Romney Absorbs Boos, Tells NAACP That Democrats Have Failed Blacks

Jul 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Public Radio

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney didn't expect a warm embrace when he took the stage Wednesday at the NAACP annual convention in Houston.

Comments
1 - 20 of 2,348 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2012
First Prev
of 118
Next Last

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

THE HILLARY-OBAMA UN CONNECTIONS BACKDOOR GUN CONTROL

UNITED NATIONS Ė A treaty being hammered out this month at the United Nations -- with Iran playing a key role -- could expose the records of America's gun owners to foreign governments -- and, critics warn, eventually put the Second Amendment on global trial.
International talks in New York are going on throughout July on the final wording of the so-called Arms Trade Treaty, which supporters such as Amnesty International USA say would rein in unregulated weapons that kill an estimated 1,500 people daily around the world. But critics, including the National Rifle Associationís Wayne LaPierre, warn the treaty would mark a major step toward the eventual erosion of the U.S. Constitutionís Second Amendment gun-ownership rights.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/07/11/un-ar...

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

I listened on Sirius to the whole thing. I wish I could have seen him, but Romney came as close as he could to a speech I would have given to the NAACP. Namely, So guys, after 50+ years of voting democratic, and a 95+% turnout for Obama, just how much better off are you now? In those 50+ years, dems. were in control for many years and most of our big cities are Dem. controlled, so, how's that working for you? I know, I know, the Dems. have been bad mouthing the Repb's. for all of those 50+ years, telling you the Repb's. hated you, wanted you poor, without food or a good education and so on. So, how's things going for you now? I'll bet you all have your kids in a school YOU chose, you know, a good Charter or a better school out of your ghettos, oh, right, the Dems.(an the teachers unions) don't like that, nope no school choice for you. But, I'm sure your unemployment rate is just great, no?, oh right, yeah, unemployment for Blacks under the Dems. and Dem. controlled big cities is over 14%, higher than that for your youngsters. Hmmmm, starting to see the pattern? Under the Dems. you have just ENOUGH entitlements to keep some food on the table and a place to live, not a GREAT place to live though, and of course you still have the same old substandard education to look forward to. No great charter schools of course and Obama saw to it that the one shining hope to so many Blacks in DC, the voucher that could be used at a wonderful private school, was taken away. So guys, maybe, just maybe, it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. Repub's. believe that if you GIVE a man a fish he will eat tonight BUT if you TEACH A MAN TO FISH, he will eat for a lifetime. Your choice, self-reliance, a chance to better yourself by yourself, or yet another generation of kids waiting for the government to hand them out just enough to get by but not enough to progress? Just FYI - Repb's. are FOR vouchers and throughly back Charter Schools, they recognize that without a good solid education no one will succeed, no one will be able to prosper on their own. WE want you to get a good education, to be able to support yourself not have to live at the whim of the government. WE think you are totally capable of doing that for yourselves, without lifelong support from the government. All you need is a few things, ONE - a good education, TWO - the chance to qualify for a good job and THREE - hold off on the kiddies until you have a job, a husband/wife before having kids. That's it. Good Luck.

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

@Ballybunion: PRICELESS!

“Obama tells the right to...”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

I was so happy to see the audience boo RINO Romney during his ridiculous speech at the NAACP. He looked like a deer in headlights as those patriotic Americans let him know not to come there with that negative talk on the constitutionally upheld Affordable Care Act.
Watch out

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

No matter all of this. Obama will steal this election.
mansa musa

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Whites on here hate Obama only because of his fools color.

It's the same idiots that voted to re-elect bush. You are fools.
Dan Salazar

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I was so happy to see the audience boo RINO Romney during his ridiculous speech at the NAACP. He looked like a deer in headlights as those patriotic Americans let him know not to come there with that negative talk on the constitutionally upheld Affordable Care Act.
The NAACP invited Gov. Romney to speak at their Convention. The fact that they BOO'D an invited guest says nothing about Romney.
Booing an invite Guest defines the NAACP as an Organization populated by ill mannered, common street trash.

We can all benefit by using their disgraceful display as a teachable moment for our children.
mansa musa

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

mansa musa wrote:
Whites on here hate Obama only because of his fools color.
It's the same idiots that voted to re-elect bush. You are fools.
Stupid phone replacing my words.

