Great Neck Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Great Neck, NY or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Great Neck Law

My ex was arrested for a DUI I and his lawyer has been able to adjourn it for the past year and a half this is his second offens
My ex was arrested about 12 years ago for drug possession it was his first offense so I believe it was dropped but he was arrested again last year for a DUI but his lawyer has been able to adjourn it for the past year and a half. Does he have the possibility of facing jail time? Also is there anyway to find out if he has any other criminal records?
I am not licensed to practice law in New York, but generally speaking there is always a chance of jail time with such...
Nassau county DWI conviction-I am ready to sell my car involved in the DWI
should I tell the buyer about the conviction? conviction was 6 months ago. is there still a possibility of forfeture? please advise.thank you
As long as the District Attorneys Office has not moved to forfeit the automobile and you have clear title you should...
Why am i being charged with a DWI even though i was not operating the vehicle?
The officer asked me to take a breathalizer test of which i replied why? i was found sleeping in my car off the shoulder of the LIE in suffolk county. I am a diabetic & was very tired. the officer did not inform me that if i refused the breatherlizer test i could lose my license for up to one year! I drive for a living and now are unable to provide for my family! I am a 57 year old male thats never been convicted of anything like this. I can not afford to be out of work a year, This will cripple me & my family. Sincerely Mr. F Paola
Dear New Hyde Park Driver: Try right now to delete this post. AVVO is a public Internet forum and there is no...
My daughter was convicted of a dwi. She got a interlock system put into her car for one year. Three months in.
She tried to start her car in the morning. The night before she had some drinks. Apparently there were still traces of alcohol in her system. So car didn't start. She was charged with a violation . This is her first offense. She is a single mom with a 3 month old baby. Has a good job. This has been going on for over a year. She never had another incident. The judge wants her to serve 10 to 14 days in jail. For violation. She attends aa twice per week. I think this unfair. She will probably lose her job. And it would be tough on baby. If the judge has already made up his mind. What can we do. He said if we go to a hearing she will get at least 30 days. And he decides. We requested weekends in jail so she doesn't lose her job. And take care of baby.what can we do
The answer is to get a good lawyer to advocate on her behalf. That is an understandably difficult result but it is...
I was sentenced to a 18 month DUI program in CAlifornia, If I live out-a-state, how can I get that change to an online program?
i'm not a resident of California but happen to get my Second DUI offense and was sentenced to 18 month DUI program along with fines.
If your conviction is in California, you should speak to a CA attorney; ideally the one who represented you on the DWI....
Sheehan a judge in the state of Florida got pulled over for dui. was sentenced to jail in Hillsborough County
I have a court case in Florida and I have been fighting with my attorney back and forth about my husb demanding visitations to be out of the state of New york as long as ny Has jurisdiction this judge cannot decide that. I only want bridge the gap alimony I am in school i arrived in ny in april of 2014 concern is this judge she used to be an attorney, defended criminal alcoholics and drug dealers in the child welfare system how can I trust her to make the right decisions when she herself made mistakes . how is she still a judge this is why I'm glad that Florida no longer has jurisdiction over my child and New York now has jurisdiction I'm looking for an attorney/judge doesn't have a drinking/drug record to be fair in my child support visits case in ny marriage last 3 yrs
You have an attorney. Ask your attorney for a plan. Avvo is a website for those looking to hire an attorney and is...
NY driver improvement unit revoked my license for 5 years. can I get a license in another state?
I have had two previous alcohol related charges in NY and mad a terrible mistake and received one in NJ. I went through rehabilitation, and was denied my license for 5 years in NY by the driver improvement unit. I am appealing the decision; I received a letter from NJ saying I have to pay a restoration fee to have my driving privileges reinstated. My question is if my appeal in NY does not work out can I get a NJ license? Will my name come up in the national driver registry?
I believe the information is shared.