Santa Paula Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Santa Paula, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

  • SPPD: Suspects in mistaken identity shooting held on...

    Tuesday Apr 28 | via Santa Paula Times 

    Although Santa Paula Police arrested four gang members and associates last week for an unprovoked mistaken identity shooting at a passing vehicle Early Thursday morning warrants were served on two South 11th Street residences as part of the investigation into an incident that occurred the previous Friday on April 17. That incident involved a man driving a dark pickup truck on South 11th Street about 9:30 p.m. whose vehicle was abruptly fired on.


    Related Topix: Ventura County, CA, Criminal Defense Law, Law

  • SPPD: Gang members, associates arrested for mistaken...

    Apr 23, 2015 | via Santa Paula Times 

    Four Santa Paula gang members and associates were arrested early Thursday morning on suspicion of firing last week on what they thought was a gang rival that turned out to be mistaken identity. No one was injured in the Friday night incident that SPPD Commander Ish Cordero said occurred about 9:30 p.m. in the 200 block of South 11th Street.


    Related Topix: Santa Paula, CA

  • SPPD: Shots fired incident could be third in a week ...

    Apr 2, 2015 | via Santa Paula Times 

    Santa Paula Police are looking for the suspect riding in a pickup truck that fired on those in another vehicle Wednesday evening in Santa Paula, the third such incident in a week that could be gang-related. According to SPPD Senior Officer Dan Potter, the incident occurred April 1 about 8:05 p.m. in the 100 block of North Steckel Drive at Santa Barbara Street.


    Related Topix: Santa Paula, CA

Santa Paula Law

I was arrested for a DUI by ththey left my vehicle parked at the location of arrest and I discover my vehicle was stolen.
What recourse do I have? My DUI was on 7/30 went to locate the vehicle on thurs evening after work. Friday I called around to locate. Monday was the police report.
You may have a claim of negligence against the department. Your bigger problem is the DUI arrest. Hire an attorney and...
What happens when you get a driving on suspended license in california?
To make a long story short I was driving on highway a sheriff came out of nowhere making it seem like he was in a hury to get past me and two other vehicles. He went ahead all three cars and since I was ahead of the other two he merged onto my lane in front of me. Suddenly he merged onto the shoulder let me and one other car pass he then go back into traffic. Got behind me and pulled me over. His reason was because I'm on probation. I was driving a car not registered to me. Obviously he had nothing better to do then to run my plates. I didn't break no traffic law.
Probation terms/conditions often include a 4th Amendment waiver. Do you have a 4th waiver??
I need advice on my DUI case for my classes and fines/ community service
Hi I went to court in Los Angeles on Apr. 2nd 2012 for a DUI-first offense charge and have to pay a $1738 fine or do 217 hours of community service AND have to do a "substance abuse prevention and control approved first offender (AB541) driving under the influence program" I have until Apr. 2nd 2013 to do both but was supposed to start my classes within 21 days of my charges. I moved to Ventura County in March of this year and I was wondering if there's any way I can do community service AND/or my court ordered classes in Ventura County and if there would be any problems with my late registration for the classes.
You cam probably get some of these conditions transferred but you or your Attorney need to.go to your...
I finished all of my DUI classes and just finished paying off my fees, do I have to do anything else now?
I finished all courses last year and finished paying my court fees earlier this month, I'm not sure if I need to go to court to let a judge know I'm done or if I need to do anything else
Ask your lawyer, he/she knows what you were ordered to complete as part of your sentence.
I just got a letter from the Dmv stating my license is suspended for my 2nd dui for 1 year.
The letter says nothing about being able to get a restricted in 90 days with a interlock device and with enrollment in 18 month program. Does that mean I will not be able to get the restricted, The letter does not say a hard 1 year suspension. Or do I just go to the dmv when the 90 days is up and show prof of interlock, dui school and sr 22 and then can get my restricted?
As long as you otherwise qualify, you can get a license 90 days after the court conviction by filing an SR22, enrolling...
Hello, I have a question concerning court fees, fines, & restitution VS probation fees.
1 year ago I was convicted of First time DUI and failure to stop (complicated/lengthy to explain, I did NOT run or evade police..) Anyways, after conviction I served the mandatory 90 day sentence and paid all the court fee's, fines, and restitution cost. A sum of $6,000, which drained my bank account and I also lost my job in the process, and I'm currently a college student with massive loans. Even though a misdeamnor, I was givin 3 years probation. I go every month without incident, and have a good relationship with my PO. However with 0 income and massive debt for school, a monthly fee of $142 is still being charged which is an additional ~ $4000, totaling @ $10k. They are claiming even though I paid all fines & fees, monthly prob. Fees must be paid. Is this legal or justified ?
If the $142/mo is a probation fee and if the probation officer will not waive the fee talk to the lawyer who...
I was arrested for DUI in California June 2014, blew zero, but stilL arrested, they did not pursue the case but have a year
When filling out a job application do I still have charges pending? I know I am not convicted, but wasn't sure if "charges" are pending till the one year date. I was suspected of drug use due to dilated pupils and blood was drawn, but I know I had not used any drugs.
Charges would be pending if the prosecutor actually started the criminal court process by filing a criminal complaint...