Richmond Heights Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Richmond Heights, MO or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Richmond Heights Law

Does a misdemeanor dui from 12 years ago have a statute of limitations
the party hasn't renewed their driver's license since this incident and hasn't been in any kind of criminal trouble during this time nor has this person received any further traffic violations during this time period. this person wasn't able to afford to comply with all of the requirements the judge ordered for this dui charge either because of financial hardship
You may want to rephrase your question. The statute of limitations is not in issue here if the person already plead...
What does it mean when the state files a motion "in limine" before a trial in a dui case?
From what i can gather ,the state is trying to supress evidence? What do you think they could be trying to supress in a dwi case?
In most, if not all, criminal trials, not matter the charges, both the defense and prosecution will file motions in...
I recently got my 3rd dwi. My last one was 13 years ago. I didn't blow. Is it mandatory in Jefferson County to go to jail?
I have a job, kids, I'm the scout leader etc. I haven't been in trouble since I got my last one in college. My current attorney says i have to take the felony charge and spend a month in jail. We have not be tk court and I now have a warrant. I am not happy and do not feel comfortable with my current situation.
If you have two prior findings of guilt for DWI, and both satisfy the requirements for a prior, you will be charged...
I had a DUI conviction in Tennessee in 2010....I am not on probation an I have completed all my classes
The problem I have is I have almost 2000 dollars in court cost that I can't afford to pay all at once...I'm now living in another state(Missouri) and I was informed because it went to criminal court I have no other option but to pay it all before I can get my DL back.... Do I have any other options?
In my opinion, no. The court has sent a hold on your license. It will not be lifted until they are paid in full. Your...
If convicted of class B felony DWI in Missouri are they eligible for DWI court given there is a mandatory two yr sentence in DOC
Most DWI courts require the conviction to be a felony. However, if the charge is a class B felony statute number 577.010 states that the offender must serve two years in prison before probation or parole is granted. The two years would either be associated with a DOC Long Term Treatment Program or it would be a straight DOC sentence for X # of years. I'm assuming that after doing either of these one wouldn't be able to go into DWI court but if anyone can provide clarification or details about this I would greatly appreciate it.
I can't answer this question for every DWI Court in Missouri. In St. Louis County and St. Charles County they will...
Will completed Suspended imposition sentence show on background check?
I received two years probation with an suspended imposition about five years ago and completed it fine. On a certain application it asks,"have you ever been convicted of a crime, or received a suspended imposition or execution of sentence for a crime in the last seven years?" The answer would be yes but I'm wondering how they could actually find this info out. It is not a government job. What can be found out about me?
That's a good question. Part of what the employer can find out depends on what database(s) they search. At a minimum,...
How do I petition the DMV or court for an ignition interlock removal?
I refused to blow, but was charged with my second DWI anyway. Because of the refusal the six months I was required to have the ignition interlock has stretched to an additional nine months, because of technicalities. I have already completed 7 months with no violations, paid all my fines and completed all my classes. I really want to get on with my life and having the interlock for another 9 months seems beyond excessive. Should I hire an attorney to petition the DMV on my behalf for early removal?
I would need to know your complete driving record to advise you on removal, however, I can tell you that hiring an...