Anti-US protests spread in Afghanistan, 7 killed- FBI dumps hundreds of controversial Muslim docs

Full story: Fox News 89
Feb. 21, 2012: An Afghan protester points towards a US soldier in front of the US base of Bagram during an anti US demonstration in Bagram north of Kabul, Afghanistan. Full Story
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#23 Feb 22, 2012
Actually, I take back that bit about British Muslims. The 7/7 bombers were almost universally disowned by them. The mass of British Muslims condemned the 7/7 killers like the rest of the people on the Earth. I just assumed that the guy from Leeds UK (who seems too dishonest even to keep the same moniker) would think of the 7/7 racists as some sort of heros.
Black Magic

Leeds, UK

#24 Feb 22, 2012
You people dont like the truth, Try googling the facts...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#25 Feb 22, 2012
Black Magic wrote:
You people dont like the truth, Try googling the facts...
I have. It is facts I have stated. You google some facts that contradict me/us. It is you that seem ignorant and uninformed.

Since: Jul 08

Bethel, CT

#26 Feb 22, 2012
Black Magic wrote:
<quoted text>The Taliban did almost end poppy cultivation and the UN admitted that cultivation of poppies went down dramatically when the Taliban was in power but after the invasion the western countries promised to stop all poppy farming, In fact it has gone up dramatically, Thank you USA and allies..
You support American GIs flogging Afghani farmers, cutting off their hands and heads then? I mean I do, I couldn't care less. I think they should open the soccer stadium for Saturday afternoon hangings. Maybe they can allow women to be buried up to their waist and stoned too. Lots of muslim type entertainment.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#27 Feb 22, 2012
cultivation of poppies

AND IF THE UNITED STATES TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN DO THEIR CIVIC DUTY AND ERADICATED THE DRUG POPPIES THAT'S GROUNDS FOR DISCIPLINARY ACTION OR DISMISSAL FROM THE MILITARY.

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>The poppy fields are not run by them but of course banks and industry make money.
The whole situation is a big pay off.
Tell me why this nation of strict Islamic thought has opium production.

The Taliban did almost end poppy cultivation and the UN admitted that cultivation of poppies went down dramatically when the Taliban was in power but after the invasion the western countries promised to stop all poppy farming, In fact it has gone up dramatically, Thank you USA and allies..
Black Magic wrote:
<quoted text>The Taliban did almost end poppy cultivation and the UN admitted that cultivation of poppies went down dramatically when the Taliban was in power but after the invasion the western countries promised to stop all poppy farming, In fact it has gone up dramatically, Thank you USA and allies..
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#29 Feb 22, 2012
EdSed wrote:
Actually, I take back that bit about British Muslims. The 7/7 bombers were almost universally disowned by them. The mass of British Muslims condemned the 7/7 killers like the rest of the people on the Earth. I just assumed that the guy from Leeds UK (who seems too dishonest even to keep the same moniker) would think of the 7/7 racists as some sort of heros.
I wonder if these religious freaks would be considered rascist??

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/students-set-fir...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#30 Feb 23, 2012
DENG wrote:
cultivation of poppies
AND IF THE UNITED STATES TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN DO THEIR CIVIC DUTY AND ERADICATED THE DRUG POPPIES THAT'S GROUNDS FOR DISCIPLINARY ACTION OR DISMISSAL FROM THE MILITARY.
<quoted text>The poppy fields are not run by them but of course banks and industry make money.
The whole situation is a big pay off.
Tell me why this nation of strict Islamic thought has opium production.
The Taliban did almost end poppy cultivation and the UN admitted that cultivation of poppies went down dramatically when the Taliban was in power but after the invasion the western countries promised to stop all poppy farming, In fact it has gone up dramatically, Thank you USA and allies..
<quoted text>
But the poppy production was only permitted because the Taliban violence had destroyed the economy and there was not other way for people to make any money. A lot of innocent farmers were being harmed by attempts by ISAF to end poppy production. Thank the Taliban.

The problem is mainly education. The Taliban are drawn from people who, even if they learn to read and write, only get a Mardrassa and Islamic "education". That is why these nutters are running around rioting and fighting over the burning of some Qurans. They aren't sitting in a comfortable home after a modern education like we are.(What's your excuse and the excuse of the guy from LeedsUK?)
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#31 Feb 23, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if these religious freaks would be considered rascist??
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/students-set-fir...
They are not educated to the level of a racist or a US/UK primary school child. They only know how to repeat "US is Great Satan & God is Great". That is the start and end of their 'education'. Look at the ignorance of some Westerners. What chance do those folk stand? I'm not exactly excusing their behaviour, but understanding it is the first step to resolving it.

