Westerville Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Westerville, OH or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

  • Local men plead guilty to child porn charges

    Tuesday Feb 24 | via This Week Community News 

    Justin D. Iddings, 30, of Allview Road pleaded guilty in Franklin County Municipal Court to two counts of pandering sexually oriented material involving a minor in January, and was sentenced to four years in prison Feb. 20. Iddings was arrested March 27, 2014, and charged with second-degree and fourth-degree felony counts of pandering sexually oriented material involving a minor, after members of the Franklin County Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force executed a search warrant at his home. Iddings was a Franklin County Sheriff's deputy, and was fired a little more than a week after his arrest.


    Related Topix: Franklin County, OH, Westerville, OH

  • Powell: Two arrested in January armed-robbery attempt

    Tuesday Feb 24 | via This Week Community News 

    Powell police arrested two suspects last week in connection with an attempted armed robbery at a city home in late January. A resident of the city's Olentangy Ridge subdivision called police shortly after 8 p.m. Jan. 28 to report that a man rang the home's doorbell, then displayed a handgun.


    Related Topix: Powell, OH, Delaware County, OH, Westerville, OH

Westerville Law

After work one night my two friends went over to another friends house and played some video games. They were smoking marijuana ( I did not partake in those festivities because I am on diversion). After a while they get hungry and leave to go get food, so my two friends and I leave. Shortly after leaving my friend got pulled ove. The cop said he smelt marijuana in the car and continued to ask us if we smoked or if we had some in the car. I said no to both questions (unknowingly he did) but he took the blame for that. When I first rolled down my window the cop said my breath smelt like alcohol. Then proceeded to ask me to take a breathalyzer, I declined. He then charged me with underage consumption. He did not perform field sobriety tests either. I was not drinking. What should I do ?
Yes you should retain an attorney. It sounds like you may have a defense although refusing the breath test will need...
I got my DUI / OVI in April(1st offense). I completed all the sentencing terms from the court. Paid the fine, did the DIP and other programmes required. I was given a 2 year Probation. The probation is the only remaining thing. I have to go for visa stamping now. How can i get my case as closed for the court final disposition document, so that i can submit that at the consulate for my visa stamping, since it is very risky for me not to have that document. I have completed all the required programmes and have the documentation for that. The probation is the only one which is left and it is for 2 years. my case was in the Upper Arlington County clerk of courts, Columbus, OH. Please Help and Advise. Thanks.
You should go to the clerk's office and ask for the judgment and sentencing journal entries. They may be one entry or...
DUI arrest 6 years ago in Col. OH. Officer pulled me over b/c said I was speeding, then immediately asked if I was drinking. I asked how fast I was going, said I was going 85 in a 65; I said that was odd since I had my cruise set @ 69 mph which flustered officer & then asked me to step out of car-I then asked to see radar gun, lots more to story after, but after a while they asked me to take breath test I refused & arrested me for DUI. In court highway patrol "lost" the video but was told the judge wouldn't drop the case as he is tough judge & didn't care. Charge was reduced to reckless op, I had no probation but license suspension for refusing to blow. Was told I could get the reckless op expunged & need to do so for work, but I seem to get different answers. Can this be expunged & how?
You should consult a local DUI attorney, who should be able to answer your question quickly and during the free...
Hi, I live in Ohio and I am on probation. I do not drink (as it is a term of my probation), but my friend who is also on probation does. She often drives us home. If she got stopped for DUI, would I get arrested or in trouble with my PO for any reason? Also, if she has drugs in her purse, would I get in trouble for that for any reason if it is not in my possession?
Yes. Your PO will assume that if she has drugs, or is drinking, that you are all together to drink and / or use-- so as...
lived in CA received dui moved to Ohio within three weeks (was already in works) had CA lawyer, finally found possible community service but may need extension ,do not want to use CA lawyer(issues)
Only if you find an attorney who is licensed in California working in Ohio. There probably aren't many. I suggest you...
Pulled over for OVI in Delaware County. Another driver had called in about my driving. I was driving slowly and braking often trying to read road signs at night as I was lost. Officer stopped me as I pulled into a parking lot but did not witness any impaired driving. I did not blow. Officer arrested me and I spent the night in jail. I have been offered a plea deal of reckless op (4 pts), defensive driving course (-2pts), 3 day treatment, 6 month suspension w/ privileges. Is this a good deal? Is there a lesser charge to plea? Can I counter? Should I go to trial? Prosecutor has already stated that he didn't want this to go to trial due to lack of case.
These questions should be addressed to your attonrey that is familiar with all the details of the case. You can't get...
it was a second DUI offense, last one was 3 months away from being 6 years ago and it was also the morning after while I was driving home from a party. The prosecutor sentenced me to 10 days jail and 1 year license suspension. On the day of the sentencing the judge didn't go with that, instead changed it to 2 years license suspension. I just wanted to know if it was too late to fight that since the judge sentenced me or if theres a way to get it back down to 1 year.
You can file a motion to modify a sentence. The court has the power to alter any sentence it imposes. However, such...