Corinth Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Corinth, MS or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Corinth Law

My step-daughter got a DUI, and my husband thinks that if the officer who gave her the ticket doesn't show up to court that the charges will be dropped. Her blood alcohol content is on record, and she hit a stop sign. She was also charged for having drug paraphernalia. She is 18. In Illinois she received a drinking ticket at age 17.
If the officer is not there at made the initial arrest, then the state will most likely ask for a continuance and...
My wife called, and they said they couldn't give out that information.
If they can, you need to make a written discovery request asking for it. But you really shouldn't be defending a DUI...
I was convicted of a DUI in the state of Tennessee 3 years ago and it has completely ruined my life since then. I am unable to apply for the jobs I want, even though I graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree. Tennessee does not allow expungement of records on DUI's. I understand I made a mistake, but is there any possible alternative to getting this cleared from my record so I can move on with my life? I am not a bad person and do not have a problem. I was leaving a dinner party and got stopped.
You could ask the governor to pardon you.
i was pulled over for speeding and arrested for dui (smoking pot) in alcorn co. ms. i was charged with speeding, careless driving and dui. i was not charged with possession and there was no drug test of any kind.
I a Mississippi DUI Attorney and if you were stopped by troopers of the highway patrol ,then your case will be tried in...
She had only 2 drinks but has a seizure disorder which causes her to pass out. It is a form of epilepsy. She work up disoriented to the cops asking her questions and eventually putting handcuffs on her. They tried to let her call one of her friends to come get her but when she comes out of the seizures she doesn't always understand her surroundings and some of that part of the night is fuzzy. She doesn't drink much because she can't with the depekote. They put her in handcuffs and took her to hail and when she finally was coherent enough to tell them about her disorder and that she had t taken her meds for the day they said they would have a nurse come but that never happened so they clearly didn't believe her. Her roommate came and bailed her out . What are her options?
She should obtain a good local attorney and hopefully they can make this charge go away. That is a shame that they are...
i was pulled over for my tag. searched, vehicle towed spent eight hours in jail for dui w/bonding out without having alcohol or drugs or testing. I plead guilty in court , only to be locked up again because i didnt have the 700 dollars for my other tickets in court and was set a trial date. This is 3 hours away from my home and i didnt have a way to make it so i called and was informed it was nothing they can do, So now i got a letter saying im convicted of a dui and i have to go to alcohol safety classes and i dont even drink. Im a veteran i respect the laws but i dont feel like this right at all. What do i do?
I'm having a hard time understanding why you pled guilty to a "wrongful" DUI? Please tell me how that happens.
Recently I was pulled over for speeding and charged with a DUI in TN. My hearing is next month. I have retained council in TN. I live in MS, but my job is being transferred to the east coast. I understand that if convicted, TN will not take my license, but MS will. Then things with the license will be complicated because I will not be living in MS in a couple of months. I'm more concerned about how probation will work? Will TN care if I'm not living in MS anymore (as long as i'm flying back to attend classes and meetings) I'm not worried about expenses as keeping my job is my priority. (for the long run) Any advice will be appreciated. My TN attorney is only focused on TN and my MS attorney is taking a wait and see attitude. Should I call an attorney in the new state too?
You already have an attorney in TN and should ask any and all questions about the case to your attorney. When you get...