Bill

Harrisburg, PA

#21 Aug 1, 2012
TANGLEFOOT wrote:
<quoted text>When you stated the Irish, and Italians may feel a little different when their countries involved, and blacks born and raised here in the USA really have no reason to feel any other way but loyal to the USA, I thought that what you were "vicariously" saying.:-)
Well, I definitely don't think that AAs have no reason but t feel lyal since i am familiar with the he bitterness that slavery and Jim crow inflicted and the social injustices that AAs continue to feel badly about.

So what I meant was that my observations seem to indicate that the general outward display trend is to root for the USA as opposed to a foreign country.

As to whether that rooting is tinged with resentments, or the degree of those resentments, or the degree of sincerity involved in each individual case, only God can say.

BTW
There might be a conflict when an AA sees a white American competing against a black African, of course. But one thing that I do know for certain is that when a American Anglo competes against an Afro Latino, AAs definitely do chant USA! USA! USA!
Blahahaha

United States

#22 Aug 1, 2012
TANGLEFOOT wrote:
With the treatment of the President to the racial comments about Black People made on a daily basis, I know I root for the USA to never win anything let alone the Olympics!!!
From gay-marriages and Chicken Sandwiches to Batman Movies, the USA is truly a nation of sick individuals, from State Penn university, Lawsuits for spilling hot Mcdonald's coffee in your lap, a government legislation that base laws and prices based on a CEO'S or UPPER MANAGEMENTS SALARIES that leave the regular working man at a struggle that he can't afford to raise a family.
The list goes on and on, to unnecessary "WARS" that kill innocent Men Women and Children, the USA has alot of nerve to even enter the "OLYMPICS".
GO FRANCE, GO CHINA, GO RUSSIA, GO JAPAN, Go CANADA, go anyone but the USA, they still call their own people the "N" word even the President of the Divided States of Unamerica.
No Pride, except Southern Pride and Gay Pride, WoW
what a Nation.
Most of what's bad in the U.S. has to do with criminals in the government. Not individual citizens as a whole.

Every government has many corrupt criminals on the inside. If you think other countries do not have criminals in their governments, you're sorely delusional and quite clueless.

Did all Americans protest the government to force out military into war? No. The government itself chose to go without any say from the people. Sure, some people agreed with it based upon lies and propaganda put forth by the government (and the media which they secretly pay off, as well), but there are many innocent Americans who have no say nor any power as individuals to control what the criminals in government do on a daily basis in this country or in foreign lands they use the military to invade and kill others with.

When I think of North Korea, I don't hate on their people, I hate on their government. I seriously feed bad for North Korean citizens and the corruption they have to put up with. I know how bad corruption here in the U.S. is in the government, it's much worse in NK and a few other countries around the world though, at least outwardly.

I cannot imagine what the U.S. would look like if the founders never wrote a Bill of Rights and Constitution to outwardly help limit the power of the government. Wow, we'd most likely look like North Korea today in fact.

Most people are busy working and just sheeple who trust the government. The others (like me) who distrust and mainly hate the criminals in the government number so few that we cannot change things unless the majority wake the @#$% up and get on board with us in protesting such criminals in power.

The media helps brainwashing the citizens as a whole into trusting either side (D) or (R) in running the country. Both are corrupt and share power-grabs back and forth every 4-8 years. There's a criminal elite running all of this, from government to big businesses in media, pharmaceutical companies, banking system, etc. All working together.

“Life is just a Moment, njoy it”

Level 5

Since: Jan 07

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#24 Aug 1, 2012
Blahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
When I think of North Korea, I don't hate on their people, I hate on their government. I seriously feed bad for North Korean citizens and the corruption they have to put up with. I know how bad corruption here in the U.S. is in the government, it's much worse in NK and a few other countries around the world though, at least outwardly.
I cannot imagine what the U.S. would look like if the founders never wrote a Bill of Rights and Constitution to outwardly help limit the power of the government. Wow, we'd most likely look like North Korea today in fact.
Most people are busy working and just sheeple who trust the government. The others (like me) who distrust and mainly hate the criminals in the government number so few that we cannot change things unless the majority wake the @#$% up and get on board with us in protesting such criminals in power.
The media helps brainwashing the citizens as a whole into trusting either side (D) or (R) in running the country. Both are corrupt and share power-grabs back and forth every 4-8 years. There's a criminal elite running all of this, from government to big businesses in media, pharmaceutical companies, banking system, etc. All working together.
You sound like like a bitter T/Party activist or someone who knows the feeling.

