Mount Pleasant Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Mount Pleasant, NC or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Mount Pleasant Law

Was revoked .. I called dmv they said I needed to have a interlock system... Is there away around this?.. it's been so long...and I wasn't aware of this.
If you have an interlock restriction on your license, there's no getting around it. You wont be able to get a NC...
I went 5 years without license. Did 44 hours of alcohol assessment classes-completed. Got insurance, got Interlock system in place, got license. Ive had a few fails, some from food. Ive paid all fines. Im worried the DMV will revoke my driving privileges. How likely is this?
You had interlock "fails" for food? How so?? That's a new one. Usually we hear about mouthwash.
Heading home on 601 south after grocery store visit. Driver in front of me stood on his brakes for no reason causing groceries to go everywhere. Continued south and driver repeated his actions upsetting more items. Continued south and driver again repeated actions while I had my attention on the upset items. I struck his rear, no airbag deployed, and pulled to left to verify there were no reason for his actions. I was asked to say partial alphabet, eyes following pen, and portable breath test, and then handcuffed. First blow was .09 and second was .08. I am 60 years old, 5'10", 230 lbs. male. I feel the test is tainted because of 2 different levels and also my body fat slows the absorption of alcohol from the bloodstream.
Short answer to your question is yes. Long answer is that the likelihood of success very much depends on the individual...
I was convicted of dui back in 2009 prior to this I got a job and moved to NYC there was no need to have a license there nor could i afford to have a car at the time I am looking to my options to move back to NC and searching about what it would take to get my license back. The NCDMV says i need a form 508 and that i need to have a year of ignition interlock ... I do not own a car to have this installed in?? Prior to my conviction i had gone to have an assessment but they say they have no record of it. So i have to have another assessment and buy a car and get insurance to sit around for a year with an ignition interlock even if I have no need for a car currently ... my main goal would be to rent a car if i need to travel.
You must have blown .15 or above. This will require 12 months of interlock no matter when you decide to get your...
I got a friend who had a dui case & the judge dismissed it but it got appealed whats the difference in district court and superior court an why is the attorney fees much higher than the regular case being that he is going back to trial for the same case..
Because, Superior Court is a jury trial, not a bench trial, and is also a court of record, so is a lot more formal, and...
As a resident of NC around the Charlotte area in Cabarrus County, I know if am convicted of DUI and issued a "paper license" after my real license is taken away for one year, I will only have access to drive during certain hours and only for work and school for one year. I have a few questions. 1. What are the hours/days of the week I will be able to drive? 2. Will I be able to leave the state/country if I'm on a 12 month unsupervised probation? 3. Most importantly, can I drive for any other reasons beside work and school during the day? (i.e. errands, mall, movie, etc) I take care of my mom and was hoping I could run errands for her but I wasn't sure how specific/general the "driving to work and school only" really was? Any extra input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
A lot depends on whether the result of the breath or blood test was under a .15. If so, then normal hours are 6AM-8PM...
Licensed suspended in July 2013 per DWI conviction. License can be reinstated in July 2014. Looking to move to SC for a job in Winter/Spring 2015. Will I have to get SR 22 to have a license in SC, even though it wasn't required in NC?
Need to ask SC attorney. What county? More than willing to provide referral if able.