Mohammed black ? 47 min selina london 245
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 2 hr Gargantos 120,977
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr unfazed 24,574
BW Cuffed by Police for Kissing WM: Prostitute??? 4 hr Miguel is the man 247
White Power is finally ending, Blacks will righ... 6 hr Aryan Power 662
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••