Worthington Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Worthington, OH or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Worthington Law

Do I have any grounds to fight an OVI charge 4511.19A1A First time OVI
Driving during a snow storm. Car slid on ice, off the road into a empty field. Hit head on steering wheel. Got out of car a bit confused and after sometime a local deputy arrived. While outside car talked with him momentarily and for some reason I ran. Wound up being found by deputy short time later laying face down in snow. EMT was on scene and I was treated for hypothermia body temp of 84 deg. While laying in EMT a different highway patrolman came in and asked questions, I said I was driving and he also performed a HGN. Allegedly had 4 cues. Taken to hospital and eventually asked to give blood sample by Highway patrolman. I indicated I would provide breath test and would not provide blood. BMV 2255 read to me and charged with refusal. Time of violation was 17:25 and time of refusal 21:57
First off, glad to hear you're alive (considering the accident & your body temperature. Next, the Trooper was not...
Should I hire an attorney for underage drinking charges ?
After work one night my two friends went over to another friends house and played some video games. They were smoking marijuana ( I did not partake in those festivities because I am on diversion). After a while they get hungry and leave to go get food, so my two friends and I leave. Shortly after leaving my friend got pulled ove. The cop said he smelt marijuana in the car and continued to ask us if we smoked or if we had some in the car. I said no to both questions (unknowingly he did) but he took the blame for that. When I first rolled down my window the cop said my breath smelt like alcohol. Then proceeded to ask me to take a breathalyzer, I declined. He then charged me with underage consumption. He did not perform field sobriety tests either. I was not drinking. What should I do ?
Yes you should retain an attorney. It sounds like you may have a defense although refusing the breath test will need...
Can I have a lawyer from ohio request extention of community service to an California court
lived in CA received dui moved to Ohio within three weeks (was already in works) had CA lawyer, finally found possible community service but may need extension ,do not want to use CA lawyer(issues)
Only if you find an attorney who is licensed in California working in Ohio. There probably aren't many. I suggest you...
Is this an acceptable plea deal for my OVI? (1st time)
Pulled over for OVI in Delaware County. Another driver had called in about my driving. I was driving slowly and braking often trying to read road signs at night as I was lost. Officer stopped me as I pulled into a parking lot but did not witness any impaired driving. I did not blow. Officer arrested me and I spent the night in jail. I have been offered a plea deal of reckless op (4 pts), defensive driving course (-2pts), 3 day treatment, 6 month suspension w/ privileges. Is this a good deal? Is there a lesser charge to plea? Can I counter? Should I go to trial? Prosecutor has already stated that he didn't want this to go to trial due to lack of case.
These questions should be addressed to your attonrey that is familiar with all the details of the case. You can't get...
If I have already been sentenced to a 2 year license suspension for a DUI, can I still fight to decrease that time?
it was a second DUI offense, last one was 3 months away from being 6 years ago and it was also the morning after while I was driving home from a party. The prosecutor sentenced me to 10 days jail and 1 year license suspension. On the day of the sentencing the judge didn't go with that, instead changed it to 2 years license suspension. I just wanted to know if it was too late to fight that since the judge sentenced me or if theres a way to get it back down to 1 year.
You can file a motion to modify a sentence. The court has the power to alter any sentence it imposes. However, such...
Can oh disqualify my cdl for an out of state dui that was still an open case in the ard program. Not yet expunged
In the driver seat in Pa parked I was turned in to the law for alcohol on breath. Completed ard August 17, 2014. Was notified of disqualification soon after by oh
Yes, Ohio can disqualify your CDL for an out of state DUI charge. You should meet with an attorney to go over the exact...
Our son was given an underage citation at the Wisconsin football game this past Saturday, inside the stadium.
He is 18 and was not caught drinking in the stadium. We live in Ohio, he attends Eastern Kentucky Univ, and he was visiting with friends for the weekend. He is in the Homeland Security programs at EKU and his intent is work for one of several Government Agencies, DEA, ICE, etc.. As I review the paperwork he was given, I can not determine 1) if he was arrested, booked, or just cited and paid the fee to be released. This happened on 9/20/14 and his court date is 10/3/14. It will very tough for him either our son, or us to appear in court to refute these charges. I am not at all familiar with Wisconsin Law and need some advice as to how we should proceed. Please advise us on on best next steps. Thanks
The next best step and the only step to take now is to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney in Madison, WI...