Columbus Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Columbus, IN or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus Law

3 dui s in three 10 years! Magylivery 3 Dui s in ten years
You will not be eligible for any type of restricted driving privileges until at least 5 years of your 10-year...
My felony is receiving stolen property. My conviction was january 2004 and I completed my sentence June 2008. The law states it must be 7 years past the conviction date: check. And 3 years past the date of successful completion of terms of conviction: check. It seems I could write a judge and ask for it to be dropped to a misdemeanor because I cannot find a job other than serving due to my felony. I have not gotten any sort of convictions since I completed in 2008. Please let me know if there is a way to do this without paying a lawyer. I have 2 children and don't make enough to hire a lawyer. Thanks!
Was the final dispostion a D Felony? If so, expungment may be possibe. It would be better to hire an attorney to help...
i have a friend who was arrested for drunk driving and has an immigration hold on him. he has been arrested one other time march 18, 2011 for 2 counts of neglect of a minor. he is currently in the process of getting everything in order to become legal. He is currently at the county jail with a $5000.00 bond. They told me he was not allowed visitation and that he could not pay the bail and be released because immigration has a hold on him.
No, deportation isn't for-sure. He should get a lawyer ... he/she can visit him.
Under Indiana law (I.C. 9-30-10-16), an individual who has been adjudged to be a habitual traffic violator (HTV), and is later convicted of driving while HTV, may have his/her driving privileges suspended for life. According to our records, you were convicted of driving while HTV, and your driving privileges were suspended for life on 09-12-11. An individual whose driving privileges are suspended for life, and who meets all of the necessary qualifications, may petition the court in the county in which he/she resides, for a rescission of order and reinstatement of driving privileges under I.C. 9-30-10-14. You may wish to contact an attorney for assistance.
You will not be eligible for reinstatement for 3yrs or 10yrs, if at all. It depends on your circumstances and prior...
Hi I have been booked under DUI with BAC 1.2.This is my first offense.I did not cause any accident or damage to anyone just took a turn without signal and passed all the test(I asked the cop who arrested me about how I did with the test) other than BAC one.My question are below 1)Should I hire a lawyer to defend my case? 2)In cse "yes" whom can I hire on Indians Bartholomew county and what are the average charges in this case. 3)What can be minimum and maximum sentence in this case.I have no previous criminal history 4)how much time it takes to get a date of the hearing? 5)Is this a criminal chrage and will it hamper my future job applications 6)I am on H1B visa so will it cause any problem in future visa extensions. Please help me answering these questions as I am in real mess.
Without question you should retain counsel if you can afford one. Am certain you can find counsel in the desired...
licsense revoked for 12 yrs & 600,000 in fines. 20 yrs later i was renuing my indiana drivers & was told that florida dot had permanently revoked my licsense. do i have any recourse in this situation?
How did Florida get into this in the first place? Was that where the manslaughter occurred? You never mentioned...
My friends and I were tailgating at a concert out of the back of one of their cars. we had alcohol sitting in the trunk of the car and were drinking mixed drinks out of cups. after being there for about an hour an excise cop walked up to us, showed us his badge, and asked for our id's. (im not sure if excise cops are only in indiana or not, but they are in charge of monitoring alcohol and tobacco use and dress undercover.) we handed him our id's and he proceeded to give us tickets for alcohol consumption and possession. He said he had been watching us for about 45 min and saw some of us drinking. He only breathalyzed half of us, and I was not one of them. Should I try to fight this because I was not breathalyzed?
You have not been charged with being "under the influence." You are, in fact, being charged with "underage consumption....