Many of the Taliban who are attacking ISAF, the ANA and Afghan police are from Pakistan. Again, the problem in much of Pakistan is lack of a proper education and we see that in itself is not the only problem. There is a cultural one too. Look at the attitude of some educated people on Topix. And consider the government ministers in Africa who have degrees and believe in witchcraft. Mugabe has two degrees, I believe. Education doesn't overcome all indoctrination, especially amongst people prone to be superstitious. Cultures like that of the Taliban are over 100 years behind Western cultures, but it's not politically correct to say how ignorant and backward they are. It is how to spread education of enough quality and extent to modernise the country that is the problem.

People need food, power, security and jobs as well as schools. It all needs to be done at once. IF security can be achieved and maintained when the West withdraws, we can help them build the other aspects of a modern society from outside the country.

We had better hope the Pakistanis can maintain their own stability. Half their country is madrassa educated. The boys that is. Sometimes the girls seem to miss out altogether. Empowering women is part of modern society and Pakistan is even having trouble with that in parts of that country of 187 millions.

Note: Taliban is a catch-all term and there are 'taliban' who support the Afghan Govt of course.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#32 Feb 23, 2012
Someone is making a lot of money off spilled American blood.
Want to know where America's money is? Follow the blood trail.

It came out of our pockets, to the Defense Department that then hired numerous private contract companies to go to Iraq and overcharge for services that soldiers and Iraqi civilians could easily have done.

These companies made a huge fortune during the Iraq war and many are still there rebuilding roads, bridges and mosques. Those lucky enough to have invested in them also made a huge fortune. Think about it. Who do think would have been most likely to invest in these companies during wartime? Possibly the same people who started the war in the first place?
Texasjust777

Texarkana, TX

#33 Feb 23, 2012
Devil usa wrote:
<quoted text>Why forget the fact that the usa created OBL, So you like to sniff afghans / somalians but not americans i dont blame you why smell americans when you always have that shiety stink with and boy you sure do STINK....
I don't think that we should be burning the quoran there, unless of course I happen to see an American flag being burned by one of them. When I see that, then I will do what I want to with their heathen book. Leave my flag alone, and I will leave the Quoran alone.
Army vet

Miami, FL

#34 Feb 23, 2012
What many of you tunnel visioned typical, NON military serving republiklans are to stupid to grasp is that when USA military burns the Quran in Afghanistan , we put our troops in greater peril from civilians.

Not that you Rush Limbaugh fans could care less.

We are in THEIR Islamic country . Afghanistan is not part of USA .

It is unreal and strange as hell that this was done because even a newbie in country knows not to do this.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#35 Feb 23, 2012
Army vet wrote:
What many of you tunnel visioned typical, NON military serving republiklans are to stupid to grasp is that when USA military burns the Quran in Afghanistan , we put our troops in greater peril from civilians.
It is unreal and strange as hell that this was done because even a newbie in country knows not to do this.
Big deal.
British Expat

Ginestas, France

#36 Feb 23, 2012
Army vet wrote:
Everything in this post is true! However, Warmongering continues to make big profits. Stuff the dead and maimed on all sides, they don't count. Corporate greed is in control! For now!!!
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#37 Feb 23, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>They are not educated to the level of a racist or a US/UK primary school child. They only know how to repeat "US is Great Satan & God is Great". That is the start and end of their 'education'. Look at the ignorance of some Westerners. What chance do those folk stand? I'm not exactly excusing their behaviour, but understanding it is the first step to resolving it.
Many of the Taliban who are attacking ISAF, the ANA and Afghan police are from Pakistan. Again, the problem in much of Pakistan is lack of a proper education and we see that in itself is not the only problem. There is a cultural one too. Look at the attitude of some educated people on Topix. And consider the government ministers in Africa who have degrees and believe in witchcraft. Mugabe has two degrees, I believe. Education doesn't overcome all indoctrination, especially amongst people prone to be superstitious. Cultures like that of the Taliban are over 100 years behind Western cultures, but it's not politically correct to say how ignorant and backward they are. It is how to spread education of enough quality and extent to modernise the country that is the problem.
People need food, power, security and jobs as well as schools. It all needs to be done at once. IF security can be achieved and maintained when the West withdraws, we can help them build the other aspects of a modern society from outside the country.
We had better hope the Pakistanis can maintain their own stability. Half their country is madrassa educated. The boys that is. Sometimes the girls seem to miss out altogether. Empowering women is part of modern society and Pakistan is even having trouble with that in parts of that country of 187 millions.
Note: Taliban is a catch-all term and there are 'taliban' who support the Afghan Govt of course.
The PROBLEM is their screw-ball religion; which will prevent Afghanistan from every becoming a civilized country and as you said about Pakistan, "Sometimes the girls seem to miss out altogether". Once again, their religion. In fact, the number one reason that women in Pakistan are in prison is that they are RAPE VICTIMS; but the male rapist claims the women wanted it so they, the women, are guilty.