If there were actual criminals in the government I'm sure the Media would point them out, If you know, they must also know.
You can't just blame the "GOVMINT" without blaming the nation of people who conform to a system that they know is unfair and corrupt.

Other nations get together in mass crowds and protest against their governments injustices before it even starts.
Something that would scare the USA to death if that were to happen here.
I thought we were on our way with the WALL/STREET Occupiers, But they just snickered at us and business as usual.

We are a divided nation, we fight an hate each other, then sing O' beautiful, that's just as bad as chanting USA USA at the Olympics.

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

United States

#26 Aug 1, 2012
As an American, I root for America to win it all.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#27 Aug 1, 2012
I am american, regardless of ignorance.

Level 5

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#28 Aug 1, 2012
Go Jesse Owens!

Level 5

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#29 Aug 2, 2012
China's still winning!
What a sheep

United States

#30 Aug 2, 2012
TANGLEFOOT wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like like a bitter T/Party activist or someone who knows the feeling.
If there were actual criminals in the government I'm sure the Media would point them out, If you know, they must also know.
Trusting the MEDIA to tell us about criminals in the government?

Hahahahahaha! OOOOOOHHH! That's PRICELESS comedy! I almost hit my head on the keyboard I bent down so fast after literally laughing so hard at that! WOW!

What's your IQ? 35?:D

Ah, and you're the typical clueless sheep whom thinks the government/media is out to help us and genuinely cares about our freedom and well-being. Hahahaha! OH that's SO priceless and funny, yet so sad at the same time. You're another silly, clueless nitwit who thinks the media is NOT working together with the criminal elite in power within the government, banking system and other big companies around nation (and world)?

Yes, you're truly the kind that we blame for the government and other criminals who get away with so much criminality.

Holy CRAP you're so clueless! LMAO!

Silly sheeple, wake up please! PLEASE! I might have to move out of this country. Seriously. I am looking elsewhere. Hoping!

Level 5

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#39 Aug 2, 2012
Go France!!!!
Go Italy!!!!
Go Germany!!!
Go Britain!!!

Level 5

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#41 Aug 2, 2012
Go Russia!
Go Poland!
Go Japan!!!

“Trans-Atlantic cruises”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Available to all BM

#47 Aug 2, 2012
I always root for blacks to lose. I don't care who wins as long as blacks lose.
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

Netherlands

#48 Aug 3, 2012
,......well - obviously negrows will root for the USA if its other negrows that r competing, but will root for the other teams if it's white amerikans that r competing.......

....this speaks to the tribal mentality of negrows...

Level 5

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#49 Aug 3, 2012
Jesse entered the 1936 Olympics, which were held in Nazi Germany amidst the belief by Hitler that the Games would support his belief that the German "Aryan" people were the dominant race.

Jesse Owens proved in Berlin and thereafter that he was a dreamer who could make the dreams of others come true, a speaker who could make the world listen and a man who held out hope to millions of young people. Throughout his life, he worked with youths, sharing of himself and the little material wealth that he had.

Athletes didn't return from the Olympics to lucrative advertising and product endorsement campaigns in those days, and Owens supported his young family with a variety of jobs. One was of special significance - playground director in Cleveland. It was his first step into a lifetime of working with underprivileged youth, which gave him his greatest satisfaction. After relocating to Chicago, he devoted much of his time to underprivileged youth as a board member and former director of the Chicago Boys' Club.

A complete list of the many awards and honors presented to Jesse Owens by groups around the world would fill dozens of pages. In 1976, Jesse was awarded the highest civilian honor in the United States when President Gerald Ford presented him with the Medal of Freedom in front of the members of the U.S. Montreal Olympic team in attendance. In February, 1979, he returned to the White House, where President Carter presented him with the Living Legend Award. On that occasion, President Carter said this about Jesse, "A young man who possibly didn't even realize the superb nature of his own capabilities went to the Olympics and performed in a way that I don't believe has ever been equaled since.

Jesse Owens died from complications due to lung cancer on March 31, 1980 in Tucson, Arizona. Although words of sorrow, sympathy and admiration poured in from all over the world, perhaps President Carter said it best when he stated: "Perhaps no athlete better symbolized the human struggle against tyranny, poverty and racial bigotry. His personal triumphs as a world-class athlete and record holder were the prelude to a career devoted to helping others. His work with young athletes, as an unofficial ambassador overseas, and a spokesman for freedom are a rich legacy to his fellow Americans."

