National City Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near National City, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

National City Law

I was sentenced to 5 years of summary Probation in California .
This is unsupervised probation and I cannot break any laws (with the exception of minor traffic infractions) or I violate my probation. Can I move to another State without having to notify CA?
Generally, informal probation (ie. summary probation) means that you do not need to report to any probation office,...
DUI charge. My ticket has on it: "23152 (A)\ VC DUI" and nothing else. Can I be later charged with 23152 (b)?
The nurse at the hospital said my BAC was .22 but I have seen no documentation to that effect. I had been knocked unconscious and had no (conscious) interface with the "arresting" officer (did not do a field sobriety test). I sustained a head injury that kept me in the hospital for 2 days. I then was allowed to freely leave the hospital. I was never at any time in custody or formally arrested. The last thing that I remember (evening of the "DUI") was trying to avoid a car that had swerved toward me ( I was trying to park my motorcyce along the curve at the time. I was staying at my friend's RV, all of 100 yds from where the mishap happened). I'm hoping for a deal with the DA's office (wet/reckless?). This would be considered a first offense DUI. The ".22" is what is problematic
The .22 is very problematic, because you are over .15 there is an enhancement. So, I really suggest contacting an...
Applying For 1650 Waiver Packet DMV form in California for a DUI
Applying For 1650 Waiver Packet DMV form in California for a DUI. I received a misdemeanor DUI in California. I've completed my MADD class, Public Work Service, and paid my fines. I dont have a probation officer, just cant get caught drinking and driving again. (which I wont do anymore) Only thing left to complete is my 1st conviction 9 month program. I haven't started that yet due to my loss of job and living situation. I already asked for an extension but the due date is coming soon. I've done my research and found this site. I wish to move to another state where I have family members who can help me get on my feet again. I wanted to know if i have to go to the judge first or can i just move there and will it automatically put a hold on my classes? What steps do i take? Can anyone help me out on this please?
The attorney's site that you reference answers all the questions that you pose here. The 1650 packet waives your right...
Forgot to attend MADD class for underage DUI. Is everything ruined?!
I was convicted of an underage DUI in January 2010 and had my license suspended for 1 year. The judge ordered me to attend DUI classes (education only, not the full course), MADD, and either do community service or pay the fine. I attended the DUI classes and payed my fines but yesterday I realized that I never attended the MADD class. I completely forgot about it! Is everything ruined? Am I going to jail? Will the judge allow me to reschedule my MADD appointment? I don't have money for an attorney and I know what I did was completely stupid... I have no idea what to do...
It depends on the terms of your sentencing. Often, you'll be given a completion date. Sometimes though, you're just...
Can I get a DUI fine reduced/changed to something else?
I got pulled over for my first and only DUI & was fined $2200. I have been paying the minimum amount required every month and am wondering if it is at all possible to get the remaining balance of $1000 reduced/changed to community service, etc. which will help me financially since I am going back to school in 2 months.
The time to challenge the sentence was before the ruling was made, not after.
If my dui case is moved to diversion and ultimately dismissed will I need sr22 insurance?
The dmv suspended my license for 6 months and that time is over so to reinstate my license I was told I need to pay a fee and have an sr22 in place, however my court case is still ongoing and may result in a dismissal so do I need one? Also can I drive if my court case is still going?
Um, not only do you need an SR-22, but you need a lawyer! If the DMV suspended your license, you cannot drive just...
Shoplifted with no cops called, but on probation for DUI
I know it says shoplifted but I really didn't mean to. I had a fussy baby with me and forgot about some tops that were in the bottom of the cart underneath her seat. I had initially put them down there to keep them away from baby hands. I was just aimlessly walking through just to kill time to keep baby entertained. I ended up buying other things and honestly just completely forgot about the clothes and sandals. (I had them from when I first entered, and grabbed the things I actually bought towards the end) I just walked out and their LP stopped me and took me into a back room and told me I might get a letter. The cops were not called. I told him exactly what happened and that I was honestly just an airhead. He still made me sign a few papers. Will this affect my dui probation?
Since no cops were involved, I see no impact on your DUI probation. Make sure you complete any court-ordered classes,...