Clint Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Clint, TX or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Clint Law

Can you get pdt for a 2nd dwi if I refused breathalyzer in Texas?
I've been told that if I ptd it will be expunged how does that work? ok here some facts of the case I didn't crash or nothing I refused bt and they got blood I think I'm being charged for first since my other dwi happened 7 years ago and in other state its states I'm being charged with a dwi>=.15 I have also a conviction of misdemeanor assault way back as well do I qualify for pdt how does it work?
You would not qualify for ptd in any county I've ever practiced in. Yours may be more lenient though. You need to...
Complex DWI question in the state of Texas please read details thank you
the DA offered 70 days in jail for a dwi. 15, the blood results barely come back so the court is barely forcing me to get a in home device which I can't afford so I decided to plea so I can do the time the judge rejected the offer and said the min he would accept is 6 months. he said I needed to do some classes get the device which I can't afford and pay the pr bond and he will accept the 70 days. do to the fact I was scared to death of doing 6months I accepted to do those things which I can't afford so I talked to my lawyer and he said just revoke and do the time is this a good idea? he is a public defender .please help what are my options
Your public defender is right, you can comply (which you say you can't afford), you can not comply and let the court...
Can i get my ex to have only supervised visits if he has dwi and other background charges like possession of marijuana ?
My ex has a dwi charge he even crashed into a light pole and he goes to jail every weekend and he has possession of marijuana charges also he has been in jail for breaking his moms Windows he has a criminal record and his mom is trying to fight to be able to take my son with her as visitations but she also has a small record and shes always drinking and smoking and the cops have been at her house because they get into fights when they drink.
Hire a lawyer to modify the visitation order. In the meantime, call 911 if he puts the child in danger.
Is it the judge or is it dps that suspends and impose surcharges of your drivers license in TX for a dwi. 16 ?
i got arrested over a year and a half ago for a dwi over. 15 i refused the brearhalyzer so they drew blood my license was suspended for 6 mths so i got convicted in dec so i did 30 days in jail the judge didnt suspend my license on the dps site it says i am eligible to reinstate my Dl for me to just pay 130 reinstatement fee im scared that if i do i am going to get denied saying my dl is going to be suspended longer or im going to owe 2000 a year in surcharges since my bac was over .16 but ove reached out to dps and they have told me just to pay the fee and im good so if the judge didnt impose further suspension and surcharges im ready to get my dl back? or has dps not found out about the conviction and they will assess the surcharges? i got convicted 5 months ago isnt that long enough?
I am not licensed in Texas, but from the question itself it sounds like DPS is the one who is imposing the surcharges,...
Can I be convicted of my fourth dwi if I was in a single care accident and was in possession of drug paraphanalia?
I was in a single car accident, (on;y myself). The state trooper found spice in my car and charged me with dwi, fourth and drew blood. My last conviction was more than twelve years ago, can I still get probation or SAFP?
You need to talk to a local Criminal Defense attorney. Many focus on DWIs. Do not ignore this or waste time asking...
Blood results came back as .314 in Texas 1st offense what will happen?
Was 1st offense for dui pre trial tomorrow
You do understand that 0.314 is nearly 4 times the legal limit. That is almost an alcohol induced coma. First and...
I've had an extreme DUI on the books in Kingman AZ since 2002, is there a statute of limitations on this?
I was in prison from 2006-2012 and did write them asking for a speedy trial and I plead guilty but they rejected it and said they were putting it on hold till I show up. This is keeping me from getting a license here in Texas? How can I take care of this and get it dismissed since it's been so long. Isn't there a statute of limitations?
You should contact a DWI attorney in the area that has the pending DWI. They can give you the best advice on how to...