Jesse's spirit still lives in his three daughters, Gloria, Marlene, and Beverly, and their work with the Jesse Owens Foundation. The Foundation continues to carry on Jesse's legacy by providing financial assistance, support, and services to young individuals with untapped potential in order to develop their talents, broaden their horizons, and become better citizens. There is no doubt that Jesse would be proud.

Jesse set or tied national high school records in the 100 yard dash, 200-yard dash, and the long jump.
After a stellar high school career, he attended Ohio State University.
On May 25, 1935, at the Big Ten Conference Championships in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Owens broke three world records (long jump, 220-yard dash and 220-yard low hurdles) and tied a fourth (100-yard dash), all in a 45 minute span.
In his junior year at Ohio State, Owens competed in 42 events and won them all, including four in the Big Ten Championships, four in the NCAA Championships, two in the AAU Championships and three at the Olympic Trials.
In 1936, Jesse became the first American in Olympic Track and Field history to win four gold medals in a single Olympiad by winning four gold medals: 100 meter dash in 10.3 seconds (tying the world record), long jump with a jump of 26' 5 1/4" (Olympic record), 200 meter dash in 20.7 seconds (Olympic record), and 400 meter relay (first leg) in 39.8 seconds (Olympic and world record).
In 1976, Jesse was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest award bestowed upon a civilian, by Gerald R. Ford.
Owens was posthumously awarded the Congressional Gold Medal in 1990 by President George H.W. Bush.

Level 5

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#50 Aug 3, 2012
Jesse Owens,His stunning achievement of four gold medals at the 1936 Olympic games in Berlin has made him the best remembered athlete in Olympic history.

The teacher was told "J.C." when she asked his name to enter in her roll book, but she thought he said "Jesse". The name stuck and he would be known as Jesse Owens for the rest of his life.

His promising athletic career began in 1928 in Cleveland, Ohio where he set Junior High School records by clearing 6 feet in the high jump, and leaping 22 feet 11 3/4 inches in the broad jump.

Jesse gave the world a preview of things to come in Berlin, while at the Big Ten Championships in Ann Arbor on May 25, 1935, he set three world records and tied a fourth, all in a span of about 45 minutes.

Jesse entered the 1936 Olympics, which were held in Nazi Germany amidst the belief by Hitler that the Games would support his belief that the
German "Aryan" people were the dominant race.
Jesse had different plans, as he became the first American track & field athlete to win four gold medals in a single Olympiad. This remarkable achievement stood unequaled.

During a time of deep-rooted segregation, he not only discredited Hitler's master race theory, but also affirmed that individual excellence, rather than race or national origin, distinguishes one man from another.

After relocating to Chicago, he devoted much of his time to underprivileged youth as a board member and former director of the Chicago Boys' Club.

A complete list of the many awards and honors presented to Jesse Owens by groups around the world would fill dozens of pages. In 1976, Jesse was awarded the highest civilian honor in the United States when President Gerald Ford presented him with the Medal of Freedom in front of the members of the U.S. Montreal Olympic team in attendance.
President Carter said it best when he stated: "Perhaps no athlete better symbolized the human struggle against tyranny, poverty and racial bigotry. His personal triumphs as a world-class athlete and record holder were the prelude to a career devoted to helping others. His work with young athletes, as an unofficial ambassador overseas, and a spokesman for freedom are a rich legacy to his fellow Americans."

Jesse's spirit still lives in his three daughters, Gloria, Marlene, and Beverly, and their work with the Jesse Owens Foundation. The Foundation continues to carry on Jesse's legacy by providing financial assistance, support, and services to young individuals with untapped potential in order to develop their talents, broaden their horizons, and become better citizens. There is no doubt that Jesse would be proud.

Jesse set or tied national high school records in the 100 yard dash, 200-yard dash, and the long jump.
After a stellar high school career, he attended Ohio State University.
On May 25, 1935, at the Big Ten Conference Championships in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Owens broke three world records (long jump, 220-yard dash and 220-yard low hurdles) and tied a fourth (100-yard dash), all in a 45 minute span.
In his junior year at Ohio State, Owens competed in 42 events and won them all, including four in the Big Ten Championships, four in the NCAA Championships, two in the AAU Championships and three at the Olympic Trials.
In 1936, Jesse became the first American in Olympic Track and Field history to win four gold medals in a single Olympiad by winning four gold medals: 100 meter dash in 10.3 seconds (tying the world record), long jump with a jump of 26' 5 1/4" (Olympic record), 200 meter dash in 20.7 seconds (Olympic record), and 400 meter relay (first leg) in 39.8 seconds (Olympic and world record).
In 1976, Jesse was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest award bestowed upon a civilian, by Gerald R. Ford.
Owens was posthumously awarded the Congressional Gold Medal in 1990 by President George H.W. Bush.