Fools=skin

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Level 1

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Constitutional as a tax.. Unconstitutional as a Commerce Clause power!!..
justanotherhitjo b

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Romney isn't stupid he knew what would happen and they are so predictable it did. Now if Obama spoke at a White Convention for a White Association and got booed the media and Obama would be whining and screaming it's racism...in this case it was racism but no white person will say it except maybe me...They are a bunch of RACISTS!

They like those high unemployment numbers brought to them by their bro..so they want more of the same. They wonder why some think they are stupid.

Yes it was a teachable monment for our children. Racism is not just a white thing. Those that scream the loudest about it do it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

America Is Not The Same wrote:
House just voted on repealing Obama Care. Votes are in
241 Yes to repeal
191 NOT to repeal
Democrats are jumping Odumbo's ship of destruction
This Odumbo care fight is not over
Now we need to repeal Odumbo
What nonsense. If you think it would survive the Senate and Obama's veto pen, better reduce the firewater.
LION

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Nobody have failed blacks but blacks! Blacks need to stop whining and waiting for others to come to their rescue.
BLACKS NEED TO:
LION

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

BLACKS

need to form small investment groups and find things to ivnest in.
LION

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

BLACKS

need to get accounts with black owned banks or black owned credit unions.
LION

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

BLACKS

need to get their black churches to come together like they are doing in south carolina and start created black owned businesses.

“or Fox News”

Level 1

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

America Is Not The Same wrote:
House just voted on repealing Obama Care. Votes are in
241 Yes to repeal
191 NOT to repeal
Democrats are jumping Odumbo's ship of destruction
This Odumbo care fight is not over
Now we need to repeal Odumbo
Odd how NOTHING from any news source has mentioned this. You would think IF this were true FOX would be all over this and it would be all over the net...not a peep...no link to a source for this = pipe dream.

I subscribe to CNN's Breaking News and nothing.

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Level 1

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>What nonsense. If you think it would survive the Senate and Obama's veto pen, better reduce the firewater.
God no.. We just want the roll call vote or the appearance of; not caring..

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd how NOTHING from any news source has mentioned this. You would think IF this were true FOX would be all over this and it would be all over the net...not a peep...no link to a source for this = pipe dream.
House votes again to repeal 'Obamacare'
By Tom Curry, msnbc.com National Affairs Writer
Updated at 4:28pm ET The House voted Wednesday to repeal the 2010 health care overhaul that the United States Supreme Court upheld in a ruling two weeks ago. The vote was more symbolic than substantive since the Democratic-controlled Senate will not agree to repeal the law.

The vote was 244 to 185, with five Democrats voting for repeal and no Republican voting against.

The five Democrats were: Jim Matheson of Utah, Larry Kissell and Mike McIntyre of North Carolina, Dan Boren of Oklahoma, and Mike Ross of Arkansas.

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/0...

Just because progressives lie with ease about everything, just because this president is a better liar than even Bill Clinton, telling gigantic fibs, so many and so big that even the Washington Post gives him FOUR (4) PINNOCHIOS for his whoppers, is no reason to think WE are lying, a simple google or bing search would have told the story and you wouldn't have looked so dumb.

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL - See, that's the problem, CNN, with it's 100,000 or less watchers is dead in the water. You might as well rely on getting your information from the Pony Express.

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>What nonsense. If you think it would survive the Senate and Obama's veto pen, better reduce the firewater.
Of course not, it just put on record the number of Democrats who would vote for another TAX on the middle class. Nice of them to go on record (proving once again that the dems. are just the Tax and Spend Party!), it will help elect Republicans in many areas. Danka guys!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 118
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

402 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Black girls love white guys! (Oct '13) 4 min SadButTrue 45
Toxic have a psychopathic obsessive compulsive ... 5 min MOSES-II 1
Did you know SBT have an EXCESSIVE COMPULSIVE D... (Mar '12) 13 min MOSES-II 11
The Moors, Egyptians and Phoenicians were not b... 17 min African AE 1,001
homeland security prepares a race war 18 min And C 32
Old Loser BM want to be Coddled! lmao 18 min MOSES-II 2
Another BLACK man cheats on his WW 19 min SadButTrue 38
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 23 min Ugh 2,803
Another BM with a HOT WW Wife__----------- 43 min SadButTrue 471