Tega Cay Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Tega Cay, SC or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Tega Cay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tega Cay Law

I was a licensed SC driver and was convicted of my 1st DWI in NC in Oct '07. My license was suspended for a year. I was then convicted of a 2nd misdemeanor DUI in SC in Jan '11 and a 3rd misdemeanor DWI in NC in Feb '11. These last 2 convictions haven't been reported to the other state's DMV as of yet (nearly 3 years). The SCDMV shows I was eligible to receive my license back in January of 2012 but NC reports I'm suspended until Feb. 2015. I am aware that further suspensions could result if & when NC/SC find out about the third DWI/DUI. I've tried to contact the courts & both state's DMVs to try and make them aware of the 3rd offense to no avail. I decided to wait until the NC suspension is up in 2015 to attempt to restore driving privileges but still fear suspensions then. What can I do?
Really the best thing to do is just wait out the process and not needlessly inform other states about these offenses....
I was convicted of three misdemeanor charges of Driving Under the Influence in NC/SC six years ago all in a span of one year. Since then, I have completed a bachelor's degree in psychology and a master's degree in criminal justice while working full-time. and staying clean and sober. I would like to be a substance abuse counselor and obtain my Master of Social Work. However, I am hesitant to spend the time and money acquiring this degree if ultimately I will be denied licensure. Can anyone offer sound advice as to whether this would be a worthwhile endeavor or an exercise in futility?
You don't have a problem in the DUI category -- you have a problem in the professional licensing or administrative law...
Why can I not receive provisionals? I work ,have completed adsap,attend community support groups and have been clean and sober since 3/9/2012.Also I transport my dad who is disabled to veterans hospital
I have a couple of different thoughts. First, if you had an attorney on the 2011 DUI, give them a call and talk to them....
I live in South Carolina, but got my DUI in North Carolina. My license was suspended for 1 year, paid the fines, and completed all alcohol classes. My attorney at the time said I may have to get the interlock system installed, but if I waited for 3 years to reinstate my license I wouldn't have to. I wanted a second opinion because her knowledge of the laws with me being from a different state was limited. I did not know this until after I hired her.
Most attorneys are only truly familiar with the law in the state in which they practice. You may want to consider...
First offense - blew . 18 , ( has metal bonded retainers - was a question asked by attorney - seemed relevant to him ) but the private attorney consult indicated he could plead to DUAC , pay a $ 1000 fine and enter a treatment program . Once completed , if he stays clear for 3 years , the charge can be expunged from his record . Is this true ? Will the PD ask for / get the same reduced charge . He was also charged with failure to yield and unlawful start of a vehicle . The private attorney said these could be dropped . Of course , he costs 4K where the PD is free which leaves more money for the fines / programs .
Although I do not practice in your jurisdiction, I can attest that public defenders are usually very competent and very...
Is the portable breath alizer the same as the car one?
It might be. It's unclear if you have an ignition interlock device as part of a plea agreement or some other type of...
seen the accident and call for a ambulance, they took all of them to the hospital, the state trooper showed up at the hospital and requested a blood test because she had been drinking, she was under current investagition with DSS thus DSS took custody of the kids and placed them. They were unable to proceed with the Adjudication hearing because the blood work had not come back. It is very clear she placed the children in danger. How long will it take it happened in Union County for this blood work to come back and will they test for other drugs because she has a problem with them also?
YOu need to ask the County officials for this information.