Chestnut-Hill Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Chestnut-Hill, MA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Chestnut-Hill Law

Not Guilty DUI
I was found Not Guilty of DUI. The judge allowed CORI sealed. Will I be ok if I want to drive to Montreal?
Assuming you haven't been convicted of anything else.... Enjoy your trip and congratulations on your win! I would...
DUI " Not Guilty" sealed CORI
In a nutshell...... I was accused of a DUI by Mass state police. I went to court and was found " Not Guilty" by a judge. I later petitioned the court to seal my CORI and the judge allowed this. Do I now have to petition the state police and FBI to correct this ?
I do not believe you can seal it is against the FBI or the state police
Can I study abroad in Australia with a pending DUI?
Three nights ago I was arrested for a DUI. I refused to take a breathalyzer. I have my hearing tomorrow and I live in Massachusetts. I am wondering if this will affect my plans to study abroad in Australia in July. I have been planning all year for this trip and have already gotten my tickets and paid my tuition for the semester. The only thing I have left to do is get my visa. Is it at all possible for me to still study abroad?
This is serious and I would not go at it alone. Find a local attorney who will protect you and your rights. The...
DUI in Nevada now MA found out
I got a DUI in Nevada about 4 years ago. Massachusetts just found out and is threatening to suspend my license. Will I be fined here in MA since it's my second offense. I read that since its been more than 2 years I will not have to get the Ignotion Device? Please advise
You can't be punished in MA for a Nevada crime. That means there can be no fines or penalties or punishments for that...
If I wasn't seen driving and my breathalyzer is out of the case do I have a chance to fight?
I'm accused of dui(3rd) last one was 10 years before, I was seen arguing with a guy that says I hit his car when the police arrived and arrested me for dui. If the breathalyzer is not allowed and police never witnessed me driving do I have a fighting chance in winning???
Would have to know more facts about the case. You should speak to an attorney about your case. Best of luck!
Sons father was intoxicated and got arrested in front of my son, on a weekend visit and was arrested. My 2 yr old saw everything
What should I do legally? During the incident, while he was intoxicated he forced his girlfriend onto the bed aggressively and stole her phone so she couldn't call anyone and my son and his girlfriends daughter saw everything. What can I do legally? I don't trust this man around my son anymore. His girlfriend lied to me the next day and didn't tell me what happened with his father so I agreed the visit could be continued with his grandmother. And when DCF contacted me I knew something was wrong (didn't know that when I said yes). When I told both the girlfriend and grandma I was picking him up, they withheld him from me and I had to hey police intervention. I am primary custodial parent and showed cops my papers. I got him Back. But what can I do legally? Any ideas for Massachusetts laws?
You should contact a family lawyer to discuss a possible change in custody arrangements asap.
How to seal record in Massachusetts after acquittal ?
I was charged with OUI in Massachusetts 2 years ago, however The case finally went to trial and I was found "Not guilty." I will be entering the workforce shortly in the financial services industry, and usually a spotless record is required. I would like to seal my record to minimize the impact of that arraignment however I am unsure on how to proceed. I would also like to know how sealing the record may affect information that private background checking companies may report to my potential future employers.
Good for you, that is a smart thing to do and doing so before sending out job applications is a very good idea. You...