Vermilion Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Vermilion, OH or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News


Vermilion Law

If I was driving at 1:30 a.m. from Vermilion, Ohio (vermilion township) and was pulled over because the light over my license plate was out, but still had to take a sobriety test and breathalyzer but blew .078 can I still get a OVI? The officer also said he would put on the record I was polite, respectful, and was driving fine (no swerving/speeding) and when asked if I seemed drunk or coherent, he said I seemed coherent and "with it". I was let go and didn't get my license suspended but still got a pink ticket with an ovi charge. Officer said since I had some alcohol in my system a judge can decide what to do, even tho the amount in my system was over the limit. So I have to go to court for all this, the light out and ovi (.078), what should I say/do? What is the probable outcome or your best advice??
Tag light out is good probable cause to stop. Did you get a ticket? Hire an attorney
i got a dui with my child in the back seat. i blew a 0.123 on the breathalizer what is going to be my punishment
A first offense OVI -- low tier (over .08 but less than .17) -- is a misdemeanor of the first degree which carries...
This past summer I was stopped by the cost guard for a safety inspection on my dinghy. I passed the safety inspection, but was turned over to the local police and charged with DUI. I went to the local court and paid the fine. Yesterday the coast guard sent a citation for DUI with a $1000.00 fine. Can I be charged twice for the same offence?
There are some cases in which you can be charged under both Federal and State Law based on the same incident. For...
I pulled into a bar parking lot in a space, and a drunk driver backed out after I was stationary. It scraped the car and caused damage. The man did not have insurance, was driving under suspension and was arrested for being intoxicated. The police said they could not direct fault or do anything since it was private parking. I was not injured, but not my car is damaged. What can I do?
You can always sue the other driver, but how will you require, as he does not have insurance, unless he has private...
I am being charged with OVI, failure to reinstate my license, Lanes of travel, and a BAC of .263. I also do not have insurance.
Best action is to find a lawyer ASAP. That lawyer can advise you as to your best option.
We are waiting for the Judge's decision from the trial, mother has become more unstable since the trial. Can we still file a motion to change and/or stop the visits or do we have to wait til a decision has been made on our case?
This is a question best posed to your attorney. Only your attorney can possibly understand the actual posture of your case.
this is my first offence, i already did 3 days in jail and am terrified that i will be kick out of school
Doubtful. See: It appears that it only prohibits you from being...