TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME = white men

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 23, 2011
A man came up to me (he is black) and he asked 'how would you like to get with a TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME guy?'

I laughed to myself because i found it funny that black men think when the media says TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME they are refering to BLACK MEN.

That is not the case. The are refering to white men who have a slight tan, dark eyes and dark hair or maybe just dark hair

If you guys do not believe me, please pay attention to the next media announcement for a TALL,DARK AND HANDSOME man and see what person it happens to be

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 23, 2011
Well most of us know exactly, what Tall, Dark and Handsome, meant..........

I thought it was more targeted at Italian Men.

But still i always, thought that was the dumbest thing to say, because, it makes nooooo sense.

Because WE were under the impression that whites didn't like dark.......but considered most Tall, Dark, and Handsome. lol!

I wonder if i put Brad Pitt and Michael Jordan side by side.

And say Tall, Dark and Handsome.......people would be soooooooooo confused.

As that saying has always confused me. And still makes no sense when referring to white men.

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 23, 2011
i read your other thread. i think your jealousy of black women is funny, but since you are older you may have been a decent woman in your day. if so, i would like to say to you white women aren't the same.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Jan 23, 2011
MDJ2011 wrote:
But still i always, thought that was the dumbest thing to say, because, it makes nooooo sense.
Because WE were under the impression that whites didn't like dark.......but considered most Tall, Dark, and Handsome. lol!
As that saying has always confused me. And still makes no sense when referring to white men.
How many times are you going to say-noooo sense? MDJ I can't stand you. You make me sick. Please don't respond to me, and stay off threads about me. You're so LAME.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Jan 23, 2011
MDJ (adj)- embarassing and lame
Pinky

Rosedale, MD

#6 Jan 23, 2011
Cracka shut up, you wouldn't ubderstand what tall, dark and handsome was if it hit you in yo white assss
troof

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2011
MDJ2011 wrote:
If you see many male actors from the 1940s and 1950s movies and TV shows, you will see 'tall, dark (hair / eyes) and handsome' Caucasian males with white women. That's what women usually meant when they said "Tall, dark and handsome".

But black males today think of themselves as handsome, and they notice how they have dark skin, hair and eyes, and many of them happen to be tall, so they automatically assume white women like them. But most (exceptions aside, yes they're out there) white women do not think most black men are HANDSOME, so that throws off the whole thing right there.

In general, Caucasian women prefer Caucasian men, just like most black women prefer black men, and just like most asian women prefer asian men. That's just reality.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 2, 2011
I am pleased with your comments everyone. I thought someone was going to deny and challenge me on this which would have been almost laughable since the media even portrays it themselves
Kiki

Sugar Land, TX

#10 Feb 3, 2011
This is how America is ignorant, there is no tall, dark and handsome white guy. That's impossible!
Tropics

Fords, NJ

#11 Feb 3, 2011
hardcorextreme wrote:
A man came up to me (he is black) and he asked 'how would you like to get with a TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME guy?'
I laughed to myself because i found it funny that black men think when the media says TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME they are refering to BLACK MEN.
That is not the case. The are refering to white men who have a slight tan, dark eyes and dark hair or maybe just dark hair
If you guys do not believe me, please pay attention to the next media announcement for a TALL,DARK AND HANDSOME man and see what person it happens to be
Tall,dark,and handsome can be said about any man from any race who happens to be tall,dark, and handsome.Most white men are not dark and usually not handsome,but pretty. I thought it was more for Latin men.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Feb 3, 2011
Pinky wrote:
Cracka shut up, you wouldn't ubderstand what tall, dark and handsome was if it hit you in yo white assss
Same goes for you. You wouldn't know if it hit you in your black ass!
Get a clue

Birmingham, AL

#14 Mar 2, 2011
There is no news for any one to be offened by the question on who is being referred to when the phrase tall dark and handsome is used the fact is I find many men of all races task dark and handsome yes your right just because you may be black does not make you tall dark or handsome but you very well may be just like a white or cacasion male who happens to have a tan dark hair and or eyes doesn't make you fit the bill either you women with you races comments are so comical because it doesn't matter we all think differently if I want to referr to only black males I will vice versa honestly who cares!

“lol”

Level 2

Since: Sep 07

Miami

#15 Mar 2, 2011
Every race (in the days of when we didn't have all of a sudden bunch of people who had evolved separately get all lumped together in one place)has this tall dark handsome concept. For Europeans/whites, it was someone dark skinned/featured for white people. Indians also had it, but obviously for Indians, dark skin is like African average...so its all relative.
tno

Corona, CA

#16 Mar 2, 2011
white women like white men ? >>>looking bewildered*

“YourDadsHole”

Since: Feb 11

Caribbean

#17 Mar 2, 2011
Well it DID mean swarthy white men back int he day, but now it's kind of up in the air now isn't it.
Nicole

Newark, NJ

#18 Mar 2, 2011
The term tall dark and handsome was indeed originally referred to white men that are tall, with dark hair. Usually tall white men with light blue eyes, average Caucasian skin tone, and dark brown/ black hair.

This term has probably been around since slavery... And everyone knows nobody was calling those black men tall dark and handsome, especially not white women.
Nicole

Newark, NJ

#19 Mar 2, 2011
tno wrote:
white women like white men ? >>>looking bewildered*
Most white women are with white men, so that's such a stupid comment. Black men seem to think everyone wants them, they they have the most HIV in America (twice the amount of black women), the least educated, the least employed, and the MOST incarcerated. It baffles me that they think they're something sought-after. Reality check: black men are the least wanted.
HUH

United States

#20 Mar 3, 2011
How tall, dark and handsome do a man have to be to a turd?
Mee-Mee

Bedford, OH

#21 Aug 1, 2011
Light is light and dark is dark your opinion is whatever, Italian men are not considered dark skinned people,true its tanned but it is not!! dark! I think people these days are confused when it comes down to skin tone its sad that a dermatologist can even fuck that up.
Frizz

Chicago, IL

#22 Aug 1, 2011
It comes from the name of a movie.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (1941)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHITE WOMEN ARE THE WORLD'S MOST ULTIMATELY DES... 6 min Jubilant Sleep 13
Why do BM always ask women for money? (Jan '13) 7 min Big Knob 38
White woman sues, says sperm bank gave vials fr... 7 min Klaus666 6
Black men who are sell-out and slaves of white ... 10 min BlackNerd_JavaPro... 21
Ebola case in Texas 12 min Be_Real_Fool 68
White women belong to Indian men 14 min user 3
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Incognito4Ever 1,115,543
There's A War On The Black Male 37 min Shake 728
Jewish women crazy for african american men 53 min Brianna 211
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Insect Trust 25,069
Brothers, would you Date A Black Woman Dating W... 1 hr Stupid Thread 456

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE