Middletown Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Middletown, RI or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

  • Police Arrest Suspect in November Robbery, Stabbing

    Wednesday Feb 25 | via Patch.com 

    Newport Police on Tuesday arrested a 21-year-old Providence man in connection with the November robbery and stabbing of a Middletown man on a path behind the Connell Highway Walmart. Police said Xavier Vaughn Perry, 21, of 90 Douglas Ave., Providence, was charged with first-degree robbery, felony assault with a dangerous weapon and simple assault for his alleged involvement in the November incident, which sent the Middletown man to the hospital for multiple stab wounds.


    Related Topix: Providence, RI, Middletown, RI

Middletown Law

I was charged wit DUI , but dont have any paperwork on it and dont know where to go
You should contact the clerk of courts in the county where you were charged with the DUI/OVI. They will have the...
I'm just not sure where I need to go... are there certified providers, or can anybody offer a class? I want to go to the right place.
The simplest answer is to ask your probation officer. He will know who is approved and who is not. Next you can likely...
Two of my friends and I were on a beach in Newport RI. There was an open beer next to us that one of us had been drinking. Cops came over and told us that they had been called because a bunch of people were splitting a 30-rack and getting drunk on the beach (the cops saw them leaving as the they arrived). They said that they had to give us a ticket "in case anyone was watching," but assured us it was no big deal and like a parking ticket. The ticket didn't say how much it was on it and "like a parking ticket" didn't sound like a big deal so we weren't too worried. We just got the ticket (which was written out to just one of us) and it's for nearly 500 dollars. One thing that's weird is the beach name written on the ticket is a slang name, not the official name if that helps. Advice?
Bring it to court, the cop will probably reduce or dismiss it there. If not, fight it and point the finger at your...
18 years ago i got a dui while visiting my girl in s Carolina.my license was suspended by the courts for 3-6 months cant recall exactly but did pay fines and was not told to take any dui courses or to get sr22. came home to ri got my license and have been incident free for 18 years .2015 my license will expire from its 2010 issue date .i go to registry with renewal form and out of the blue sc has a stop on the procedure and i am told to call the sc dmv to get things straight.they told me i had outstanding fines.told them i would pay and if they would put it as resolved in the computer so i could renew my license. i was told no and i also needed to attend dui classes in ri and send the results to sc. pay fines and get sr22 before they do anything. do i have any legal leverage?
Likely not. We are all slaves to the DMV no matter what state. The DMV can impose its own penalties that the Judge...
I have 2 dwi 's one in missour in 95 and one in nyc in 2010, ill be moving to ri soon , am i eligible to get a license in ri?
From your post, you cannot tell if or why your MA license is revoked. If you move to RI and apply for a license, the...
I went to court, paid it in full and I've never been arrested for anything else in my life. But every time I travel I get called in for questioning because of the arrest 8 years ago
Yes, you can get it expunged, but your fingerprints and the underlying arrest will still show up. Just the conviction...
I recently completed a DUI class and had to pay fines to both 6th district court and the DMV. I paid the DMV but didn't have enough left over to pay 6th district. I need a state ID and know that their is a bench warrant out for not paying the fine. I need the ID to cash a check next week to get the cash for 6th. If I go into the Rhode Island DMV on Monday to get my ID will they arrest me? Is the DMV involved with warrants or they would have no idea and don't run your name?
you should call and ask before going. Get in touch with your DUI attorney and maybe he can help you.