Vincennes Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Vincennes, IN or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Vincennes Law

Pretrial 3 years later
I was charged with an owi in April of 2012 and my former lawyer pushed the court date so many times that it is now scheduled for March 2015. What might I expect after such a delay?
Only your atty or a local atty could offer an educated opinion regarding your ? which must include all the facts...
Is is possible to have OWI removed from driving record?
I was arrested for an OWI in Indiana nearly 3 years ago. I had my license suspended for 180 days. I just recently went to court for the charge and thanks to the work of my lawyer, the charge was reduced to a Public Intox. So since the conviction is for a P.I., is it possible to have the OWI removed from my driving record along with the need for the SR-22? Having in on my record is making it extremely difficult to find affordable insurance for my car! I'm 33 and have had no tickets or arrests at all other than the OWI. Never had an accident. So i hate the idea of that OWI causing so much trouble for me on insurance costs.
What is probably on your record is the administrative suspension for having above a .08 BAC. It may be possible if the...
I got my 2'nd DUI (3 years apart) five years ago. I have moved one state away since then. How do i aproach getting a license?
I need to know how to aproach obtaining a drivers license in my "NEW" state? My fines and terms are complete.
Most states communicate with each other as to the status of a person's driving privileges. If you are revoked in one...
How do i get a couple dui's exponged so i can get off the htv list
i have 3 DUI convictions,didnt have money for a lawyer at the time,so i had signed the plea agreements ,in turn i became a habitual traffic offender,i just wanted to know what to do???
Well n California they cannot be expunged, not sure in your state. Check with your local DMV
Is it possible to get another judge if I were to move to a different county?
I have been sentenced to 3 years of probation and a 3 year license suspension due to a DUI with an OWI prior. My judge is a stickler and Im trying to at least get unsupervised probation so I dont have to make trips in to the PO office. I cannot afford to get a hardship license and have no need for one since I live right by my work and he only allows you to use it for that purpose. Ive been on probation for 1 year now with no issues. So, my question here is, if I successfully get my case transferred to another state/county would I also be assigned a new judge if I ever wanted to go back in to get my license back early? If not how will I ever get my license back sooner than 2 more years? Any advice would be appreciated Thank you
I am not licensed in Indiana, but in California, where I am licensed, the answer is no. Probation is a contract with a...
I received an OWI in Indiana with a license from Az.
My dogs got loose so I drove the vehicle approx. 51 ft. in the alley by my house and opened the door so they would jump in. Police were called because the dogs were loose and when they arrived they arrested me for an OWI. My license was from Az but was revoked because I never reinstated it. The police never said anything about it. They did not ask me to give it to them either. What do you think will happen?
I am not licensed in Indiana, but in California, where I am licensed, you would most likely be charged with OWI and...
How can I get my reinstatement fees waived after getting a dui?
I plead guilty other than dui my background is not bad
Your background has nothing to do with it. You have to be indigent. Consult with a traffic attorney to see whether you...