Schaumburg Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Schaumburg, IL or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Schaumburg Law

My ex did not have valid drivers license for over 10 years. After our separation, court ordered him not to drive our kids without valid drivers license. About two years ago he got his RDP, then he told that he's getting his permanent drivers license in September of 2013, which didn't happen. He extended his RDP on July and he was ordered to install BAID in his car. He drove without it from July, and said that he got it installed on October 10th or so. Is it possible?? From what I read he had to install it within 14 days here in Illinois. Reason I am asking is, because I don't want him to drive our children around when they are with him, because he has a drinking problem. Is there any way I can obtain copies of the records so I know for sure? Thank You!
14 days. They may catch that on his next monitoring report. But of course they can't prove he was driving with the BAIID
I was drinking in my home around 8-9pm, room mate called the police. Was asked to step outside were i was charged with disorderly conduct. I was not abusive and cooperated with the officers. Will i need a lawyer or are there any loop holes in which i can get these charges expunged? i do not want any negative charges on my record whatsoever.
You need an attorney. I'm sure the police report will say something different.
I have 4 DUI's( none of which involved accidents nor injury) and have been through an Intensive Treatment Program while incarcerated for 15 months. I have been sober for 34 months, off Parole 1 year early. What can I do about this ?
This is very difficult situation. You should consult an attorney to discuss your options. But generally, you have to...
Want to get started on this process asap and am weighing the options of tackling it alone or with legal counsel
You should retain counsel. Here is a link to a blog post that I wrote about this.
I got my car back by paying the police station getting a release form and then going to pay it out of towing.
I am not an IL lawyer and cannot comment on matter of IL law or procedure. However, I can tell to to were your...
Is it possible to be discredited as a victim if after going to police & making a statement, you went to the hospital & your blood-alcohol level was high enough that they would not release you right away? Can that effect the validity of the statement to police that was made prior? Does a Defense Attorney have access to those records to discredit a victim?
Yes. your level of intoxication would be an issue in determining the creditability of your statements and/or testimony....
My first dui was in cook county. I am on 1 year supervision and I received a dui in dupage county. On top of all that I wasn't even the one driving the car. Someone else was because they claimed they were sober enough. We got a flat tire and the guy left me there to change the flat. The officer pulled up and assumed I was driving because I was the only one there.
Illinois DUI law anticipates this argument. You don't need to drive the car to be convicted of a DUI. All that's...