Wyomissing Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Wyomissing, PA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Wyomissing Law

What will happen if I did not receive a citation for an underage, even though I got breathalyzed?
I was walking back from a party and was stopped by the police. I got breathalyzed and was told what was going to happen, but was not given a citation like the other two people who were with me.
They can choose to charge you, or they can choose to not do so. Stop risking your future.
When i was 17 in the month of July i was charged with a DUI. I am now 21 and got a DUI last night. Will I serve jail time?
Also, since i was 17, will this count as a second DUI or a first offense? Am I eligible for ARD? Should i seek a lawyer or use a public defender? Thank you!
Yes a 2nd. No to ARD. You do have options. Contact a local qualified criminal defense attorney to review your case,...
Would I have a case against a restaurant chain for continuing to serve someone who was drunk despite me asking they stop?
Met up w/friends for dinner. During this time a friend's BF began to become belligerent & act like a jerk, so my friend ask I take her home. Before we left we stopped at the bar & told both bartenders to not serve him anymore, that he's drunk & has to drive home. They agreed. We left. Then we quickly felt bothered by this so we turned around and headed back to the restaurant. He was now sitting at the bar with shot glasses. This was in a 15-20min time frame. The boyfriend now makes a scene he is very eradic and flees the bar, I looked at the tab and they served him 3shots and a beer!!! This after we asked and they agreed not to. In the mean time my friend tried to get him to stop, but he made it to the car and took off. Hour goes by & he is in jail DUI. Is there ample cause to take action?
There would most likely be no liability on part of the bartender for someone receiving a DUI. However, there is...
I received a DUI in Pennsylvania roughly an hour away from the university I attend roughly a year ago. Will my school find out?
I received it almost a year ago, I have not heard anything from my university. I'm halfway done with completing probation and ARD with no issues at all so far. Will my university somehow find out about this? They haven't contacted me in regards to the arrest so far, and it's almost been an entire academic year.
I do not know. However, it is important to know that completion of ARD is NOT a conviction. You never have to say you...
I was working for USPS, not even moving, and I was hit by a drunk driver, do I need a lawyer?
I was knocked out and have a concussion that has kept me from work for 2 months
Yes you do. What you should do is contact. An experienced personal injury attorney right away.
2 DUI's in a 3 week time span, what am I looking at?
I'm not sure what my BAC was on the first one because I refused to do the breathalyzer. After being processed and giving blood, I blew to see if I could be released and it was roughly .13 something. My second one I blew a .111 I haven't gotten anything regarding the first one, I imagine it takes a bit of time. Are my chances of getting into the ARD program pretty much done?
Typically a district attorney's office will not approve ARD for a defendant with 2 pending DUIs. That is a general...
What are my chances of being let go.
I was stopped at red light on a dead city street. Police van was next to me. light turned green but i was asking a passenger in rear where to drip him off at. police told me go. i said go ahead no yet. they got out of vehicle to question me and called back up. i said i didnt do anything wrong officer i sbouldnt have to give u id or anything. Bottom line i refused the bac tests they tried to plant drugs in my vehicle its been a few days and. no paper work was givin to me just a car impound and dropped me off at home to not go to a station or anything. idk whats going to happen. I plead the 5th they kept asking me questions after words I didn't not fall or wobble it was freezing out and I had been driving all day on four hrs sleep. Sorry for simple for of text some places just was in a rush.
You were smart to not give the police a statement. I recommend you hire a local attorney, especially because you have...