Ronkonkoma Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Ronkonkoma, NY or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Ronkonkoma Law

Can probation make me change my full license Back to a breathlyzer required one
question involves criminal law for the state of: new york So in january of 2013 I was convicted of dwi judge in nassua county sentenced me to 3 years probation and 1 year interlock.....I live in suffolk county and had probation transfered....I waited the year and in january 2014 dmv reinstated my full license. Also judge stated I did not need permission from probation to apply for license. So I got it everything was fine then 5 months later suffolk probation says I can't have a full license only because I transferred from nassua but live in suffolk. I told her nassua convicting judge stated I was allowed and even contacted dmv to approve license reinstatement. Can suffolk probation revoke my license even though I have it now and was authorized by judge and dmv?.....I do not own a car yet
In my view the judge ruling has authority over some probation official. The Avvo forum is not here for complete...
DWI refusal of chemical
I got pulled over almost 3 years ago. Was texting and swerved . Officer made me blow at scene didn't tell Me what it was. He was harassing me and took me into precinct. He wanted me to take chemical blood test , I refused. I didn't know my rights and wanted to speak with someone . He refused to let me call anyone . PS arrest and currently pending charge . They recently offered the one year probation plea .. But I don't want DWI on my record . Do I have z chance with trial!
Everyone has a chance at trial. However, without more details it would be very difficult to properly evaluate your case....
I had my 2nd dwi in new york (no felony) got my disposition letter today may 5th 2013 with one year conditional discharge
I like to go ahead and apply for my citizenship application, i have plenty of good moral letters from local legister and local community organisation also i have been thru with OASAS (alchohal related consuling which is new york state approved organisation) successfully. Kindly advise me should i apply for naturalisation ?
This question would be better suited under the immigration law section. With that said, reach out to the immigrant...
In N.Y., what recourse do I have for getting a prior dui conviction sealed?
I got into some trouble with drugs which culminated in a dui in 2008. I was released from a 3 year probation early (I completed1.5 years probation), completed drug treatment and have been drug free for four years. I am graduating with my bachelors in December and am trying to decide on my post graduate plans (law school or education masters). I know this conviction is a major impediment to future employment; in fact, in this economy it has already been an issue in obtaining rather menial employment, in spite of a successful solid work history in management. Please help me in determining what recourse I have for my past foolish digressions. Thank you.
Of convictions, dui convictions are the hardest to get off the record. All convictions are hard to get off the record...
I was arrested for DUI. Lawyer got reduced to a speeding violation. Will my record show the arrest or the violation?
This happened five years ago and now I am starting graduate school for education this summer. The school is sending me a finger print kit to send them so they can see my criminal record. Will my record detail my arrest under the DUI and that it was brought down to a speeding violation (might have been reckless driving) or only show the violation? The only thing that shows up on my DMV abstract is a speeding violation from 2 years ago, not the DUI incident. I don't know if that's a good sign or not.
It should not show the original charge but rather the final disposition. However, reckless driving is a misdemeanor...
If a police officer lied during field sobriety tests for a suspected DUI, what can I do?
Before arresting me for a DUI, a police officer informed me that if I refused to take the breath test at the scene, I'd lose my license for one year regardless of the outcome of my case. I have since learned that this rule only applies to breath tests performed at police stations (i.e., breathalyzers). Nevertheless, I decided to consent to the one at the scene because I was afraid of losing my license for a year, though this is apparently untrue.
Hire an attorney to fight the case for you. Such information may be able to be used in the suppression of the later...
Dismissal? Video missing audio and footage which would prove the office said I made an improper right but paperwork says left
I was arrested for a DWI on November 1st of 2013 for making an improper turn. I already have an attorney but feel I may be ill informed of all possible outcomes. Also, I asked for a copy of the police video, which I received but the video has no audio, is missing footage, and the video doesn't show the sobriety test or my arrest. I did refuse a breathalyzer but that has been dismissed on the grounds that the paperwork did not state the time I refused or how in which I made an improper turn. My full driving privileges have been reinstated pending prosecution. My lawyer never obtained the full video. I told him the officer kept telling me I made an improper left but the officer kept telling me I made an improper right. His paperwork says I made a left. Could this call for a dismissal?
A spotty video will generally not result in a dismissal. If the video was requested and provided, there probably haven'...