And look how Muslims have DEGRADED culture in the UK. They bring misery, pverty and bigotry whereever they show up.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#38 Feb 23, 2012
Big deal, we burned a stupid book. Guess we should have used it for latrine duty instead.
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#39 Feb 23, 2012
Army vet wrote:
RIGHT! We should NOT BE in their country. But we aren't even "mewbies".

When the US was in Afghanistan, in the 80's, assisting the Afghan people in their war against Soviet Imperialism, the military goals were defined and our support was peripheral----SUCCESS!
----------

The downward turning point in the United States military history BEGAN with the election of the GLOBALIST Presidents, starting with Bush Sr., whose goal was not a strong America, but rather a "New World Order".

Like the burning of the Koran; when George Bush Sr. sent troops to protect the GLOBALISTS strongest mid-East ally, Saudi Arabia, Muslims were OUTRAGED that we had troops in their Holy Land.

Osama bin Laden, from Afghan fame, had offered his considerable services to the Saudi king but was turned down BECAUSE of Bush Srs. lead in this war. Had Bush Sr. been a pro-American President, instead of a GLOBALIST President, he could have employed the same stategies that Carter/Reagan did in Afghanistan and Reagan did in the Iraq/Iran War. That is, as a pro-active, peripheral player.

If that had been the case, Osama bin Laden would have been at war with Sadamm Hussein and neither the 1993 attempt on the WTC or the subsequent 9-11 attacks would have happened. Ergo, no TROOPS in Afghanistan.
British Expat

Ginestas, France

#40 Feb 23, 2012
RACE wrote:
Big deal, we burned a stupid book. Guess we should have used it for latrine duty instead.
I agree mate. Just like the bible, another crappy novel. Thin pages. Ideal for shithouse paper!

The Athiest.

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#41 Feb 23, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to know where America's money is? Follow the blood trail.
It came out of our pockets, to the Defense Department that then hired numerous private contract companies to go to Iraq and overcharge for services that soldiers and Iraqi civilians could easily have done.
These companies made a huge fortune during the Iraq war and many are still there rebuilding roads, bridges and mosques. Those lucky enough to have invested in them also made a huge fortune. Think about it. Who do think would have been most likely to invest in these companies during wartime? Possibly the same people who started the war in the first place?
Certainly some profit in war. But to indict the DoD and all contractors as excessive profiteers is too broad a brush. Can you point out the NYSE code for a couple of such contractors whose stock has appreciated dramatically due to their doing contract work in Afghanistan? I personally am opposed to nation building projects, but when contractors can do work that makes soldiers available to do their soldiering rather than administrative tasks, good.

Since: Jul 08

Bethel, CT

#42 Feb 23, 2012
RACE wrote:
I use mine for lining the cat litter boxes and the bird's cage.
British Expat

Ginestas, France

#43 Feb 23, 2012
CTYankee wrote:
<quoted text>
I use mine for lining the cat litter boxes and the bird's cage.
Hee hee, I use any written religous nonsense for the same purpose.

Quran/Bible ect.ect.ect. Thousands of crappy novels/religions.

But! The Kama Sutra is interesting, even at the the age of 79. lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kabol, Afghanistan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 min SpaceBlues 33,115
Afghan mullah jailed for 20 years for rape Wed Faridmuti 3
New Afghan govt to sign BSA on Tuesday: Spanta ... Sep 30 Tim 2
Why Afghanistan's 'Underground Girls' Skirt Tra... Sep '14 Faridmuti 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Sep '14 Min 44
Retired general to coordinate Iraq, Syria effort Sep '14 Eli 1
COFFEY: Frustrated by Greece, Macedonia proves ... Sep '14 Blagoja 10

Kabol, Afghanistan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE