Los Altos Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Los Altos, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Los Altos Law

I received a 2nd dui 7 years later and would like to know the minimum amount of jail time and community service I could potentially receive. I have heard anywhere from 48 hours to 90 days is required no matter what. I am seeking a gauge to know what the range is.
Three to five years of summary probation. A minimum of 96 hours to a maximum of one year in a county jail. Between $...
I have a DUI is a second DUI and I was still on provation for the first one , I don't want to go to jail it I would like to know what can I take to court I'm going my AA CLASES. I WILL TAKE my sheet of the sign me. What else can help me no to go to jail ? To give a good presentation to the judge so he can't put me on jail !!
Well, the best thing you can do is hire an attorney who can help you gather helpful information for your case, build a...
I got a DUI in PA in March 2013. I moved to CA in September 2014 and got a motorcycle. While shopping for insurance I didn't disclose that I got a DUI because I got it expunged from my record. I thought this meant off of all records, but after talking to the CA DMV they said it was only expunged from my criminal record and that it would take 10 years for the DUI to get off of my driving record. Is there anyway to get it off of my driving record as it has dramatically increased my insurance rates.
The simple and only answer is NO. Their are insurance companies that specialize in DUI insurance Breath easy and John...
Daughter was pulled over because tail light was out. She was cooperative and took blood test upon arrival at police station. Can she retain her license?
It is possible to argue that. There are studies which show that BAC can be higher in a person who had gastric bypass...
Received dui then moved to Oregon and completed dui classes but never paid fines.. Court requesting interlock device and now fines are totaling close to 6,000 dollars.. What can I do to get license back? Is there anyway to see judge to get fines reduced and to drop interlock device or to get restricted license?
Dropping the IID is unlikely. Fines could be subject to reduction or a payment plan. Certainly do not drive in Oregon...
Can you apply for a Green card while you are on DUI probation (Informal probation of 3 years, due to a misdemanor DUI) I was charged and convicted of a DUI misdemeanor. I finished my voluntary weekend work, and paid all my fees. I am applying for a Green card Family based Adjustment of Status. I am married to a US citizen. Does previous misdemanor DUI affect / delay my Green Card process. Can the fact that I am on informal probation delay / affect my Green Card process
Multiple postings on similar fact pattern. May want to take a look at the response to original post.
I have a prior DUI 10+ years ago. Will this become pertinent in this case? What can I expect the outcome to be in San Jose?
An old DUI is unlikely to have much affect on your case. for best rests, hire an attorney to try to negotiate this away.