Dublin Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Dublin, OH or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News


Dublin Law

I am being charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor and letting the minor drink alcohol. She snook out of her house past curfew without her parents consent and I am 19 year old student. This is my very first offense ever, I am a college student, and have a clean record. Is it possible to get into the diversion program with the help of a lawyer? Thank you very much!
What programs are available to you would depend heavily on circumstances and specifics, but the diversion program is a...
Was charged with first conviction OVI (refusal) in Ohio and am from a different state. Lawyer had charges reduced to Reckless Operation and successfully appealed ALS Disposition. Now guilty Reckless Operation and guilty Implied Consent are showing on home state MVR. How do I remove guilty Implied Consent from home state MVR?
If you lost your right to drive in OH for refusing, then what may be showing up on your MVR is the refusal to take a...
I had my license suspended in the state of Ohio for a dui conviction. My license is suspended/restricted privileges until the middle of September. I currently am allowed to drive to work and school however due to priviledges. I accepted a job offer in Tennessee and am moving there next week. Is it possible for me to have the same driving privileges (work) there as I do in Ohio? I know that I will not be able to get my license, but I would like to have the mentioned priviledges so I would be able to go to work. Thank you for any answers.
I find that most Courts in Ohio list the place and hours of employment on the order permitting driving privileges. If...
I was sitting in car after bar closed with a friend listening to music very loud- I was tipsy. The car was in parked position. my friend was in passenger seat- Cop pulled behind car and question me drinking - I admitted to drinking as I didn't want to lie he took both of our drivers liscenced back to car- had me get out of car talked to me told me it was wrong to be sitting in car even if im not driving. He did not do breath test OR any sobriety testing. I did NOT refuse tests- the cop simply did not do them. He did not give me a written warning but told me to find a ride to take me home. he gave our liscence back . Can I still get summoned to court I am SO scared.
You CAN, but it's almost guaranteed that you won't. Without FST's, a breath test or an observation of the vehicle...
Double Jeopardy?? My reasoning is based on single criminal episode. "The order of dismissal concludes that in pleading to the civil traffic infraction, Knowles admitted an essential fact necessary for proof of the DUI charge: that Knowles was in control of the vehicle for both offenses. Thus, Grady v. Corbin, 495 U.S. 508, 110 S.Ct. 2084, 109 L.Ed.2d 548 (1990) bars the subsequent criminal prosecution. The order notes that characterization of the two proceedings as civil or criminal is not a determinative factor for purposes of double jeopardy analysis. See United States v. Halper, 490 U.S. 435, 109 S.Ct. 1892, 104 L.Ed.2d 487 (1989)."
No, pleading to a seat belt violation does not in any possible way bar a subsequent prosecution for OVI.
I have a suspended license from PA due to DUI and have recently moved to Ohio. Am i able to obtain an Ohio license? I would have been able to getting a limited occupational license in PA with an interlock system installed.
It depends if they have an interstate compact between the two. Just go to the DMV in your new city and apply. As long...
I received an ovi and an acda, the urine test was given 3 hours after the accident, and the hit car was parked illegally. The only reason I was given the ovi was due to the smell of alcohol on my breath. Can I fight that the urine test was given too late, and the other car was parked illegally? Need fast answer.
What kind of license do you have? There are different requirements for each and for employment. Failing a urine test...