Since: Jun 08

Tulsa OK. & Lugano Switzerland

#51 Aug 3, 2012
CHUCKBIGBANG wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH!! DO YOU KNOW YOU'RE DEAD? WAKE UP AND SMELL YOUR DEAD ASS!!
INFIDEL
Alive and well in Costa Rica for a long weekend getaway from the +115 degree Oklahoma weather.

Level 5

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#52 Aug 3, 2012
He was born Cassius Marcellus Clay.
Clay was the fastest heavyweight anybody had ever seen but few gave him a chance against "the Big Bear," Sonny Liston, when they met for the heavyweight title on 25 February 1964. But Clay disarmed the menacing Liston, winning by a TKO in seven, and afterwards told the world he had embraced the Black Muslim faith and taken the name Muhammad Ali. The Muhammad Ali of the late 60s was an awesome fighting machine. With great speed, deceptive power, and an unequaled ability to take a punch, he was never beaten, never even seriously challenged. But the courts took away the title that other boxers could not. He refused induction into the U.S. Army claiming a conscientious objection because of his faith, so he was stripped of his titles and a conviction was sought.

In the late 70’s, Ali attempted to regain the title again, but he was overweight and out of shape. A mere caricature of the once great fighter, he was punished by heavyweight champion Larry Holmes. Ali finally was convinced to retire but not before he had made his mark on the world of sport – as The Greatest. Ali’s career professional record was 56 wins, 37 by knockout, and 5 losses. Later in life, he developed post-traumatic Parkinsonism and now walks and speaks very slowly. In 1996 at Atlanta, he was honored, and honored us all, by lighting the Olympic Flame at the Opening Ceremony.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#53 Aug 3, 2012
I'm a Yank, not black, and I cheer for every athete from a poor country to win over the rich over-trained spoiled athletes from the USA, China, etc.

I also always want countries like France or Spain or Mexico to beat the USA in team sports.

I'm tired of Yank arrogance. That “we're number One” crap, and the ONLY thing you're #1 at is military power, killing.

I like to see Yank strutting arrogance slapped down at the Olympics. I love being in public around a TV and watching their faces when they lose.
Abyss

Saint Catharines, Canada

#54 Aug 3, 2012
CHUCKBIGBANG wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT'S WHAT MAKES THIS COUNTRY SO GREAT, AND BETTER THAN NORTH KOREA. WE'RE "FREE", SO WE CAN CUSS OUT OUR GOVERNMENT AND EACH OTHER, WITHOUT BEING LOCKED UP OR WORSE. MAYBE YOU NEED A TASTE OF WHAT FREEDOM IS AND GO WITHOUT IT FOR AWHILE, YOU DUMB COCK SUCKER. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN SOMETHING, FOOL, OR GO TO NORTH KOREA OR IRAN AND SIGN UP!! WHAT'S WRONG, NO BALLS??
INFIDEL
Wow...wow "don't taze me bro" is what a University of Florida student said after he asked John Kerry a question at a John Kerry forum. He didn't even "cuss" or threaten Kerry but he still got tasered and arrested. There's your "Free" Speech. I'm glad you used "Free" in quotations because you are only given the illusion that your "free" and as long as your opinions/views/ideas coincide with the ruling elite's goals/views/ideas then your "Free" Speech is not considered a threat. It's only when you ask the hard questions of the elite/government that's when you are dangerous to them. I'll leave you with a quote (that describes your statement above):
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free".- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Level 5

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#55 Aug 3, 2012
Don't "taze me Bro",(LOL)

Level 5

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#56 Aug 4, 2012
How many Men out there have the "Hotts" for Missy Franklin now?(LOL)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 12 min African AE 7,683
Africans spreading the Ebola Virus like wildfire 19 min Yep 124 804
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min shinningelectr0n 1,127,285
The value of Negro life is ZERO! 34 min GetRealMichael 30
Leaks by the Grand Jury is Gross Misconduct 37 min injustice 7
Truth to CHINESE worship supreme black Gods 47 min Edgar12 10
The white race: the inferior race (Apr '12) 49 min Edgar12 73
17 yr old Black kid lynched for dating white woman 56 min Harrisson 343
Many HISPANICS think they're WHITE 1 hr tony 171
Why do WM have all the women, power, prestige, ... 2 hr Redefined 98
Ferguson Grand Jury and History 3 hr Talk sense 146
Mr. Brown 3 hr GetRealMichael 102

African-American People Search