Pacific Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Pacific, WA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Pacific Law

DUI in CA with a BAC over .15 and am licensed in WA state. Will the WA MVD take action, and if so, how?
DUI in CA with a BAC over .15 and am licensed in WA state. Will the WA MVD take action, and if so, how? Trying to determine if i will lose my license (assume I will), for how long, and will they require an IID? I have a lawyer in CA representing me currently. I have not determined if I want to fight or plead guilty until I know more specifics about the outcome. Problem is, no one seems to know....
The answer to your question depends on several factors. If California decides to take action against your license for...
I had the DUI deferred prosecution revoked, and was given 51 days In jail pending. Can I appeal and get less or no jail?
Is my second DUI . on the second DUI I enter on deferred prosecution. On my 3 1/2 year I got a ticket for driving without license and no ignition interlock. The court gave me 15 days house arrest and being able to leave only for work. My deferred prosecution case was not revoked. Then the following year I got pulled over again & didn't have drivers license, insurance and ignition interlock. I was able to get license back & insurance and ignition interlock installed the following week. I paid outstanding fines. Everything in place before court appearance. This time the court revoked my deferred case. I have to serve 51 days in jail soon & do 5yrs of probation again. I can appeal within 30 days. My wife is in disability on wheelchair & depends on me. Can I avoid jail or get a better deal?
If you have a reason not to do the jail time at this time that the Judge will listen to and accept then use it but in...
I hit a car when I got a DUI
I disputed the amount of damage to the car I hit and was told when I pled guilty in court there would be a restitution hearing, but I haven't heard from anyone about when this hearing will be. Do I set up the hearing or does the court let me know when it is? Do I need an attorney at the restitution hearing?
Yes, an attorney is a good idea. You should never take on the courts and the prosecutor by yourself. usually your...
DACA renewal and DUI
My renewal date is coming soon, and I got a DUI on march, It was twice the limit and and currently under representation, but no charges yet. What are the chances of denial and should I even bother to send the renewal application ??
There is a pretty fat chance of denial. However, it is not 100%. First, you have not been convicted yet. Second, you...
Unusual suspension circumstances
I received a DUI-ARD in PA. I live in WA state. Both are compact states. Per my WA lawyer, the WA DMV is passive; they don't check the database until you renew your license. This is where the plot thickens. I'm moving to PA (in fact, I've delayed that move because of my suspension there). There's a 60 day window between when my PA suspension is up and when my WA license expires. If I legitimately establish residency in PA in that span, having already served my PA suspension, can I realistically expect to be able to surrender my WA license and get a PA license? Or will the WA penalty follow me to PA, even though I've already been punished there?
Your question involves mostly what you can accomplish under PA law, so your question is best directed to PA attorneys.
Letter from DOL states my license is suspended for 30days but also says they're using a 30 day credit. is my license suspended?
I was initially suspended for 90 days following my DUI arrest and have already filed SR-22.
Yes, at least according to what you say. There are sixty days remaining of the suspension.
I was hit while jogging by a drunk driver in a rental car. The man has a history of DUI. With his history can I sue Enterprise?
Driver has history of DUI. What sort of liability does Enterprise have given they rented a car to a man with this history who then proceeds to do it again and then hits and severely injures someone else?
Possibly you can. Make an appointment to see a good personal injury lawyer right away.