Overland Park Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Overland Park, KS or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Overland Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Overland Park Law

A friend brought me to a house party with a lot of underage drinking going on. I was the last person awake and I was very drunk. I don't know why or how, but I managed to get someone's car key and decided to drive home. I crashed the car, ran away, and took a taxi the rest of the way home. I want to avoid being charged with crimes. Also, I left my phone at the party and the police have it now. How long until I get that back?
Possible show that you were too drunk to form the requite intent. You will also face a DUI. The lost phone is the...
I will have a restricted DL in KS with ignition interlock installed. I have served the initial 45 day suspension of the 1st year suspension and then will continue to have the IID for the 2nd year restriction to fulfill my DMV requirements as a result of a DUI. I will be moving to Indiana while still in the 1st year suspension. KS DMV informs me by telephone conversation to have an IID approved in both KS and IN installed here in KS and to have Indiana calibrate/download per their state and manufacturer's requirements when I move there and to send a notarized letter informing KS of my move to IN. Want to be compliant with my KS DMV requirements so that eventually I can get the release from KS DMV at the end of these 2 years and get a valid unrestricted DL in IN. Guidance please! Thanks
Follow the directions provided by the DMV, they control this end of it. It's always complicated to move states during...
I was accuzed of drinking . I denied.the.accusal.. Offered to take a breathelyzer . The officer.did.not have one so i asked if i wS.being.arrested or detained. He said no.. So i.chose to.walk away. He later sent memo to my probation officer who installed in motion to revoke
There was a strong odor of alcohol on your breath, your gate was staggered, your eyes bloodshot, and your speech was...
I received a letter that stated my revocation period was 05/2010-05/2013 and driving privileges would be reinstated at the end of period without further action from me. KS web DL status page told me I wasn't eligible until 2014, so I stayed revoked for 4 years and didn't drive. Now they are requiring me to have interlock for an additional year. I have tried calling Driver Control and emailing, but when I get an answer, they basically say I have to deal with it. I understand that I can submit to modify suspension/interlock suspension (KSA 8-1014) and document DC 1014. The doc says you can receive credit for previously served suspension time served. I served 4yrs probation and 4yrs revoked of driving. Is there any way to modify my interlock restriction?
Probably the best thing to do is contact your previous lawyer and see if the can assist you in this situation. Good luck.
Thanks for reading. I am five months away from finishing a two year probation for my 2nd DUI. I have completed all requirements and am paying down my fines. I received one violation and have been squeaky clean since. I have had the interlock on my car since August 2011 and have no prior fails. Good relationship with my PO. I went out this morning, took a breath test on my interlock, and it passed. I tried to start my car and it started and then just shut off. The interlock called for another breath test when I went to start it again. I took it and it failed this time. Same thing the third time. The fourth time, it passed again and I started the car and it died again. Disconnected the car battery an hour later, took another test, and it passed again. What will most likely happen now?
Call some lawyers in your area to put them on notice that you may be calling them back to hire them. If you were...
I was stopped last Friday but was not given a breathalyzer, only taken to the ER. What do I need to do from here as I have not heard anything from anyone
I'm sorry, but there isn't enough information in your post to tell you what you need to do. You say you were taken the...
I currently have a license restricted to driving with an interlock in Kansas. I am not on probation. Yesterday, I went to drive to work and my interlock warned me. I started the car and the first rolling retest failed. I rinsed my mouth out with water and blew again and it did not fail a second time but did 'warn' again. No other tests until 4pm, which all passed. My question is, will this count as a violation?
Every judge addresses what is an interlock violation differently. If you are violated, you would likely receive notice...