Selma Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Selma, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

  • Last 'Freedom Train' makes its final trip in California

    Monday Jan 19 | via KMPH-TV Fresno 

    The last of the nation's "Freedom Trains" paying homage to Martin Luther King Jr. is set to make its final trip in California after 30 years of operation. The last of the nation's "Freedom Train" rides to pay tribute to Martin Luther King Jr. has made its final trip in California after more than 30 years of operation.


    Related Topix: Martin Luther King, Jr., Selma, Selma, CA

  • Police: Teen daughter tried to wrest gun from Selma ...

    Tuesday Jan 6 | via The Fresno Bee 

    Selma Police Chief Greg Garner addresses the media during a news conference Tuesday afternoon about the murder suicide Monday that left three dead. The teenage daughter of the Selma man who murdered his longtime girlfriend and her cousin on Monday tried to wrestle the gun from her father, thinking she was about to become his next victim.


    Related Topix: Violent Crime, Selma, CA, Fresno County, CA

  • Mother of seven and her cousin shot dead by the woma...

    Tuesday Jan 6 | via Daily Mail 

    'I hope my dad doesn't make it either': Teen girl's heartbreaking post on learning her father had just killed her mom-of-seven and auntie 'in row over money' before turning gun on himself Police say Loza's boyfriend of 15 years, Eduardo Escobar, turned the gun on himself after killing the two women Miss Loza, a native of Mexico, leaves behind six daughters and a young son; Cervantes was married with a young daughter Two women and a man were shot and killed in broad daylight Monday in what California investigators are calling a murder-suicide. Officers in Selma, southeast of Fresno, responded to reports of shots fired at around 2.15pm Monday, only to discover a woman lying mortally wounded in the street.


    Related Topix: Selma, CA

  • Law officers surround home near Selma to capture att...

    Dec 22, 2014 | via The Fresno Bee 

    Fresno County Sheriff deputies discuss tactics as they hold an area near Willow and Mountain View west of Selma where a wanted attempted homicide suspect was hiding, Monday, Dec. 22, 2014. A Laton man wanted for an attempted homicide in Hanford was chased Monday by authorities in southern Fresno County, which has led to a SWAT call near Selma, Fresno County sheriff's officials said.


    Related Topix: Fresno County, CA, Selma, CA, Laton, CA, Hanford, CA

Selma Law

i have a case for stchatory rape pending that was brought upon me by my ex-wife and her family that hate me. the case is all hear-say and i have a lawyer working on it looks like the case will be dropped because its clear they set me up and im innocent they said the most that will happen is it get dropped to a misdeeminer and i have to do some time but will not have to register! even if i get it dropped to a misdeminer what are my chances of getting full to 50-50 custody? my ex-wife is telling me she will make sure i never see my son again and as far as he will know his father is dead! she herself has told me she wishes she never had him, and she wants to just die! my dui was a one time thing and i did attend AA.all i want is my son. how do you think this will hold up in court
There are a lot of issues here that cannot be resolved with a simple answer. You will need a good family law attorney...
I got a dui last year and my exwife refuses to let me see my son. i am going to fight for full custody of our 1.5 year old son and i know he would much rather be with me. how much will my dui affect my case?
Ues a DUI criminal record may have and affect upon your chances of getting full custody of your child. To what extent...
My case expires on February 17,I have a little over a month to go, I was told to do nothing g and lay low, can please someone be more elaborate and in detail on what I need to do wit the DMV and what I need to do to seal or expunge the arrest? Please advise
You did not pose an immigration related question and I will re-tag for you.
I received my DUI last February, i have been periodically checking every two weeks to see if i have a warrant out. 11 months in, i think it expires on February 17. What do i do after the 17th to ensure that it has been closed? Please advise.
There is no next step. If the case isn't filed within one year of the arrest date, that's it. Nothin to do. Unless...
In September 2014 I was arrested for a D.U.I, which happens to be my first. I went to my court date but no charges were filed and The D.A has yet to file any charges. Since my 4 months suspension with the D.M.V is near, I called the D.M.V to find out what I needed to do to reinstate my driver's license. The young woman advised me that I would have to pay a $125 fee and provide a SR-22 certificate. I told her that I have not been convicted. She said that it doesn't matter. I checked with my car insurance and they said that I had to be convicted for them to give me a SR-22. Do I have to pay a $125 fee and provide a SR-22 to the D.M.V even if I haven't been convicted?
It appears you have already made several blunders. Stop playing attorney.
Well the first three happened within 10 yrs. I'm done and have complied with all they had me do. That said, I have no probation or anything. This October I picked up my fourth. Even though my first one no longer counts since it has passed 10 yrs. Is it still possible that I can do prison or even county time? Your feedback would be gladly appreciated. I've been contemplating checking in to rehab but I don't want to eventually do time.thanks!
The 2004, 2007 and 2014 now equal 3 within 10 years. If there were no injuries or deaths than prison time is almost an...
CHP flashed their lights for me to pull over but I didn't stop , but they didn't pursuit . 10 minutes later I pulled on my drive way and parked as I was getting out they pulled up and arrested me . They said they were waiting for me around the corner . I was cooperative and gave them no trouble . Initially I was being pulled over for a non-working tail light . I'm confused and don't know what will happen if I decide to fight my case .
On the surface it looks like you have a good case to at least consider putting up a good fight. I don't know how you...