Tiverton Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Tiverton, RI or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Tiverton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tiverton Law

I was charged wit DUI , but dont have any paperwork on it and dont know where to go
You should contact the clerk of courts in the county where you were charged with the DUI/OVI. They will have the...
I'm just not sure where I need to go... are there certified providers, or can anybody offer a class? I want to go to the right place.
The simplest answer is to ask your probation officer. He will know who is approved and who is not. Next you can likely...
Two of my friends and I were on a beach in Newport RI. There was an open beer next to us that one of us had been drinking. Cops came over and told us that they had been called because a bunch of people were splitting a 30-rack and getting drunk on the beach (the cops saw them leaving as the they arrived). They said that they had to give us a ticket "in case anyone was watching," but assured us it was no big deal and like a parking ticket. The ticket didn't say how much it was on it and "like a parking ticket" didn't sound like a big deal so we weren't too worried. We just got the ticket (which was written out to just one of us) and it's for nearly 500 dollars. One thing that's weird is the beach name written on the ticket is a slang name, not the official name if that helps. Advice?
Bring it to court, the cop will probably reduce or dismiss it there. If not, fight it and point the finger at your...
When I went to court it was treated as a first offence and I was charged with a refusal. DUI was expunged. Will I lose my CDL indefinitely or can I fight to keep my license due to the "look back" law.
I am admittedly not a DUI practitioner. However, in my personal injury practice I have found myself at the RI Traffic...
I paid the fine on the spot, there is no court or anything. There is only a few week ban of driving here in Austria.
Are there Canadian lawyers on Avvo?
I had a breathalyzer refusal in 1987 in RI. Went through it back then and never had a problem since. Moved back to MA last month and they told me I was suspended in RI for unpaid fines. The date it has on my MA driving record shows 2011. I contacted RI and they told me not everything was paid back then and I didn't go to the 8 hour alcohol education class. My immediate problem is that I have to produce a license for my new job by next week. I'm wondering if I need to hire someone or just go to the office in Cranston and talk to them?
Unless you have proof that you did what they say you did not, I doubt talking will get you far. (The RI Traffic Court...
It was my second refusal and the police officer did not see it. They filed it in judicial court but the judge dismissed it and said it may get transferred to district court which is where they originally needed to file it. Since they dismissed the charge can I still be taken to district court?
You should consult with an experienced DUI attorney in your area who can look into your situation in more detail. With...