Comments
1 - 20 of 644 Comments Last updated Jul 12, 2013
First Prev
of 33
Next Last
Shem sham shame

Redondo Beach, CA

#1 Aug 7, 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06/crip...

This is just sad. The woman was happy and decided to cut loose on the field.

What is she supposed to do? The Minuet?

I've seen a lot worst.
TheOriginalDoby

Carson City, NV

#2 Aug 7, 2012
Criticized by who?

Oh that's right, by those that canít do what she does! Figures.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3 Aug 7, 2012
Ppl can salsa why cnt we c-walk lol

Because it makes white ppl uncomfortable

When do we stop worrying about wether or not white ppl are comfortable? Who gives a fk
Shem sham shame

Redondo Beach, CA

#4 Aug 7, 2012
TheOriginalDoby wrote:
Criticized by who?
Oh that's right, by those that canít do what she does! Figures.
Ha ha. And you know it.

“Sometimes it Rains and”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Sometimes it Pours

#5 Aug 7, 2012
anything she does is ok with me :>)
abc6233

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Aug 7, 2012
Could it be because it might indicate a total lack empathy for those who were defeated and went home with nothing?
Alfonso De La Vega

Harrisburg, PA

#8 Aug 7, 2012
Judy wrote:
^^ oh well.. That's there problem. They shouldn't be such losers. Lol
Lack of grace in victory doesn't give a good impression. Something akin to adding insult to injury in the minds of some I guess. Like rubbing salt in a wound.
Shem sham shame

Redondo Beach, CA

#10 Aug 7, 2012
They're obliviously trying to still the thunder of the this amazing tennis player. They can't criticize her game, so they play the "You're not acting WHITE enough." Arrogance ----- feelings of entitlement.

I wonder whether or not the Anglo Saxons of the world realize why they are disliked by 90% of people of color.
Shem sham shame

Redondo Beach, CA

#11 Aug 7, 2012
*steal*
Shem sham shame

Redondo Beach, CA

#12 Aug 7, 2012
Alfonso De La Vega wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of grace in victory doesn't give a good impression. Something akin to adding insult to injury in the minds of some I guess. Like rubbing salt in a wound.
She's already proved herself 10 times over. HA. She never has to play another tennis match EVER.

Could it be Serena is simply sending a message to Whitey?

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13 Aug 7, 2012
it kind of like a southern white tennis player wanted to play in a confederate flag outfit... won and screamed the south shall rise again... nothing wrong with that, but how do you think it would have gone over?
Judy

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Aug 7, 2012
Alfonso De La Vega wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh trust me.... I don't like shameless celebrations but this was different..

She was just proud of herself.. It wasn't anything directed at the actual player (although I could understand the other player not liking it but it still wasn't directed at her).. Serena hugged her and moved away from her before she did her small thing.

It's the Olympics.. Those people deserve to let out the excitement if they choose to.. Not had she danced while the girl was in her face I would get your point.

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#15 Aug 7, 2012
In my HUMBLE opinion, I personally do NOT feel that Serena doing the "crip walk" on an international platform like The Olympics was appropriate.

Now, I can certainly understand her being overtaken with a plethora of emotions having performed well AND WON on that level of competition. I can also understand the element of pride, both racial pride AND pride for one's "HOOD" that must have consumed her in the moment.

HOWEVER...however, breaking out into a dance that has a hallmark patent on one of the most vicious crime syndicates in all of North America was not the least bit befitting or CUTE, especially in THAT type of sphere. And, it doesn't help her image being that she's FROM COMPTON either.

Serena is far too skilled of an athlete, too old, and too iconic to be that pubescent and careless.

G-D knows I've had MY fair share of "@$$ed out" moments too...WE ALL HAVE. But, somewhere, sometime, WE have to get a grip and stop excusing inapropriate behavior no matter who's the one doing it.
candaycoated

Wichita, KS

#16 Aug 7, 2012
they rather she do the honky tonk
candaycoated

Wichita, KS

#17 Aug 7, 2012
she didn't make any noise when she was playing.That russian girl was grunting every time she swang but didn't hit a dxmn thang.
candaycoated

Wichita, KS

#18 Aug 7, 2012
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
In my HUMBLE opinion, I personally do NOT feel that Serena doing the "crip walk" on an international platform like The Olympics was appropriate.
Now, I can certainly understand her being overtaken with a plethora of emotions having performed well AND WON on that level of competition. I can also understand the element of pride, both racial pride AND pride for one's "HOOD" that must have consumed her in the moment.
HOWEVER...however, breaking out into a dance that has a hallmark patent on one of the most vicious crime syndicates in all of North America was not the least bit befitting or CUTE, especially in THAT type of sphere. And, it doesn't help her image being that she's FROM COMPTON either.
Serena is far too skilled of an athlete, too old, and too iconic to be that pubescent and careless.
G-D knows I've had MY fair share of "@$$ed out" moments too...WE ALL HAVE. But, somewhere, sometime, WE have to get a grip and stop excusing inapropriate behavior no matter who's the one doing it.
azzed out who did you moon?
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#19 Aug 7, 2012
aZiya wrote:
When do we stop worrying about wether or not white ppl are comfortable? Who gives a fk
I agree.

Funny, how they don't complain when white folks copy black dances and do the c-walk themselves. Also, in soccer, in their victory goals, they c-walk. No one complained.
Or when football players do it. They've done it for years.
None of them say anything about snoop (as if he would give a damn) and that is his signature dance.

Let's not get into 'gangsta rap'. White folks can't keep it off their lips.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/z8RmNDC4hX...

“Getting banned smells like...”

Level 4

Since: Jul 12

...resurrection

#20 Aug 7, 2012
aZiya wrote:
By all means, be ghetto skanks and thugs.

Celebrate your criminal, anti-social, subhuman "culture"!

We expect nothing less, and will continue to criticize you for glorifying everything that is tasteless, crass, base and lawless.

But what do you care? You don't like whites anyway, so I'm not sure why it even registers.

After all, of all posters on here, you never obsess over whites, you never take the easy opportunity to turn a discussion about black issues and scream, "WELL WHITES DO THIS OR THAT!"

There's one word in my post you should hang on to...

G H E T T O
Level 7

Location hidden

#21 Aug 7, 2012
candaycoated wrote:
they rather she do the honky tonk
Yeah.

Level 7

Location hidden

#22 Aug 7, 2012
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
Aww, come on Vamp. She did it tastefully. It was simple and short.
She didn't fist pump repeatedly and shout at the top of her lungs or throw her racket. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Do Black People Eat Nasty Foods (Nov '09) 6 min crakka 364
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min THE DEVIL 1,101,327
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 9 min Ben YISRAEL 4,937
Young AAs protect their community from violent ... 9 min FACT 1
Black Males are the WORSE in all men! 9 min X-TREME BIAS 9
Always remember 9/11, but just forget about sla... (Sep '13) 10 min Michele 40
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 12 min Blck 941
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 22 min Enough 2,378
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 23 min Savant 3,555
There's A War On The Black Male 45 min AAA777 629
The Official 2014/2015 NFL Season Thread 52 min GodBody 67
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Ashburn Dating