Delmar Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Delmar, DE or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

  • Two more arrested for appliance thefts in Sussex Cou...

    Tuesday Feb 10 | via WMDT 

    Two more people have apparently been linked to a string of appliance related burglaries and thefts that span the last year, but Police are reportedly still looking for one more. Delaware State Police say while investigating a series of thefts of appliances and construction materials from new or model homes, they determined that 31-year-old Sylvester Hicks, of Lincoln, was running an organized criminal enterprise that was responsible for the crimes.


    Related Topix: Sussex County, DE, Delmar, DE, Georgetown, DE

  • Police: 2 More Arrests in Appliance Theft String

    Tuesday Feb 10 | via WBOC-TV Salisbury 

    Delaware state Police have arrested two more people and are looking for another in connection with numerous burglaries and thefts of appliances over the past year. During the course of the investigation, detectives say they learned through witness accounts that 31-year-old Sylvester Hicks, of Lincoln, was the head of an organized criminal enterprise responsible for burglarizing and stealing appliances or construction materials from new construction sites or model homes.


    Related Topix: Delmar, DE, Sussex County, DE, Georgetown, DE

Delmar Law

There is bad blood between us. We legally tried for temp. custody in Jan 14 when she was sentenced for her 3rd DUI. We lost the case. She then kept the kids from us until this afternoon. Apparently she has fled MD and is in Utah but we think she is fixing to get picked up by the law. She called and allowed me to talk to the kids for the first time since Feb 14. She wants to place the kids with us but wants to get them the minute she is released which is likely to be a while. She receives $1100 SS/mo for the kids because my son died. We want to keep the kids util she is sober and responsibly but not on her terms . Then we got to understand healthcare and school issues.
You need to speak with a local attorney to get this done. You said you've already lost an attempt to get custody, so I...
A DUI occurred in 2005 and I failed to appear at the court proceeding.
Arrest warrants generally remain active until they are executed. A dui occurred in 2005, meaning I suppose you were...
Delaware Law Chapter 175/2211 (b) "Any person incapacitated by alcohol except where apprehended under a criminal charge, shall be taken into protective custody, and forthwith brought to an approved public treatment facility for emergency treatment. ..." Delaware Law Chapter 175/2203 Definitions (9) "'Incapacitated by alcohol' means that a person as a result of the use of alcohol, is unconscious or has his judgment otherwise so impaired that he Is incapable of realizing and making a rational decision as to his need for treatment. ..." Can a person really be drunk enough so that, as a pedestrian, they are a hazard to themselves or others or property, yet they are still capable of making a rational decision as to their need for treatment?
You must have a reason for asking since your question and self-answered narrative seem more rhetorical than need based....
I understood that is the subpoena came by mail and not by a sheriff hand delivering then I don't have to honor the subpoena. True or not true.
It sounds from your description like this is a criminal case. Delaware Super. Ct. Crim. Rule 7(d) says that service...
My medical bills exceeded the policy minimum and I am still seeing a therapist for PTSD. They called the driver and harassed him saying my medical bills were coming close to exceeding the minimum. you see my boyfriend was the driver so I think they thought I would stop going to the dr which I needed to do for proper care. Can I get more of a settlement than the policy states for bodily injury since I will still continue to see a therapist concerning my PTSD.
You can't get blood from a stone and unless you want to go after your boyfriends personal assets your options are...
To start off i hit a tough spot in life and i lost my job and currently have no car I've failed to appear to both court dates and right now I'm scared that of I go turn myself in I'm going to be thrown in jail. The marijunia charge happened when me and my girlfriend got into an argument and she got mad and told her brother to call the cops and tell them I had marijunia.she found .2 grams of weed and told her brother to run down the road and return when the cops showed up.when he did he handed it over to the cops and told them it was mine.the police gave me a summons to go to court.the second charge is for driving without paying the $25 to the DMV to reinstate my license
Retain counsel. If you cannot afford an attorney, contact the public defender's office.
I was convicted on two D.U.I's in Pennsylvania with fines of $8,000 I thought it was only one because on the first D.U.I. The police didn't want to pursue it.
Speak with a DE attorney.