Geneva Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Geneva, AL or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

  • Geneva Co. man sentenced to death for FL murder

    Wednesday May 13 | via WSFA-TV Montgomery 

    A Geneva County man has been sentenced to death in a Florida courtroom following his February conviction in the beating and execution of a man back in April 2014. Zachary Wood, 24, of Geneva, was convicted on February 26 of first degree murder, burglary of a structure while armed with a firearm and robbery with a firearm in the death of James "Coon" Shores, 66. Prosecutors said Wood, along with co-defendant Dillon Rafsky, beat, bound and then executed Shores after he found them on his property on April 19, 2014.


    Related Topix: Geneva County, AL, Geneva, AL

  • Mother charged with murder after child dies in Genev...

    Tuesday May 12 | via WSFA-TV Montgomery 

    The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency has moved to arrest and charge the mother of a 4-year-old child who was killed in a weekend vehicle crash in Geneva County. Now, Starlea Nicole Knight faces 1 count of murder and 2 counts of first degree assault.


    Related Topix: Geneva County, AL, Geneva, AL

Geneva Law

Is contributing to a minor of 18 years of age a felony or a misdemeanor in the state of Alabama?
Question relating to previous post. A mother let her 18 year old son drink at their home and police were called by room mate that was kicked out that day, in retaliation he called law enforcement saying that the 18 year old was drinking. When police showed up they got the son to get the mother to come out side and then Breathalyzer the son and took mother and son to jail charging the mother with contributing to the minor and the son with under age drinking.
The son and mother need to hire an attorney right away. There are much bigger concerns here than just what level...
What kind of trouble is this person going to get into?
In the state of Alabama a mother allowed her 18 year old son drink alcohol at there home and the police showed up and gave the son a breathalyzer and he blew 1.2. The city police arrested the son for miner in consumption and the mother for distributing to a miner. The mothers bail was set at $1000. and the sons bail was set at $500 and they have to go to court in November. What is most likely to happen in court and do they need attorney's?
I believe they each would benefit from an attorney, but the mother needs one for sure. Providing alcohol to a minor...
I just signed up for CRO in Geneva AL for DUI. I haven't been sentenced or convicted yet. Can I transfer this to Florida?
Have not been convicted yet. Third DUI arrest but never convicted. Reduced to reckless in state of florida and pretrial diversion for second one and now this one. My mom and stepdad are divorcing and I will have no where to stay or get help in Alabama.
Alabama's CRO program is relatively new and not all States have it or similar programs. You need to contact an...
Can I sue Walgreens for selling me beer and then calling the police to say that I was intoxicated?
I purchased a six pack of beer along with a few other items. When I got to my car the police arrived because the cashier called to say that I was intoxicated. I ended up getting a DUI sitting in my car in the parking lot resulting in the end of my career. If Walgreens suspected that I was intoxicated why did they sell me beer which I understand is against their policy?
You could talk to a personal injury attorney, but I am not seeing a great lawsuit here. There is certainly no...
I was arrested but *not* convicted (yet) for a DUI. Is there anywhere I would be able to rent a car?
I'm going on a business trip in a week and a half and I am expected to rent a car when I get there. However, I was arrested a few months back for a DUI. I have not been convicted (yet and hopefully never), but I'm sure this got on my driving record. Is there anywhere that I can rent a car? Do any of the companies not run a DMV report? I don't want to get to the counter and have my application rejected in front of co-workers. My company doesn't know of my situation and I need to keep it that way.
Car rental companies do not generally run DMV reports or investigate driving records. They check for a valid driver's...
FIrst DUI impact on Removal of Conditional Green card
I was Applied Jointly Removal of Conditional Green card, after applied i got First DUI my case is set for Trails , First DUI will impact on my Green card Please Help about my Situation
Please speak to an Alamaba lawyer who is experienced in immigration law. generally first "simple" DUI convictions do...
I am being placed into the CLEAN program in Alabama for a first offense DUI of a minor.
Along with drug testing will I also be tested for alcohol? Also is it possible to take away the plea deal and do the original punishment? What exactly are the original punishments for a DUI of a minor?
You will be tested for alcohol. You could possibly go back on your "deal". To answer your last question a lawyer...