Montara Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Montara, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Montara Law

Here are the facts: I dropped my friend off. As I pulled out I saw a cop behind me. I immediately pulled into the lot across from her place and parked to rest up. I fell asleep reclined in the driver's seat with key not in the ignition. I was woken up an hour later by a cop knocking on my window. I opened the door and answered his questions. I told him I parked because I didn't feel well. I said I had been drinking alcohol. He took my license asked if I had warrants out. He handed me back my license and said to sleep it off in the car and go home in the morning. A cop car drove by an hour later and I was still parked, not moving. He did not perform a field sobriety test. He did not give me a breathalyzer. Again, the car was not moving, I was parked with the car off.
It depends. They need evidence to prove DUI. A breath test, blood or urine sample to prove alcohol was in your system...
I got a DUI and took a blood test instead of using a breathalyzer. I'm wondering if my results come back high, would it even be useful to have a lawyer. I am told that lawyer can't do much in terms of lowering class time and can only lower "jail" time. My friend's BAC was .25 and she was sentenced to 9 months class time and only five hours community service on top of the night she did in jail. If I have no hope of lowering my class time and might only be sentenced to a 5 hours service, what is the benefit of a lawyer? I am a first time offender in a fairly lenient city. Also, if I want to have my blood retested, do I have to have a lawyer in order to do that or can I make the request on my own? I know that I will not get the BAC results until after my arraignment date.
The same benefits if your BAC is not high. Review your case in great detail to find a jury issue so that the DA will buckle.
I just found out that my dad has been in the county jail for 7 days now. Called to jail and was told that no release date or court date. Only know he has been charged for bench warrant for DUI. Tried to find out bail amount is but was told to look for a bail bond. But wonder if I can deal with the bail without the help of bail bond agency. Don't know how to approach it. What does it mean by no release date or court date? How do I find out how long he needs to be in jail if without posting a bail? Then what happened next? Should I get a DUI attorney for his case but he has been arrested and been in jail for some time now? What happens to him otherwise? The jail person doesn't have much info to tell and I don't know the best way to approach this. Please advise.
Call the court clerk in the morning and/or the public defender's office in your area. Somebody should know what's...
Charged with pc148(a)(1) pc273a(a) vc23152(a) vc23152(b) he is not the parent of the child (age 12) but the parent of said child was also in the vehicle. He did not actually resist arrest but refused to be breathalyzed and was held down by 6 officers (again, without resisting) at the station and forced to give a blood sample. He is covered in bruises and broken blood vessels. The officers took video of the entire incident at the station. What do you think we are looking at here?
Felony child endangerment carries a maximum stare prison sentence of 6 years. It's quite serious. What you need to...
This is the first and only offense I have ever had. No one was hurt and there were no accidents resulting from this. I am off probation. Am trying to find out if this is a good option for me as I need to travel to Canada periodically to visit family. If this is expunged, would it clear me for entry into Canada? This may be better route in lieu of the TRP and Criminal Rehab process required for future visits to Canada. Thank you.
How long have you been off probation? Have you had any other convictions since then? You can contact the U.S....
I plead "no contest" to a 2nd offense DUI in 10/10 (wet reckless in 04/04). Won case, DA appealed, lost appeal the we appealed. I've had multiple lawyers. I initially received a 30 day sentence, then after the first appeal it was reduced to a 21 day sentence. If I just surrender myself, in Redwood City, for a 2nd offense DUI how much time should I expect to do (I would surrender myself around Christmas time)? If I go back to the court and ask for home detention instead, other than the 1 wet reckless, I had 1 other expunged prior for resisting arrest in 08 that I completed all the probation and AA classes for (and fines) - and I'm current with new fines and on track with my repeat offender program (3 mo. left)- what are my chances of getting home detention granted to LCA / a private corp?
We know nothing about the details of your case(s) or you. This would be better asked to one of your lawyers.
My ex-attorney is out of state and wants me to appear on my own behalf to ask the judge for home detention instead of sheriff swap/jail (DUI 2nd). He has stated that since I already know what the sentence is (30 days) and since I have the intake acceptance forms from LCA to do home detention (a private company), that I don't need him there. He believe's his work is now done even though he had previously agreed to show in court for the re-sentencing (I was sentenced, then we appealed) he is now stating he will not be there and is done representing me and our contract is over. So now I have no attorney for the last 30 to 60 minutes of my case this Tuesday the 10th. I had to create a new account to post this because Jay F. posted without reading my details. I do not have an attorney now.
If you don't have the money for a private attorny ask the public defender to be appointed. Sentencing Is critical and...