Jonesville Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Jonesville, MI or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Jonesville Law

If the DOB is wrong on the initial breathalyzer, is that a valid document? can charge be dropped?
was not actually seen behind the wheel. and dob is wrong
I don't believe that one typo, in and of itself, would likely warrant an outright dismissal of the charges, but I would...
18 year old friends got drunk, one dared another friend to shoot him , friend did, kid got life flighted and survived, charges?
Friend that got shot doesnt want to press charges, friend that shot the victim has gotten in trouble with the law while he was a minor
Friend needs to contact and retain an attorney ASAP. There are several charges that could be filed with significant...
I am being charged with felony dui casuing serious bodily injury. Is my public defender helping me or the prosecuter?
A guy that was riding in the vehicle with me in the backseat got a t-12 chance fracture in his back. The accident was on 10/18/2014 and i did a pbt and blew a .013. The "victim" is now in the marines, he left for bootcamp in Feb. 2015. As far as i know he doesnt want anything to happen to me hes not mad he just wants to move on from it. The prosecutor has charged me with dui ser bod inj and my case was started in Nov. I feel i have a good shot at beating this case considering the circumstances and my public defender seems to think i dont. Prosecutor keeps delaying trial because the victim is in bootcamp and cannot testify. I was told by my public defender the prosecutor would move foward w/o the victim and now he wants to wait. I dont know what to do.
Ironically, the prosecutor is helping, as delaying your case is a good thing. The reality is that this is too serious...
Can i be charged with having a open container & a dui if i wasnt given a BAC test or a citation?
I was pulled over for improper use of a turn signal, when i stopped the cops asked almost immediately to search the car but never gave a reason. Nervously i let them search and they found a empty beer can under the front seat, but they let me go told me i would receive a ticket for the turn signal in the mail. Now im going to be arraigned for a open container & a dui.
You should immediately hire a lawyer, aas the facts you list do not support those charges. Avvo has them. Good luck.
3 dui's, 1st age 17, 2nd 19 and 24 - Felony in Michigan. Any chance of dropping, lowering or losing felony charge?
Since this time he has received B.A. in History. Hasn't had a drink, fulfilled his probation in 2 1/2 yrs. of 5 yr. sentence. Is working but probably below what he could be doing? Hired a Attorney for the last 2 dui's, never did we receive counsel for any appeal or options that may have been available, like we found out later that you have 42 days to appeal the charge. Did we have option for Appeals? Is this something that should have been brought to our attention? We were so overwhelmed we didn't ask many questions when this was going on? Looking back, we feel like our attorney never gave us any options, he just had us run with the play. Is there anything that can be done?
NO. OWI is one of the felonies that cannot be expunged since it remains on your driving record.
What will happen now that I failed my ignition interlock device and then passed it?
This morning I stupidly used mouth wash before leaving the house to go to an AA meeting because I had gotten sick, and failed my breath test on my interlock device. I instantly started freaking out and had a panic attack, I tried quite a few times to blow, but my breathing was too sporadic for it to work and it eventually said something about, "tampering with device." I then was able to calm myself down enough to blow and passed. What should I expect now? I was not drinking and have not had a drink in over 3 years and I'm really scared they will revoke my suspended license. I am not on probation, I just received my restricted license at the end of February and I had to get the ignition interlock device installed through Smart Start. My device is not locked out or anything.
I have heard of this happening several times with clients and usually, nothing happens at all. I hope you share such...
(Michigan) Can I ask for the blue book value for restitution if it was totaled after a collision with a drunk driver?
I was hit by a drunk driver, I only had PLPD insurance. I am giving a copy of all the costs I acrewed as a result of the crash such as towing which my insurance did not cover. The vehicle has been estimated and totaled out as the cost to repair the vehicle is past the threshhold of what the vehicle is worth. I have the estimate as well as the kelly blue book value of my vehicle plus the cost of towing. My vehicle is worth between $1,800 and $2,042 and I want to ask for $2,000 to replace the totaled vehicle because that left me and my family without a vehicle plus the $150 towing cost so a total of $2,140. Is that realistic to ask for?
It's a reasonable request. I would keep copies of all receipts and paperwork that you have been given so that you can...